How do we get a snake out??

Help! I have just found a snake in my bathroom, possibly a grass snake or slow worm. It's currently under floor boards, how do we get it out. Please help or I will have to leave home??

well as nobody's answered that in the last half hour, at this time of night I'd suggest asking an out of hours vet (I assume you already have a good number in your line of business!) for advice

usually I think the council are the people to call - animal control services

Help! I have just found a snake in my bathroom, possibly a grass snake or slow worm. It's currently under floor boards, how do we get it out. Please help or I will have to leave home??

Hi what [part off sheffield are you from?R u near gleadless?

looks like it could be waterthorpe

Hi what [part off sheffield are you from?R u near gleadless?

Yes Waterthorpe as strix said.

Don't know how it got in but Jon's been trying to coax it out from under the skirting board for the last couple of hours. There's no way I'm going to bed until its caught and repatriated elseware - preferably in another county!

Spoke to RSPCA and they were no use. Just wanted some advice from them that's all. Council will be equally poor and not available anyway until Monday. Jon says if it will come out far enough, he'll grab it. Anyone know what could coax it out?

Got a feeling this could be a very long night!

Yes Waterthorpe as strix said.

Don't know how it got in but Jon's been trying to coax it out from under the skirting board for the last couple of hours. There's no way I'm going to bed until its caught and repatriated elseware - preferably in another county!

Spoke to RSPCA and they were no use. Just wanted some advice from them that's all. Council will be equally poor and not available anyway until Monday. Jon says if it will come out far enough, he'll grab it. Anyone know what could coax it out?

Got a feeling this could be a very long night!

rspca etc wont do nothing, if its not a fluffly animal they dont care..

is it still there? i can remove the snake for you, lots of experiance, only trouble is, the vw camper wont make it there and back from wincobank where i am....

you can try putting a water bowl nearby, it will want to drink, and some warm towels in a pile.

difficult one babe, especially cos it's sunday, you could try putting a small box with a hole wide enough for the snake to enter.

Go down to retail park " pets at home" buy a frozen mouse, cost about 50p defrost it and put it in box.....wait for snake to smell it and enter box, then when you have snake in box, put the box in an old pillow case and tie it up at top....then take it down to Snakes n Adders Intake next to ball inn.

He will know what to do with it:hihi:

difficult one babe, especially cos it's sunday, you could try putting a small box with a hole wide enough for the snake to enter.

Go down to retail park " pets at home" buy a frozen mouse, cost about 50p defrost it and put it in box.....wait for snake to smell it and enter box, then when you have snake in box, put the box in an old pillow case and tie it up at top....then take it down to Snakes n Adders Intake next to ball inn.

He will know what to do with it:hihi:

if it is a grass snake or slow worm, it wont eat a mouse. grass snakes will eat frogs etc..

also being a nice unusual snake, its best to be put where it was found, i would love them in my garden!

if it is a grass snake or slow worm, it wont eat a mouse. grass snakes will eat frogs etc..

also being a nice unusual snake, its best to be put where it was found, i would love them in my garden!

LOL..true!!!! I was thinking escaped corn or something more exotic:hihi:

Looks like it came in for the warmth whatever kind it is. Good luck anyway:hihi:

HEY just phone the bloke at Snakes n Adders...0114 2658299 hopefully he will come over and sort it out!

LOL..true!!!! I was thinking escaped corn or something more exotic:hihi:

Looks like it came in for the warmth whatever kind it is. Good luck anyway:hihi:

yeah, i would have said it was most likley a corn etc.

it wont have food under the boards if it is a grass snake, but it could have come in for the winter...i guess, im not a expert on grass snakes.

Well, there's at least one good thing if it is a corn....you'll not get mice! Our corn escaped once, disappeared under floorboards...weeks later O/h was answering call of nature when snake popped up at side of loo!

He nearly had a heart attack, was soooo funny! and the snake had put on mega weight from eating mice:hihi: