Anyone got a recipe for bread i n a bread maker

anyone out there got a good recipe for a bread maker. had one but it got lost. thanks

This is for a granary style loaf, you can adjust bits as you like [i'll mark those with a hatch] if you leave out all the bits and bobs [apart from the wheatgerm] you still end up with an acceptable loaf, it goes particularly well with soups.

1/2 lb strong white flour

1/2 lb brown flour

4 tbsp corn meal [ i usually use fine cornmeal]

1 tbsp wheatgerm

1 tbsp crushed wheat #

1 tbsp whole wheat #

1 tbsp mixed seeds [linseed/seseme/pumpkin/poppy etc] #

1 tbsp chopped mixed nuts #

1 tbsp malt syrup made up with warm water to 8 floz

1 tsp quick acting yeast

1 1/2 tsp sugar

1 tsp salt

1/2 oz butter cut into small cubes

If you have the facility to add things as a topping then pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds or coarse or medium cornmeal go well.

I don't know what machine you use so I can't really advise on what setting to use but on mine i go for medium crust on a quick programme.

Good luck and happy eating

Always experimenting with different ingredients, i have been using honey instead of sugar, more recently using golden syrup. Today, I am trying a loaf with malted milk powder: the Sainburys version of Horlicks. Otherwise, I use CoffeeMate instead of Marvel, or other dried milk powder.

---------- Post added 24-07-2013 at 22:10 ----------

And I have to say, it has turned out rather well. Loaf now sliced, individual slices bagged, and in the freezer.

smithy

love trying new tastes in my breadmaker will try the golden syrup one. favourite one is white with sultanas and cinnemon.great toasted

I will try that, about a couple of handfuls of sultanas?

smithy

yes thats what i use.but i put them in at the start or they all end up on the outside

Ive now sold my breadmaker I hand bake my bread from Paul Hollywoods book how to bake and the bread is top notch it beats the bread maker hands down I use fresh yeast only 50p from morrisons.

A bit time consuming though, eh? Kneading, proving, needing, being there when it is baked....

A bit time consuming though, eh? Kneading, proving, needing, being there when it is baked....

If a jobs worth doing it worth doing right the results are far superior.

Edited by allwednesday

I agree, really nice bread, first slice toasted this morning.

Have you tried a spoonful of curry powder and a handful or two of raisins? Equally good!

---------- Post added 23-08-2013 at 07:52 ----------

Just made a loaf with an Oxo cube crumbled in, subtle flavour, will use two cubes next time.