Who's geeky enough to watch the DVD extra's?

Got to admit I do it. Directors commentaries, filmographies, documentaries, cast profiles, trivia tracks the lot.

Any else willing to own up to it?

Indeed I do. I refuse to buy a DVD if it doesn't at least have a few deleted scenes on it, and love any which are crammed full of goodies.

The Ultimate Matrix box set was a long trawl to get through it all, but I loved every snippet of info about the making of the films.

I love a good commentary, and some I will listen to again and again (best examples are Fight Club, Spinal Tap, and Ghostbusters), but some are dreadful and get one listen (Superman 3 for example).

Everything, including the easter eggs, gets checked out by me.

me, I love deleted scenes!!

I remember watching 'crossroads' (the britney spears thing :roll:) with my neice and she discovered the karaoke bit on it....I was forced to drink wine to cope (and then join in :hihi:)

AND I did the same when my best friend discovered the 'learn how to dirty dance' feature on dirty dancing :blush:

The commentaries on on of the POTC films is good too

Another good extra I enjoyed was the 'pikey subtitles' on Snatch DVD, which pops up subs only when Brad Pitt's character is talking :)

Another good extra I enjoyed was the 'pikey subtitles' on Snatch DVD, which pops up subs only when Brad Pitt's character is talking :)

i dont need the subtitles for that part i understand him already:D

Yeah, I only buy Special Edition 2 discs DVDs for all the extras! i think bloopers/outtakes should be on all dvds! lol

i love the extras on dvds

the best dvd i have is the region 1 version of terminator 2 if you unlock a code you can watch a extended directors cut of t2:)

I am :D...........

I love the Audio Commentaries on Dvd's.

They're especially funny on the 'American Dad' Boxsets although Seth Macfarlane isn't on a lot of them (but then again Chris and Matt Mckenna are on a lot of them so it kinda makes up for it).

I used to be obsessed with the extras but I don't care so much anymore, the novelty kinda wore off. Some commentries can be really boring, like if it's one person talking on their own or too many people talking over each other. One annoying thing is when they start watching the film and forget to speak! And on deleted scene commentries there's only so many times you can hear "this was cut for pacing reasons".

My favourite commentries are still the ones on Spaced, I can actually listen to those again and again.

I'd like to see some making ofs that arn't just the crew and cast sucking up to each other. Surely not everyone is wonderful and unique to work with. Let's have some bitching! Even if it's tongue in cheek.

I don't always go through the extras. I only do it with films/TV series that I love. The commentaries on Spaced and Red Dwarf are great as they're just a bunch of people having a laugh. The Making-Ofs on Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, The Abyss and particularly The Thing are also great.

Do I take the cake for geekiness?

The special features are different in different zones,

So I check out the SF for zone 1, zone 2 and zone 4 to find out which one has the best feature, then I buy that one. (some movies I have 2 of) eek!!