Free-range eggs from small farms

Hi,

Do you know where to get free-range eggs from local farms, preferably around Hillsborough? They don't have to be certified as such, but they must come from hens that are free to go outdoors. What I mean is, I would love to buy from some family who keep chickens at the bottom of their garden, or from a small farm or similar.

And how much can I expect to pay, do they tend to be more/less expensive than supermarket free-range eggs?

There's a sign advertising FR eggs on Studfield Road, off Wisewood road in Hillsborough, can't remember price, but cheaper than supermarket.

I Will Have Look As Well

I Have Been Looking For Some

howdi! i always buy eggs from little farms and someone who i work with brings us eggs in everyweek from his chickens in his garden and they are absolutley beautifull you can't beat them (well actually you can:hihi:). The point when i get to is the other week we went away for the weekend and when we got back from the local tesco i was looking at the receipt and saw some eggs that had cost £2.16 for 6:rant: i nearly died my partner had grabbed then because i only eat free range but not looked at the price but.............................................................. OH MY GOD they have to be the tastiest eggs i have eaten in years they were called big and fresh large free range. It was like been in heaven they are gorgeous they tasted like an egg and even rivaled the ones i get from the farms and friend at work, so people if you ever fancy a really tasty egg and dont mind paying a fortune these are a must. I have to admit i have not bought any since but thats because i don't have to with the free ones but when i do go shopping i might be very tempted:love:

hi does anyone know where i can get free range eggs in the south of the city x

I always buy my eggs from Whirlow Hall farm. They've usually been layed a day or two before and the kids can even go and pick them from the hay. The other place I buy from is Graves Park - 15p an egg.

Both places the eggs are pretty good, especially Whirlows.

hi does anyone know where i can get free range eggs in the south of the city x

Starbucks Farm, Beighton gorgeous eggs!

a few people in storrs keep chickens as pets and sell off surplus eggs. they are fantastic and much cheaper than supermarkets. i know they are free range because you can see the hens all over the place. also much fresher than in any shops. make great cakes and yorkshire puddings.

This may sound a little crazy. . . .but The Malin Bridge Inn S6 sell fresh FR eggs behind the bar. . . .honestly.:) They sell out quick though.

x

Coppice House Farm shop in the Rivelin Valley :)

I am looking at setting up a sort of smallholders co-op in Loxley. I have 5 acres of land and hope to be able to supply free range eggs, veg, free range chicken and pork. Veg will probably be pick your own. This will strictly be a non profit enterprise, I hope it will be used as a learning resource for local schools but also provide the people in the co-op some fantastic produce with the ability to sell the surplus and use the proceeds to help continue the venture.

Keep us posted on that venture Sanman... sounds great!