England's chance in Rugby World Cup

The Rugby World Cup kicks off today and England are currently ranked #1 in the world. Their first match is on Sunday at 13.00 (our time) against Georgia in Perth.

How does anyone rate England's chances of actually walking away with the World Cup? It often seems the case that we mess up when it comes to competitions :(

Very good chance if Wilkinson can keep fit throughout. He is so vital to Englands chances/game. I have a South African friend who ensures me South Africa will win and England will not beat them. I disagree, hope I am right.

I agree it's all down to England being able to retain their fitness. If ever we're going to win the wc I think this year is probably the best chance. I can't see SA winning unless they give the opposition food poisoning like they did when they won it.

The only other team who can hold a candle to the England team are the All Blacks.

That was all a bit disjointed, soz, but stream of conczzzzzzzzzz

Considering the (alleged) disgusting recent behaviour of of footballers I think Rugby is going to get many new fans in the near future.

'Specially as we are going to lose to Turkey.

Watched the game on Sunday - was a nice "warm up" game :P

well if we perform like we did on sunday i think weve got a damn good chance

Fletch

Watched all games so far and we are doing well. I am well happy. think we might have a chance.

And yes there will be lots of new fans especially if they keep wearing the nice new shirts they have.;) Definatly well happy.

Good nail biter today. Bet South Africa will be edgy about next week's game. It'd be nice if Samoa go through.

After England's performance against Samoa today, i really fear for our chances.

I'm not worried about Wilkinson, everyone ha they'r eoff days, this was just unfortunate.

We almost ket them have the game, thank god they sorted themselves out in the end.

Anyone else think we might be a little overconfident?

Wilf

Looking at the draw it does seem the easiest path possible.

I'd be very surprised if they failed to make the final.

Looking at our local news tonight, and saw the England team arriving on the Gold Coast today. They played a game in Brisbane last night didn't they? And won again. I don't think the Aussies are going to be a real threat somehow.

Yippe. We are in the Final.

Wierd game today, Johnny Wilkinson is a star.

Australia next Saturday, good luck England.