Coming soon - Classic Digital Screenings

Hi all,

I know many of you will be interested in this.

We will be starting up regular 'classic' days of digitally restored/remastered films soon at Cineworld. Looking likely to be run on Monday, at least once per month. We will know more details soon, and I wil endeavour to let you all know as soon as I can. All we know so far is that we have The Abba Movie in a couple of weeks, and Grease is booked in for September. I'm harrasssing our booking department to get info on the other planned films, and really hope for some true classics.

It could be a good excuse for making occasional Film Meets for the Tuesdays, catching an old great instead of a new release (I'm making sure I'm available for Grease when that comes on....I love that film)

Alien would be a good one to see on the big screen.

Alien would be a good one to see on the big screen.

I wholeheartedly agree. Managed to catch a classic screening of it a few years back (and the directors cut screening). Loved it.

Fantastic. Grease was one of the first more adult movies i'd seen at the cinema and the girl who sat next to me talked all the way through it so i'd like to see it again... despite the fact i've watched it on video/tv a million times!

Will these be an eclectic bag or picked for popularity/visual effects? I fancy some Hitchcock on the big screen.

fingers crossed for Jaws. that would be sweeter than the ice cream i'm eating right now.

Fantastic. Grease was one of the first more adult movies i'd seen at the cinema and the girl who sat next to me talked all the way through it so i'd like to see it again... despite the fact i've watched it on video/tv a million times!

Will these be an eclectic bag or picked for popularity/visual effects? I fancy some Hitchcock on the big screen.

Apparantly we are expecting what was descirbed by our film booker as "real classics" (ie not recent blockbusters, but older films digitally restored. If you think back to last years Summer of Films season we ran, then that should convey the idea well)

Looking forward to watching one of these when they're on! You'll have to let us know when they're showing nearer the time :)

Nice evening out, something to eat, drink, then an old classic film at the cinema! Sounds like a nice evening out!

Looking forward to watching one of these when they're on! You'll have to let us know when they're showing nearer the time :)

Nice evening out, something to eat, drink, then an old classic film at the cinema! Sounds like a nice evening out!

As soon as we get any info on the releases I will let y'all know.

That does sound like a nice evening out!

Is that an invitation?:)

That does sound like a nice evening out!

Is that an invitation?:)

It can be :) We'll have to see what's on when and make a nice evening out of it!

:) I can't wait!

I think it's a really great idea! Old films that everyone loves. Ease me into the world of film slo-o-o-wly:hihi:

Will this be the same as the frijji festival that's taken place in the london cineworld? That's been free tickets hasn't it?