Wednesday match - advice wanted

um basically i'm wanting to go to a wednesday match but have no ne to go with n no idea how to get there or the prices

bascially i wanna know does n e one wanna go to a wednesday match soon, i went n wacth united n they were bloody crap i wanna know if the owls play a more exciting game

lemmie know plsssssssssssssss

Now, that's flame bait if I ever saw it!

Probably the best way to go and see the footy is to go and watch the reserve matches. I don't know about elsewhere, but it's free to watch at Hillsborough.

I believe Rotherham United normally play their home games at the Don Valley stadium.

There are plenty of sites which will give you directions to either venue.

As for playing better football, probably not at the moment, but we always live in hope of better football!

- J

Wednesday are playing Scunny United (my team :D) in the 2nd round of the FA cup soon away at Glanford park! Can't miss watching the owls get walked all over by the mighty Iron! :thumbsup:

-Paul-

Come on be serious - you can't possibly hope to go to Hillsbrough to see football being played, they're in Division 2 for a reason...

Originally posted by fnkysknky

Come on be serious - you can't possibly hope to go to Hillsbrough to see football being played, they're in Division 2 for a reason...

If we are been serious perhaps we could also be realistic. 20,000 + see them on a regular basis. :o:D

Originally posted by Lickszz

If we are been serious perhaps we could also be realistic. 20,000 + see them on a regular basis. :o:D

They don't see much football though.

Originally posted by fnkysknky

They don't see much football though.

Why do this amount keep turning up week in week out? Blind Loyalty? Stupidity?

I'm unable comment on the quality of the football. You may be right. I've not been to a Wednesday match for many years.

Originally posted by Lickszz

Why do this amount keep turning up week in week out? Blind Loyalty? Stupidity?

I'm unable comment on the quality of the football. You may be right. I've not been to a Wednesday match for many years.

Well yeah it comes down to loyalty - supporting a team is about following them through thick and thin. Up until recently I used to be at every Wednesday home match (even though I'm a Blade) due to my old job. I've seen the state of Division 2 football and it's not pretty. Obviously I take great pleasure in this :D

Being a Forest fan I take great pride in the plight of Sheff Weds.

I remember the good old days when Forest used to take them to town 7-1....sheer bliss!

Its a shame they've gone to Div 2 though...terrible stuff.

As to tickets...get on the web and find a map and the phone no. for the ticket office

....can't be that hard surely

I'd try the blades myself.

Much better standard!

Erm get a life, dnt go and wotch that crap piggy ****, cum 2 the lane and wotch sum proper football! Wednesday r absoloutly shocking and can't keep the game 2getha! I dnt nop how u can say united woz crap, i wunt even bother goin 2 wotch them if u think were ****, they r the ultimet ****! Wot woz it?? 3-1??

Originally posted by jagielkaluva

Erm get a life, dnt go and wotch that crap piggy ****, cum 2 the lane and wotch sum proper football! Wednesday r absoloutly shocking and can't keep the game 2getha! I dnt nop how u can say united woz crap, i wunt even bother goin 2 wotch them if u think were ****, they r the ultimet ****! Wot woz it?? 3-1??

It's amazing to think that with modern technology people can post on this board using old mobile telephones without predictive text input. Fantastic stuff.

As for football - 22 men kicking a pigs bladder round a field? how exciting! As for premiereship league football - 22 millionaires kicking a pigs bladder round a field - even more exciting.

Bring back the ancient Cornish Sport of Hurling. Much more exciting (and better injuries too).

ERGH, LETS NOT, GET A LIFE..........Whos going hurling nowadayz? Footballs gr8t actually and were not in the olden days anymore, there not made out of pigs bladders, appart from wen u wotch wednesday. . . .. .