Have you gone back to cheap chicken?

I was just re-reading the thread from the beginning of this year, which was started up as a result of the Jamie Oliver / Hugh FW programmes. At the time, i had a nightmare trying to buy organic chicken as sainsburys were constantly sold out and were having to source new suppliers. It's pretty much back to normal now but i wonder if that is due to new suppliers or if the demand has dropped as time has gone by.

If you were one of the ones who decided to stop buying cheap chicken and go free range / rspca freedom / organic, have you stuck to your decision or have you gone back to cheap chicken as the media frenzy has died down and the credit crunch has come in?

nowt wrong with cheap chicken :love::D

Nope, infact.. I went out rescued two hens and only buy free range when I rarely eat chicken. On sunday I will be rescuing another two ex battery hens to live in my garden.

Theres nothing tastier than Happy eggs :D

Nope, infact.. I went out rescued two hens and only buy free range when I rarely eat chicken. On sunday I will be rescuing another two ex battery hens to live in my garden.

Theres nothing tastier than Happy eggs :D

Do you sell your chickens eggs HP?

Not at the moment, we do not really get enough. One of my hens was so traumatised by her former life and was in such a sorry state when we got her that she rarley lays. when the other two arrive we may get a surplus of eggs, but they will probably get scrounged by the family. The eggs taste so good everyone wants to take a couple.

Yep, my boyfs parents are due 6 this weekend! My mum is thinking about it too so i'm hoping she will take some on. Lots of eggs for me!

Yep, my boyfs parents are due 6 this weekend! My mum is thinking about it too so i'm hoping she will take some on. Lots of eggs for me!

Good for them, hens are lovley little creatures with big personalitys. :love: are they getting them from the rescue this weekend?

The eggs taste so good everyone wants to take a couple.

Well hurry up and get loads more chickens then and flog the eggs on here! :thumbsup:

I love fresh eggs!

Well hurry up and get loads more chickens then and flog the eggs on here! :thumbsup:

I love fresh eggs!

Why not rescue a couple of hens and have your own supply on tap.. :D

Why not rescue a couple of hens and have your own supply on tap.. :D

Hahaha! Because I'm one of those people who would hate them to be outside in the winter and bring them in for a warm.. Maybe even let them sleep in the front room at night! :hihi:

(like I did 3 years ago when I was looking after the next doors rabbit.. We had no bloody wardrobe left in the morning!)

Hahaha! Because I'm one of those people who would hate them to be outside in the winter and bring them in for a warm.. Maybe even let them sleep in the front room at night! :hihi:

(like I did 3 years ago when I was looking after the next doors rabbit.. We had no bloody wardrobe left in the morning!)

:D:hihi: And I can tell you it's sooo tempting. Mine hang around outside the back door crying for me if I am in the house. Today we all dug up the potatoes together :thumbsup:

when my son gets round to helping me with the garden we might go back to raising chickens and love pickling the surplus :love:

we had chickens years ago but a neighbour one street up used to let his rome the streets every day they came down to ours for food and sadly they was diseased and past it on to mine :mad: