Blue-Ray DVD Films

Ok, so I now got the ultra nice HDTv. But need to know if it's worth investing in a Blue Ray player & to start forking out for Blue Ray dvds.

Who better to ask than you guys?

Opinions please.

Mucho thank you in advancio.

Yes...if you have the TV (and preferably the surround kit) then it is well worth the step-up to BluRay! I am slowly building my collection of films up and now find watching normal DVDs is a bit of a letdown and noticed the blurring around the edges. It is similar to when I made the jump from VHS to DVD....you only notice the difference once you try to step back down again.

With Heroes season 1 and 2 out in Bluray (box set) next month, and the Matrix trilogy, I can't wait to feast my eyes on them

Plus, as well as the picture, due to the higher storage space on the discs it means that they can re-map the sound for a full HD audio experience too. One disc which was great to compare the difference was Spider-Man 3 (garbage film, but demonstrated BluRay wonderfully). When I set the sound to the standard DTS 5:1 output it was mostly coming from the front of the room, with the occasional swish and swoop behind etc. Switching to the full HD surround settings and the orchestra suddenly engulfed the room, and it really did feel like you were in the middle of it all. Astonishing. As for Sweeney Todd.......WOW!!!