Home made pasta

do you love it as i do assuming you tried it. the dried stuff as nothing on it. i usually make plain pasta but on once made pasta Verdi but with basil instead of spinach very nice.

have you made your own pasta what do you reckon ?

do you have any nice home made pasta recipes ?

:love:

i always have that recota pasta with chese&ham in it very nice.:P

It's just a different texture and i think dried pasta is just as good as long as it's a high quality one. Some sauces suit fresh pasta better than dried and vice versa.

I have never even attempted to make fresh pasta. Don't think i've ever eaten it either. Is it worth the effort?

we make our own sauces anyway when you make your own then go back to the jar its unbelievable the difference .

we only use shop bought sauces when out in the camper and run low on food we use dried pasta mainly and home-made when we can be bothered, but would have it all the time if it was possible its not hard its more time consuming than anything but defiantly worth effort

I got a machine 11 years ago and its not been out of the box yet :o I've heard that it is pretty easy to do, but haven't tried it yet.

Always fancied giving it a bash but never tried. Can anyone recommend a decent machine that I know will work well?

As long as you are just making lasagne, spaghetti or tagliatelle they all seem to work ok, I have a pretty expensive one and then ravioli attachment is still rubbish.

For raviolli, I have some mini pasty moulds from the cook shop at crystal Peaks, it works well but not the quickest.

If you make fresh pasta in quantity you can freeze it and it is still better than the dried / fresh stuff from the supermarkets.

Adding some chopped fresh herbs to the pasta dough works well to serve with simple sauces and looks effective too.

You can add tomato puree, finely chopped sundried tomatoes, pesto - allsorts give it ago and see what you like.

If you are planning on trying it out before you buy a pasta machine you could roll the dough out using a rolling pin to make lasagne sheets and to see if you like it before you invest.

do you love it as i do assuming you tried it. the dried stuff as nothing on it. i usually make plain pasta but on once made pasta Verdi but with basil instead of spinach very nice.

have you made your own pasta what do you reckon ?

do you have any nice home made pasta recipes ?

:love:

I did years ago, what a difference,only thing is it took ages to cut and dry, now they have the machine, but for me it wouldn't be worth it just for two people now.

Not made it in ages ! But I did used to sometimes make sheets and sandwich basil leaves between them. Sundried tomatoes work quite well.

I made some with my kids a couple of years ago, we ate some as soon as made with olive oil black pepper and parmesan, it was delicious. The rest, I hung on coat hangers to dry, we went out, when we got back the taglietelle had stretched and snapped and there was a pile of it on the kitchen floor.

how do u make fresh pasta if anybody can help thanks xxx