The films you DO want to see; what classic film have you never got to watch?

So which films have you got on your list to watch and you've just never got round to it, or, like me, are plucking up the courage to watch?

I was like this about Psycho for ages, as i don't like scary films but i love Hitchcock... when i watched it yes i found the very end scene scary but the rest of it wasn't too bad.

Then i was like it about Zodiac - a Fincher film but too scared to go to the cinema on my own and then i bought it but had to wait for a daytime viewing. :hihi: It actually wasn't too bad in a scary way in the end.

On my current list:

Taxi Driver

The other Boleyn Girl.

The Happening (just because i can't believe M Night Shymalan was only capable of one decent film that was sooo good.

City of God.

Sure there are more and others will inspire me. :)

I watched Zodiac the other night after putting it off, and putting it off. It was excellent, though not for the easily bored.

I've got There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men sitting next to the tele waiting to be watched. I still haven't made it through Pan's Labyrinth either.

I watched Zodiac the other night after putting it off, and putting it off. It was excellent, though not for the easily bored.

I've got There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men sitting next to the tele waiting to be watched. I still haven't made it through Pan's Labyrinth either.

Yeah I agree, it's a film you've definitely got to concentrate in and turn the brightness up on your telly! :hihi:

Yeah I agree, it's a film you've definitely got to concentrate in...

I went for a quick wee and came back to find that we'd skipped four years. I never saw Anthony Edwards again either :suspect::hihi: .

I managed to watch Pan's Labyrinth the other day and quite enjoyed it.

Currently on my list are:

There will be Blood

Lust, Caution

and there are many others, but none spring to mind at this hour.....

There's a few recent ones I've still not seen - There Will be Blood, Indiana Jones 4, Babel, ermm can't remember any others but I know there are.

Right now I want to watch more by Ingmar Bergman, Francois Truffaut, classic film noirs, Greta Garbo films etc. Just all the old stuff I missed out on by being too young.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly... The theme from it > everything IMO.

There's a lot of Hitchcock I still need to see, when I had access to a lot of them in an old job I stupidly savoured them instead of watching them all before I quit!

I only remember which films are on my list when they get mentioned and I get an "omh u havent seen it!!!!!!1111" response ;)

Pan's Labyrinth is one of mine as well. There's Dark Crystal which I'm only remembering now because I've just typed the word labyrinth and it's always mentioned along with that film. Signs is one I always see on shelves and think "oh yeah, not see that yet".

My gf has a huge collection of films so I'm sure I can fill some gaps when I come up and stay at hers.

I have both Labyrinth and Dark Crystal on DVD.

I went to see both back in the early 80s at the old ABC Cinema on Angel St (where Argos is now) classic movies, although I was a bit scared of the mutant Turkey things in Dark Crystal (The Skeksis)

I went to see both back in the early 80s at the old ABC Cinema on Angel St (where Argos is now) classic movies, although I was a bit scared of the mutant Turkey things in Dark Crystal (The Skeksis)

labyrinth :love: i have it on video and dvd lol. Havent seen dark crystal though!

There is a sequel in development to The Dark Crystal due to come out in 2009 called The Power of the Dark Crystal. You just know they're going to ruin a classic film with an unwanted sequel.

Oh and you aren't alone, the Skeksis scared me as well :P

There is a sequel in development to The Dark Crystal due to come out in 2009 called The Power of the Dark Crystal. You just know they're going to ruin a classic film with an unwanted sequel.

Oh and you aren't alone, the Skeksis scared me as well :P

As long as they use traditional Muppets and none of this new fangled CGI nonsense, I'm fine with a DC sequel, if they mess it up, I will have Jim Henson's blood! Oh er, yeh, he's already dead...

*gets coat*