View Full Version : Riddle on the back of a matchbox

yosser_huges
10-05-2005, 22:31
Its driving me crazy ill post it and see if any of you know it alls ;) can answer it.

--A man walks into a shop to check the price of something.
"How much is one?" he asked. "1.20," replied the shopkeeper. "And ten?" asked the man. "2.40," said the shopkeeper. "Ok," said the customer, "I'll take 210," The shopkeeper charged him a total of 3.60 - what on earth was the man buying?

please answer this before i go mental.

Plain Talker
10-05-2005, 22:46
he is buying door numbers, of course!

the number one (1) is 1.20
the number 10 (1 + a 0) + 2 numbers, and is 2.40
three numbers, (2+1+0) = 3.60!

simple, when you know!

lol

PT

Kristian
10-05-2005, 22:51
Wasn't this asked recently? :suspect: You cheatin' PT? :D

yosser_huges
10-05-2005, 22:56
I actually knew the answer to this riddle my self, but.... er..... i forgot the answer, just seeing if u all knew it <_< >_>

lol thanks that was getting me mad.
ill post the next riddle when i buy more matches lol

Plain Talker
10-05-2005, 23:02
kristian!

You shock me! ;)

I don't cheat! i just knew the answer!

PT

redrobbo
10-05-2005, 23:04
Originally posted by Kristian
:suspect: You cheatin' PT? :D

I suspect that in her spare time, i.e., when not on the forum, Plain Talker indulges in a little lateral thinking. Of course, being a fan of Edward de Bono, I'm sure that I would also have worked out this puzzle - given just a little bit of extra time . :rolleyes:

Got any more matchbox puzzles yosser_huges?

Plain Talker
10-05-2005, 23:10
the logic is there, for you to find the answer, if you look...

the second price is double the first price, the third price is treble the first. so each "thing" must be the same price...
It doesn't take a lot of lateral thinking to cotton on that (especially as there is only one number different each time... 1, 1+a 0, then a1+ a 0+ a 2...) that it must be individual numbers.

PT

yosser_huges
10-05-2005, 23:12
Not yet im not onto 100 fags a day (yet), ill post em as soon as i get some mate.

Incase your wondering the riddles can be found on the back of "BRYMAY" matches box's

payson
21-09-2011, 03:00
i have 1
Clifford milton married his sister, then his brother,and then his mother (second time around) How could he do this without breakin the law?

*_ash_*
21-09-2011, 04:07
i have 1
Clifford milton married his sister, then his brother,and then his mother (second time around) How could he do this without breakin the law?

Sharia?

Ms Macbeth
21-09-2011, 05:13
i have 1

Because he was a vicar/minister/priest?

matsalleh
21-09-2011, 07:39
the logic is there, for you to find the answer, if you look...

the second price is double the first price, the third price is treble the first. so each "thing" must be the same price...
It doesn't take a lot of lateral thinking to cotton on that (especially as there is only one number different each time... 1, 1+a 0, then a1+ a 0+ a 2...) that it must be individual numbers.

PT

Does this logic work at Ronnie Barker's emporium with fork handles?