View Full Version : Anyone get a car through DLA

CorkerSWFC
23-11-2008, 13:06
Hi all i was just wondering if any1 is on the scheme where you can get a new car if you or one of your family is on high rate disability.
I am currently waiting for my provisional to turn up so i can take my lessons and hopefully pass my test.
Is it a lot of messing about sorting the car out or is it pretty straight forward?
Thanx in advance :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rich
23-11-2008, 13:09
It's probably a LOT of messing about, everything to do with getting ANYTHING out of the DSS is.

You have to spend about 5 hours filling in the form, because they want to know EVERYTHING including how many times a day you use the karzy.

*Peaches*
23-11-2008, 13:10
Rich, that really isn't helping the OP.

OP, my uncle gets one, he filled in a form, and within 6 weeks he got the list of cars to choose from. He gets a brand new one every year if he hands all his "book" in

CorkerSWFC
23-11-2008, 13:19
Rich, that really isn't helping the OP.

OP, my uncle gets one, he filled in a form, and within 6 weeks he got the list of cars to choose from. He gets a brand new one every year if he hands all his "book" in

Sounds sweet enough to me then fella, ive been looking at some of the cars they do, mouthwatering or what lol.
And my kids would just love having a car as it can be hard getting about with 3 kids, especially in the winter.
Thanx a lot for your help.:thumbsup:

*Peaches*
23-11-2008, 13:20
If you phone DLA on Monday they'll be able to tell you exactly what to do :)

CorkerSWFC
23-11-2008, 13:22
If you phone DLA on Monday they'll be able to tell you exactly what to do :)

Well ive got to pass my test yet, so it will be a few months yet, they sent us an application form when we got all the info about my sons Dla, and it said that we were entitled to one.
I,ll be on the phone the same day as i pass my test lol:)

*Peaches*
23-11-2008, 13:23
Good luck with the lessons then!

miser
23-11-2008, 15:48
why not earn a car lazy get.if you get your so called dla stopped the car will go with it. from next year you will be vetted under the new schemes from the jobcentre. a family of shirkers are you.

*Peaches*
23-11-2008, 15:52
DLa isnt for him its for his son, now crawl back under the rock you came from

miser
23-11-2008, 16:01
cars for disabled its bad enough driving with your faculties. time it was stopped.

*Peaches*
23-11-2008, 16:03
You are a lovely person aren't you :)

cloudybay
23-11-2008, 16:04
It's probably a LOT of messing about, everything to do with getting ANYTHING out of the DSS is.

You have to spend about 5 hours filling in the form, because they want to know EVERYTHING including how many times a day you use the karzy.

http://www.motability.co.uk/main.cfm

miser
23-11-2008, 16:05
i go to work of a morning to pay for my car. i dont get it handed to me because i have a disability that is more often then not a put on

bellis
23-11-2008, 16:05
DLa isnt for him its for his son, now crawl back under the rock you came from

he certainly lives up to user name doesnt he:)

donuticus
23-11-2008, 16:08
i go to work of a morning to pay for my car. i dont get it handed to me because i have a disability that is more often then not a put on

Im going to regret feeding this troll but here goes.

Motabillity cars are not free. You pay for them by having you DLA deducted at source. So just as you pay for your car so do people who are disabled.

CorkerSWFC
23-11-2008, 16:09

My son has severe asthma and can't walk any more than a few yards without getting out of breath, and we are constantly up in the middle of the night cleaning his sick up from when he's had an episode due to his dodgy breathing.
Get off your high horse, i bet you havent got many friends with the attitude you have got, get a life soft lad.:hihi:

miser
23-11-2008, 16:10
dont talk wet they get the money for sod all to begin with. im disabled also i get out of breath when i walk long distance, can i have a new mondeo mr brown?

cloudybay
23-11-2008, 16:11
Im going to regret feeding this troll but here goes.

Motabillity cars are not free. You pay for them by having you DLA deducted at source. So just as you pay for your car so do people who are disabled.

You can always avoid losing your DLA by using the Access to Work grants, providing you're working,

CorkerSWFC
23-11-2008, 16:13
dont talk wet they get the money for sod all to begin with. im disabled also i get out of breath when i walk long distance, can i have a new mondeo mr brown?

What you get it for sod all at 1st? where did you come to this conclusion then Mr Brainbox, i think any1 in the world gets out of breath after walking a "long distance" my son only needs to walk a few yards, i doubt Mr Brown would even give you a Robin Reliant listening to the crap you spout :thumbsup:

*Peaches*
23-11-2008, 16:16
OMG my grand dad had one of those reliant robins, he took the corner too quick and it tipped over hehe

telman
23-11-2008, 16:42
can,t you get somebody i.e. us to pay for your lessons. you seem to think we should pay for everything else.

SlimRick
23-11-2008, 17:11
I have a Motability car as I get the higher rate DLA. New car every 3 years, insurance, servicing and repairs paid for, it's great, can even get a grant for someone elses driving lessons if they help you!!! Well, apart from the whole disability thing that is :)

donuticus
23-11-2008, 17:32
You can always avoid losing your DLA by using the Access to Work grants, providing you're working,

I didn't know that. My mum has recently had to return her car due to a worsening of her illness, so she now receives an electric wheelchair. She still works 16hrs a week. How could I find out about the Access to Work Grants?

Hoddock
23-11-2008, 17:36

Must be a real bind fillling a few forms out to get some free money.

Try working for a living, thats a real shhitter.

drinkingman
23-11-2008, 17:37
Corkers, have a look at this site http://www.motability.co.uk/main.cfm. I got a car a couple of months ago and found it quite straight forward. Only took a couple of weeks to sort out. It's made a real difference to me.

The hard part is getting DLA in the first place. Ignore the bloody trolls, if you or a member of your family is getting the higher rate then you must deserve it. Despite what some people may think, it isn't easy to get DLA.

cloudybay
23-11-2008, 17:46
I didn't know that. My mum has recently had to return her car due to a worsening of her illness, so she now receives an electric wheelchair. She still works 16hrs a week. How could I find out about the Access to Work Grants?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Employmentsupport/WorkSchemesAndProgrammes/DG_4000347

honeyb35
23-11-2008, 23:16
Check the finance terms carefully as it can often be far more expensive than you'd expect. My son recieves high rate DLA but I won't have a mobility car due to the costs.
I'm sure theres a thread with a lot more detail in the disability and carers group?

donuticus
24-11-2008, 00:01
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Employmentsupport/WorkSchemesAndProgrammes/DG_4000347

Thanks for the help Cloudy.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Alastair
24-11-2008, 01:15

It's put on a plate for you and you wont take it. Some people are beyond helping.

I have a friend disabled with AIDS, he gets a car through the Motability scheme and he's very happy with it. He has no issues with the form filling because he realises it's necessary for the administration of the scheme. Please stop whinging and make some effort to take advantage of what is on offer to you.

liza D
24-11-2008, 10:53
The hard part is getting DLA in the first place. Ignore the bloody trolls, if you or a member of your family is getting the higher rate then you must deserve it. Despite what some people may think, it isn't easy to get DLA.

Really, have a look at some of the people getting out of the cars at your local supermarket D bays. Seems to me all you have to be is either over 60 or over wieght.

The gov want less cars on the rd and to save money, they should make it harder for people to get DLA, Did you know that if you are a registered drug-adict that you are entitled to DLA?:loopy:

happyhippy
24-11-2008, 10:57
Really, have a look at some of the people getting out of the cars at your local supermarket D bays. Seems to me all you have to be is either over 60 or over wieght.

I've spent more time in tribunals arguing the case for people to get DLA/AA to know that you have absolutely no idea at all of what you're talking.

The gov want less cars on the rd and to save money, they should make it harder for people to get DLA, Did you know that if you are a registered drug-adict that you are entitled to DLA?:loopy:

Absolute rubbish.

honeyb35
24-11-2008, 11:24
why has this point come up yet again? it has absolutely no relevance to the thread? I dont work either but dont feel the need to mention it so often?
The only possible relevance is the fact that you do not drive, the car can be for someone who has to drive you around.
To the OP, this is the thread that might be useful
http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=207638&highlight=motobility

CorkerSWFC
24-11-2008, 15:17
why has this point come up yet again? it has absolutely no relevance to the thread? I dont work either but dont feel the need to mention it so often?
The only possible relevance is the fact that you do not drive, the car can be for someone who has to drive you around.

thanx a lot honey much appreciated :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rich
24-11-2008, 15:23

It's not always me that brings up my lack of paid employment, as much as I'd love to, I can't help the fact that clueless trolls can't handle the fact that I don't work for money, but have been doing voluntary work for various charitable companies for donkey's years!

max
24-11-2008, 15:37
MOD: I think this thread has come to the end of its useful life. If the OP wants this re-opening please contact admin.