Camping / caravanning meals?

Does anyone have some good, filling, healthy recipes that can be cooked quickly and easily when camping or in a caravan? Bear in mind that there isn't much room for refridgerating products, and a very limited space for preparing. The use of more than two pans at the same time is impossible!

ive yet to get one but most camping forums endorse the virtues of the Dutch oven they say there isn't much you cant cook with one including fresh baked bread :love:

do you or anyone have one ?

I don't even know what one is!

Take your slow cooker and cook whatever you usually cook in there.

I know but it means putting it in the awning and leaving it when we go out as there is nowhere practical or safe to leave it on in the van. Plus there is the matter of keeping my kids and everyone elses kids away from it! That's why I wanted something that was quick to prepare and cook in a small space. :)

I know but it means putting it in the awning and leaving it when we go out as there is nowhere practical or safe to leave it on in the van. Plus there is the matter of keeping my kids and everyone elses kids away from it! That's why I wanted something that was quick to prepare and cook in a small space. :)

ah right. what about tortilla wraps and nice rolls and crackers? Chop up cucumbers, peppers and stuff. You could even do it before you go and put them in tubs. Your favorite cheeses and ham etc then just lay them out and let everyone make their own concoctions. If they are all kept in tub you can just pop them on the table for the few days you are away.

You could also take frozen stuff you have prepared. With the tent I cook something for the first night then have something frozen for the next night. It usually thaws just in time to cook the next evening.

boil potatoes in their skins in one pan and chilli and beans in another.

bread pizzas- toppings of your choice and stick under the grill.

now im stumped and cant think of anything else :mad::hihi:

Thanks waxy, never thought of tortillas! I normally make a spag bol or chilli but this weekend I got the 'oh mom can't you make something else next time' :hihi:. I aim to please :rolleyes:

Just noticed your post. I recently went on a skiing holiday and used Ambient meals. I used to be in the Army so used to be able to get my hands on comp rations but can't really get hold of any anymore, you can get them from quite a few places Uncles Bens and Bistro Express Ambient meals are pretty nice, the bonus here is you don't have to refridgerate them at all!!!!

great tip, allows you to stay out all day and come back to a good casserole or curry