Trailers that make you HAVE to see the film

Which trailers that you have seen make you go wow! I have to see that film?

Recent ones for me have been the new Batman film, 28 Weeks Later and Sunshine.

Iron Man - although to be honest just knowing that it had a good director and lead actor in it made me know that I had to see it - but WOW the trailer really rocked!

Wanted - great treailer, and the film delivered too.

Hellboy II

The Mummy 3 - now this is a bizarre one as I don't really like the Mummy films, but the trailer for the new one made me excited. Perhaps it is the change of director gives it a new feel, perhaps it is the Chinese mythology slant, or perhaps it is because Indy 4 was so bad that I desperately need something to fill the action-adventure gap.

Just watched the trailer for The Spirit (by Frank Miller)......Yup, that's a must-see!

I never fancied Iron Man, but yeah the trailer did look pretty good! Definately agree on Wanted too, I thought the film was fantastic too!!

I love seeing trailers for new films at the cinema!

The last one i felt like that about was Be Kind Rewind, which so wasn't the sort of film the trailer promised.

The trailer for A.I. got me sooo giddy.... and i so wanted to like this film but it all goes a bit wrong in the final part... i haven't watched it since so perhaps i'd like it a second time. I know it was Kubrick and Spielberg but the first 2/3 are very Spielberg and the final part kubricky and it didn't gel for me.

Kung Fu Panda trailer worked for me :)

The trailer for A.I. got me sooo giddy.... and i so wanted to like this film but it all goes a bit wrong in the final part...

I love that film, but what do I know?:D I think it bored Andy to tears when I made him watch it:hihi:

I love that film, but what do I know?:D I think it bored Andy to tears when I made him watch it:hihi:

I wasn't bored!! We'll have to have another go at watching it sometime soon!!

I wasn't bored!! We'll have to have another go at watching it sometime soon!!

Oh. Were you distracted and not bored? I loose track of these things:hihi:

We'll have to have a film night tonight, with horrible food and wine to cure your hangover!

The new Batman, and definitely the Star Wars Clone Wars one... I didn't even know that was coming out till I saw the trailer.

And I've seen Kung Fu Panda twice already, and plan to buy the DVD.

Rec. was the most recent, although ALL the good bits were in the trailer - crafty but effective in getting bums on seats I guess.

Rec. was the most recent, although ALL the good bits were in the trailer - crafty but effective in getting bums on seats I guess.
Possibly counterproductive as why bother to see film if you've seen trailer and that's why I stopped watching spoilers years ago. I want to be surprised, amused and entertained by films. If you see a trailer it's basically a reader's digest version of the film with all the highpoints/surprises and with none of the build up that makes them work in the film. Watching a film after seeing a trailer is like watching a football match and someone has already told you the score or like the numpty who tells you the punchline and then the joke. A trailer for 'The Mousetrap' would probably tell you who did it.

A good trailer will make you want to see a film without giving everything away, though there are precious few of them. A trailer for 'The Shining' was a simple static shot of a lobby. In the background the lift filled up with blood eventually bursting out and flooding the lobby. Very creepy and left you wanting more. I vaguely seem to recall Pixar doing stuff simply for the trailers that weren't in final film. Buffalo 66 trailer was different in that it was a series of stills but still gave away the one of the key points of film.

:rant:TV seems to have given into this annopying 'lets show what's going to happen' mindset too. Particularly irritating in the middle of programme you are already watching or at the end of a show you just spent an hour watching. Now if you just spent an hour watching a programme you have probably decided whether you like it or not, so a spoiler of next week's episode is somewhat pointless. I can't work out if it's the programmers who are really stupid or they assume we are. I like other people I know simply have the remote ready at end of a show to flip over before the spoiler. :rant:

I saw the trailor for HAPPY GO LUCKY and it made it out to be a whacky and wild rollercoaster ride kind of movie.....the movie was dire and dull, and about as exciting as watching paint dry. this just be a classic example of a trailor that is far better than the actual film, and really bears little relation to the film at all.....