Simple cooking recipe ideas?

So my fella doesn't believe I can cook so I need to prove him wrong. Thing is, hes completely right! Stupidly, ive agreed to cook for him soon and Delia Smith is NOT as much help as i once thought!

I have been considering Toad in the hole because its pretty simple and he loves it, so what are the chances it could go wrong?

Is there any other recipes you could recommend? They don't have to be fancy at all, but he doesnt like Mushrooms, peppers or tomatos which makes life a bit difficult.

:help::hihi:

1: Pick phone up

2: Dial takeaway

3: Enjoy!

:thumbsup:

So my fella doesn't believe I can cook so I need to prove him wrong. Thing is, hes completely right! Stupidly, ive agreed to cook for him soon and Delia Smith is NOT as much help as i once thought!

I have been considering Toad in the hole because its pretty simple and he loves it, so what are the chances it could go wrong?

Is there any other recipes you could recommend? They don't have to be fancy at all, but he doesnt like Mushrooms, peppers or tomatos which makes life a bit difficult.

:help::hihi:

Tell him to stop being so fussy!

I'm the same though, I really want to learn to cook something half decent. I've never roasted a joint or anything like that so am extremely limited on what I can do where I'm confident of not poisoning myself.

The only thing that can go wrong with a toad in the hole is that your pudding dosn`t rise.

Try Shepherds pie, chilli, or a casserole.

Can`t go wrong with a nice stew, just brown your meat(nice stewing steak is good), throw in some veg(onions, leeks, celery, carrot), add stock and seasoning, bung it in the oven on a low heat and leave it to cook nice and slow.

Serve with new/mashed potatoes and steamed veg.

Don't do it! He'll expect it all the time and you don't want that! :thumbsup:

Hmm. Him not liking what I like to call 'ingredients' isn't going to make your life easy here!

Toad in the hole is dead easy though - make sure you get the batter right (use scales, don't guess and let it rest before you use it) and don't open the oven until it's done.

Couldn't be easier!

Pot noodle or Smash mash :D

Get a Jamie Oliver book, he makes very basic but nice food.

1: Pick phone up

2: Dial takeaway

3: Enjoy!

:thumbsup:

I keep my phone book in the oven :)

buy some batter mix. cook sausages a bit first, heat oil in tin, when its smoking hot, put your batter mix in, put in your sausages and leave it in the oven. keep checking til its all brown and crispy but not burnt. serve with some mash, or just new potatos n veg.

One thing I cook quite often, is dead easy, and doesn't include things he doesn't like is Pine Nuts, Peas, Pasta, Pancetta and Pesto.

Heat some oil in a big frying pan.

When it gets hot, chuck in a good handfull of pine nuts - keep moving them so they start to go lovely and brown, then

Chuck in some frozen peas (smaller and sweeter the better) then

Chuck the pancetta in the same pan to cook (takes hardly any time), then

stir in about half a jar of pesto (aubergine is nice, or go for the authentic green one)

While that is keeping warm, cook some fresh tagliatelle (should only take three mins or so - boil the water ready so you can chuck the pasta in just before you finish the pea, pancetta, pesto and pine nuts).

Then drain the pasta, mix with the p,p,p,p and you're away.

Stick some grated mozeralla on top if you want.