Sign in to follow this  

Sheffield Books

Has anyone seen any of the books about sheffield. The ones I am referring to are like paperback illustrated books all by the same person/company. I think they are brilliant. The ones I have seen so far are Sheffield Cinemas, Yorkshire Canals. There is also a couple more but I can't recall which ones they are but you should check them out if you can. They really great for looking back at how Sheffield used to look.

Must agree Lickszz, I've seen a few of those old Sheffield books and find them very interesting. Have you noticed how few cars are on the streets even back in the 70s compared to now. Pity there are not more pictures on the internet for us nostalgia freaks !

Top link mikey, I didn't know this site existed !

Cheers

Glad to be of service, it impressed me when i found it, some great pics of where I grew up that I remember.

Yeah that Michael, thank link is great. Dave Milner's site (citysnapper) was one of the first ones I added to my links page back in December :D

Worthy of site of the month and there was even talk of interviewing him once. Would love to know how he has so much time to take that many photos and upload, edit them etc.

Yeah wouldnt mind having the time to do something similar myself !

I have been sent some great books on Sheffield by a friend of mine who still lives there (I now live in Australia) The books I have been sent are by Peter Goodman (The Star photographer)The books are called Sheffield in the 60's & the next one was obviously Sheffield in the 70's. I love them & they are both informative & refresh memories for people who lived there in those eras.

Originally posted by Michael_W

I found more Sheffield photos on the net at citysnapper.org

Just been looking at the citysnapper photos, they are great thanx for for the info

Vera

If you're interested in Sheffield History or your Family History in Sheffield try our website below, it's full of useful and informative info and photos about Sheffield and you can join our mailing list and get your questions answered.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~engsheffield/

Best Wishes

Crookes_Lad