Sign in to follow this  

Police Community Support Officers

Hi

Im looking into this job for a possible future career and I was just wondering if anyone on the Sheffield Forum is one or knows one and could tell me a little bit more about the job?

Also where do I apply and what kind of interview will it be and do I have to go through a medical exam?

Thanks

Community Officers are the first line for care in the community. They sort out neighbourhood problems. Children running amok, neighbourhood disputes and anti-social behaviour.

I would have thought you should apply for a job in the police force before going into Community Support. You could telephone your local force and ask there.

hi go on to the police website there is a bit about how to apply on there.

Originally posted by ANGELUS

Hi

Im looking into this job for a possible future career and I was just wondering if anyone on the Sheffield Forum is one or knows one and could tell me a little bit more about the job?

Also where do I apply and what kind of interview will it be and do I have to go through a medical exam?

Thanks

This is a thnakless task and you have no powers of arrestt, either join the Special Constables as an insight although this is volunntary, and then consider the regulaer force.

I'm sorry I don't no any official details, but my neice is a P.C.S.O.

and she loves it, I think perhaps it's a little hard on the old legs, but she got used to it,and she used to work in a building society so she wasn't used to walking that far, have a go or you may regret it.