Sign in to follow this  

How can I get a job in hospital

I am a anesthetist having 8 years working experience.

I want to find a job here, but I wonder how can I get some job information about the hospitals in sheffield.

Is there anyone can give me some advices?

Cheers!

Hi

Id try getting in touch with South Yorkshire Workforce Development Confederation (about to become South Yorkshire Strategic Health Authority). Their website is http://www.sywdc.nhs.uk

Good luck

Hi

Have you tried the Sheffield Teaching Hospital's website - http://www.sth.nhs.uk?

Good luck with the job hunt! :smile:

Originally posted by restingcloud

I am a anesthetist having 8 years working experience.

I want to find a job here, but I wonder how can I get some job information about the hospitals in sheffield.

Is there anyone can give me some advices?

Cheers!

I would practice spelling your career title before applying for any jobs :D

I don't think he's from round here.

Other posts tell us that he is 26 and he implies that he has 8 years working experience as an anaesthetist.

They don't qualify at the age of 18 where I come from!:)

(7 years postgraduate training!)

restingcloud,

If my assumptions are correct, this page explaining about The Royal College of Anaesthetists and overseas applicants would be very helpful to you.

I'm so sorry about the confusion.

I'm a Ph.D. student here and I am trying to find some job information for my wife. she is 29 years old, having 8 years working experience as an anesthetist in China.

I will try all these websites you provide, and I really appreciate you all for these kind help!

Cheers

Originally posted by cgksheff

I don't think he's from round here.

Other posts tell us that he is 26 and he implies that he has 8 years working experience as an anaesthetist.

They don't qualify at the age of 18 where I come from!:)

(7 years postgraduate training!)

restingcloud,

If my assumptions are correct, this page explaining about The Royal College of Anaesthetists and overseas applicants would be very helpful to you.

If your still looking for a job at a hospital, you could try ringing the Human Resources department at the local hospitals, theyll be able to tell what jobs they have available

You might be better if you tried the Medical Staffing Department in the teaching hospitals - have you thought about Chesterfield? From what I remember from working in the NHS, medical employment and non - medical employment departments are quite separate. Good luck. Maybe the British Medical Journal would be a good place to look aswell.

i think there might be some special quailification for anesthetist,which means if you are from another country, probably you can't work directly here.

anyway good luck!

If her medical degree was obtained in China, she will first need to pass an English Language exam, then take the PLAB ( The Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) Test: click here ) to enable her to practice at SHO level in the UK.

First point of call should be the GMC to obtain registration to practice here.

Would your wife not be better off looking in her own professional publications?