New SpeedGarage and Urban DJ Night

Should we promote Sheffields underground dance scene in Chesterfield  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should we promote Sheffields underground dance scene in Chesterfield

• yeah spread the word
    • keep it underground in Sheff
    • give up
    • support it 100%

Genesis Nightclub in Chesterfield is not well renown for doing anything special, in the past it's been a out of town club, which used to play commercial dance music, well I've banned Scooter and DJ sammy,

So if you are into Funky House, Sheffields underground Speed Garage scene and serious Essential new dance music then come down on a Saturday and have a listen, the night is called Local Heros.

As part of Local heros Iam looking for local DJ talent or Vocalists with their own material, you have got to be doing playing out new music, not DJ sammy, send me your demos to Mark Ashmore, Genesis Nightclub, Chatsworth road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, I give everyone a listen, you never know next week you could be playing out, well not next week as we have Sheffield DJ Dave Stanton playing (1st NOV) and the folowing week we have female speed garage DJ Cherry from Chesterfield playing out (8th Nov)

Spread the word, the musical revolution has begun.

Asha

can you offer me an description of the history of speed garage in relation to UK garage? i read that the dreem team started off playing speed garage then morphed into the UK garage scene.

i quite like the UK sound and associated breaks, but missed out the speed g scene - only been exposed to it at niche a few times.

Originally posted by fnkysknky

get your own scene :P

? who is this comment aimed at?! what does it mean? i've been into the dnb/jungle scene for about 8 years now and i'm interested in other genres of music that influence or are influenced by 'my scene'. hybridity and that, innit.

It was meant as a joke :) It read like he was promoting Sheffield's scene as Chesterfield doesn't have one... How true that is I don't know, I try to avoid going out in Chesterfield tbh :)

the reflective label (reflex records in sheff) do a weekly speed garage night every friday at .zero. ive been two or three times and the place is packed to the rafters. if u go into reflex records they'll tell you all about it, they have some big stars on the scene signed to them aswell. well worth a try.

i cocked up i meant to post this under ashers post. not a new topic. im sooo new.

what do you do? play records at 78RPM:thumbsup:

so what is speed garage?

Originally posted by green

i cocked up i meant to post this under ashers post. not a new topic. im sooo new.

Problem sorted ;)

Local Heros is going from strength to strength, thanks for everyones support...

Tonight 8th Nov 2003 Cherry Jackson a female DJ from Chesterfield is playing out, along side our resident DJ's Stefan Mabbott and Dave Stanton

Look out for our UK SPEED GARAGE Special on New Years EVE, we are the ONLY VENUE IN CHESTERFIELD to be open until 4am, and we are the only venue that won't be playing commercial pop.

As for UK SPEED GARAGE being a Chesterfield scene, no it's a Sheffield thing, and thats what it makes it so inovitive,

The North is doing something new, a bassline sound, Birmingham are catching on, and as for Chesterfield there is us at Local HEROs (genesis) and DJ Clifton 'Chesterfield Finest' whom I think works for REFLEX RECORDS whom are the only one's playing this out, our rivals Zanzibar and Club Fever all play Scooter...

But we are constantly fighting against being an outside of town venue, but at least the 10 minute walk is worth it to hear a bit of history in the making.

Ash :)

Originally posted by Asha

our rivals Zanzibar and Club Fever all play Scooter...

respect to the man in the ice-cream van!

not!!!