BBC Talent & The NonStop Foundation to help find the next big thing!

BBC asks The NonStop Foundation to help them find the next big talent

The BBC is looking for the next Craig David, Estelle and Trevor Nelson, and has asked The NonStop Foundation for their help.

Dee Warburton C.E.O of The NonStop Foundation has been asked by BBC New Talent, the bit of the BBC that looks to develop raw talent across the country, to be a nominator for its new Urban Music Bursary. Dee Warburton was asked to get involved because of his renowned knowledge and experience of the regional and national urban music scene.

The Bursary is open to aspiring urban music artists, producers, label bosses, promoters and managers, aged between 18 and 30. It’s aimed at people who have already begun work towards a career in the music, and who would benefit from a boost at this stage in their careers. In the first year, up to 20 winners will win a year-long Bursary, worth up to £10 000, and giving them access to music industry advice and training and a leading industry figure as their own personal mentor. A further 20 runners up will receive £1000 towards developing their career.

Dee Warburton has been asked by BBC New Talent to put forward six people from the South Yorkshire region. Dee explains who he’s looking for:

We’re looking for aspiring producers, label bosses, promoters and managers, as well as artists. We know some of these people, but not all of them for sure, so we’re asking people to let us know if they think they’d be right for the scheme or if they know someone else who would be. It doesn’t matter how much experience they’ve got; commitment, passion and potential is just as important.

Anyone interested please contact me at:

[email protected]

0114 2724 753

entries open until 27th May 2005

come on peeps, last chance saloon...if you don't enter your details you will never know!

hey teknobug, i have emailed u, can u give me anymore info?

hey,

im tandi i only just read your message, iam i to late??? mot sure if you read your messages regularly but, Iam extremly intreasted please email me at [email protected]. Il also try to contact you by phone.

take care tandi [email protected]

Nominations will be published soon, sorry to all those that didn't make it.....