Sign in to follow this  

Bsod is doing my head in!

ok....been having a nightmare with my relatively new PC. Its a compaq pressario running Vista and recently I have been getting blue screen error messages and the error reports tell me its an issue with "mini111308-01.dmp".

Im not very gifted with pc's so downloaded Reg Cure which said it could help. It hasn't!

I run the programme and it finds problems to fix. It says it has fixed them, I reboot and rescan and it finds more problems. I still get the BSOD crashes and ontop of that im £20 quid lighter thanks to regcure.

I have tried reinstalling the OS (twice) which hasn't helped.

If anyone has got any idea what I could do next to try and solve the problem Im all ears. Even if it means paying someone to get it fixed, give me their details and I'll call em tomorrow cos I need my PC back up and running.

Hope someone out there can help!

Hmm, the company behind Regcure have released spyware in the past, I wouldn't trust it, them, or anything they release. Personally I wouldn't trust them with any credit or debit card information either but I'm a paranoid geek.

I don't think that file is the one causing the actual problem, more like an dump of the memory contents to try & help you diagnose the problem. Look for something driver-like mentioned, or a .dll file.

If you're bluescreening on a completely clean re-install then it may be a hardware problem, bluescreening rather than just hanging or resetting may point to RAM, but not sure without more information. A proper model name/number would help too, eg some earlier nVidia drivers really had problems with Vista, so that could bluescreen on a clean install from manufacturer-supplied backup media.

the problem probably isn't caused BY "mini111308-01.dmp" - but thats just a dump of the memory at the time of crash.

Its likley a memory issue, download memtestx86 from memtest.org, burn to a CD and boot it, leave it running for 30mins-1 hour, watch for any red in the bottom section of the screen, or watch for the machine hanging (the little + sign top left will stop flashing if its crashed) -- if either of these happen, its an issue with your memory (ram) - and report back here :D