Sign in to follow this  

Lights, Camera, Action - Has anyone been an extra in a film?

Has anyone ever has the chance to be an extra in a film?

I was one in a film called" Heartlands" about a darts player.

It was very hard work but very interesting.We filmed for about 11 hours but the part on film only lasts for about 3 minutes. I never watch a film now without thinking about how many retakes they had to do.

I have never seen the film since.And I wondered if any of you had seen or heard of it.

Kate Rusby the folk singer is in it.What a lovely lass she is.

Originally posted by "Tricia"

It was very hard work but very interesting.We filmed for about 11 hours but the part on film only lasts for about 3 minutes. I never watch a film now without thinking about how many retakes they had to do.

I have never seen the film since.And I wondered if any of you had seen or heard of it.

How much did you get paid?

I once played a policeman in a film at bramall lane, no acting experience, but with me being six foot two it was qualification enough, However, it was neccessary for me to stand there in one spot for eight hours and with having a spinal disease it put me in terrible pain.

They wanted me to go again, but once was enough, I had to stand the yobos shouting hey mister, are you a real policeman, all the time. So I said to them step out of line and you will find out. They decided not to take the chance so everything turned out ok. For this I was paid the magnificent sum of £10. After that experience I don't think I shall pursue a film career. :lol::lol::lol:

I was in a re make of The Wicked Lady, starring Faye Dunaway, Oliver Tobias, Alan Bates and Marina Sirties (Star Trek) (apologies for spelling not sure correct way) directed by Michael Winner. I was about thirteen at the time and went with the rest of my family and coach loads of other Sheffielders on to some Derbyshire Moors for 4 days for the shoot. I thought I was really big missing school for this oportunity, it turned out that quite a lot of kids from my school were there as well. We spent most of the first day eating all the fruit and veg supplied for the set, (a village scene), we were all to witness the hanging of a villain, I can still remember the words now as it was taken time and time again. I didn't get to see the film until I was deemed an adult as it's quite raunchy in places! I'm sure there must be a few more people on the forum who were there.

Originally posted by Tricia

I've heard of it, but only cos of my love of Kate Rusby's music!! :D

Wondered what it was about :D

I havent but my best mate Jools (R.I.P) was in willow......he was in a crowd scene i believe and you see his hand handing an apple over on a market stall, he got a couple of grand i think for 3 or 4 days work?

some friends up here in staithes got their house used in an episode of hetty wainthroppe investigates..........and some bits and bobs were filmed in staithes when i lived there for series 3 (again i think) of the fast show....i met Paul whitehouse and have a picture taken of me and him on my webpage :) the original (enlarged) has pride of place on my front room wall :)

oh yeah and my site theres also a piccy of me and curtis waqlker from blouse and skirt at glastonbury right near to my tent

My dad was in the princess bride, he had us all sat to watch the film and got dead excited shouting there I am there I am..

It was so funny cos all you saw was the back of his shoulder for a brief second :)

I was in a crowd scene in a series called the manager about a lady football manager. We were a very unlikely looking football crowd, mostly scouts and girl guides as I remember.