Which hob do I get

I'm just having a new kitchen,

at the moment I have a gas hob and an electric oven,

the electric oven I want again but not sure about the gas hob,

its a nightmare to keep clean, I've been hearing about induction hobs does anybody have any recommendations please

gas hob, every time gas don't think about anything else

Can I ask why, does yours clean easy I do use mine an awful lot and it seems to get burnt easily

Gas is more controllable & safer. The cleaning thing is something you'll have to do regardless of what you buy. But yes mine cleans easily

I second the gas hob. My ideal is electiric fan assisted oven and a gas hob. Wins in terms of control of heat everytime. Plus much better for using with a wok and the like. Plus you are not relying on one fuel - if you have a power cut you can still eat something warm!

I hate hate hate hate my electric hob. It's the first time I have had an electric hob and I just find it so hard to cook with. A good compromise is a gas hob on glass like these. My mates got one, and says it's a lot easier to clean.

I hate hate hate hate my electric hob. It's the first time I have had an electric hob and I just find it so hard to cook with. A good compromise is a gas hob on glass like these. My mates got one, and says it's a lot easier to clean.

Thanks didn't know they did these

A lot of the newer gas hobs are pretty well designed to make them easier to clean. I just wipe mine over each evening when I do the sides so it never seems to get dirty. I do a 'deep clean' on it every month or so to make the burners are really shiny. Mine has a middle 'wok' burner which is great for doing stirfrys on too. I can't stand to cook with an electric hob, but that could just be what I am used too!

We had a super gas oven when we moved into our house, but it broke and was just out of warrenty. It cost something like £80 for a Stoves engineer to come out and that was just to look at it! So we decided to go for a new one instead. We got a smeg electric oven and I've been really pleased with it. The only problem is that I like to have everything really shiny and fingerprints show up really clearly on the mirrored outside. Oh and I miss my gas grill :( electric ones are pretty pants!

Thankyou for this, I'm going back to the kitchen place tomorrow for another look, but think i've decided to have the gas hob again and the electric oven which is what I've got now.

Yes I would stay away from the electric hob. I have one and I hate it!