How To Make A Good Omelette.

How is a good omelette made ? Do you put water or milk in when mixing it ?

I put neither in

I put neither in

Me neither.

And me too no water or milk - too much milk and you end up with water coming out and turning to scrammbled egg instead of omellette

And me too no water or milk - too much milk and you end up with water coming out and turning to scrammbled egg instead of omellette

That's where my wife always gets confused. Whether the liquid goes in scrambled or omelette.

That's where my wife always gets confused. Whether the liquid goes in scrambled or omelette.

It goes in neither! Milk in scrambled eggs is a crime!

I make omelettes by combining the eggs in a mug, melt a knob of butter in an omelette pan, pour in the eggs and keep pulling them away from the edges of the pan as they cook so that the uncooked egg flows into the spaces. Makes for a nice puffy result. I fold it over while it's still quite soft and add any cheese or whatever I'm putting in it at that stage.

I always add a little bit of milk ... I think its just because thats how my mum taught me

Definitely water in omelettes, milk (or cream/creme fraiche) in scrambled - apart from that, I do it the way lectrolove describes and it never fails!

I tried many ways to make the ultimate one but in the end I found adding eggs helped a lot.

I always add milk, so what is the perfect omelette

Where's Disco when you need him?:suspect:

I add a bit of milk to mine, scrape the outer edges into the centre as it starts to cook & let the uncooked egg to the edge of the frying pan, then I stick them under the grill for 5 minutes. Result, a perfect fluffy omelette.:thumbsup:

Where's Disco when you need him?:suspect:

I add a bit of milk to mine, scrape the outer edges into the centre as it starts to cook & let the uncooked egg to the edge of the frying pan, then I stick them under the grill for 5 minutes. Result, a perfect fluffy omelette.:thumbsup:

Get yoiur husband to do it for you and if he refuses whach him with the rolling pin.