I need a new food processor

Please can someone recommend me a good food processor? I've had two of them in my life, the first one was a Kenwood and it was great, did everything I needed it to do and finally gave up the ghost when the motor packed up after about 15 years. Then we bought the one that's sitting on the kitchen worktop now, glowering. It's also a Kenwood and gives every impression of being the equivalent model to my old one, but it doesn't do it's job properly at all. I don't know if the blades aren't sharp enough or the motor is weak but it doesn't chop things properly, it just distributes them around the edges of the jar where the blades don't reach. I've heard Moulinex are good, has anyone got any other recommendations?

The magimix have a good reputation. They're a little pricey, around £100 for a basic model, but they feel good quality. I have one and never had any problems with it.

Look at the most recent recommendations in Which magazine, they generally tell it like it is. They have all the back issues at Surrey Street library.

Magimix!!

I used to sell food processors in John Lewis, and it became evident that anybody who had a Magimix used it to death, but anybody who had a kenwood seemed to use it only on high days and holidays - which I began to query...

it seemed that the simplicity and compactness of the Magimix meant it and it's accessories sat on the worktop within easy reach, whereas the kenwood came with so many damned bits that they lived in the back of the cupboard gathering dust!

the kenwood is a belt driven machine which has a tendency to bounce around the worktop whilst in use, but the Magimix is direct drive which eliminates the need for a separate liquidiser and sits still on the worktop :thumbsup: