Where is good for blackberries in Sheffield?

I want to go and pick some blackberries as its about that time of year but just wondered if anyone knew of any good spots locally to find them :)

There's a big patch at the bottom of Watersmeet Road, just as you come off Rivelin Valley Road. There was a little old dear there earlier though, so you'd better be quick!

It depends where you live but they are very common all over the place. Try walking on any scrub land where you live and along any hedgerows, You will find some.

I find them all the time when I'm walking out and about. It slows me down because I keep seeing big juicy ones and can't help but stop and eat them.

Just a bit of advice due to the rain the nettles seem to be fierce this year. A long sleeve top and a pair of marigolds wouldnt go a miss blackberrying. Me and the OH went along the canal banks near Kiveton and got about 4lb a couple of weeks back! Made loads of jam, but got nettled and brambled in the process of picking.

I've found the blackberries a bit hit and miss so far this year, still not fully ripe most times. If you fancy Bilberries as a change I can recommend the Wyming Brook area

There's usually some at the bottom of the bowl hills.

• Bolehills (or most of the bigger parks).
  • Opposite the entrance to Tesco on Abbeydale Rd (although I'd give them a good wash)
  • The guy who stands outside Wilko's in Hillsborough

Elderberries are also out now and there's a good apple tree on the way out to Totley Tigers RUFC