Pre/post natal parent/child Yoga classes

Hi there,

My husband and I are originally Sheffielders, but moved away to London a few years ago. We are set to return in Oct 06 and we are moving to Norton Lees. We are expecting our first baby in December, and I would really like to try and find a yoga class for pregnant women. My midwives down here are suggesting I wait until I register with a local Dr to find out from the midwives there, but I am worried all classes might be full! Have Googled, but only found classes around the S10 area, I was hoping for somewhere closer to S8 as hubby will have the car.

Any suggestions or recommendations for GP practices too? Heard good things about the Sloan practice on Derbyshire Lane. Also have heard generally good things about the Jessop too, so am looking forward to having my baby in sheffield and meeting lots of new people.

C:)

Hi - I live in Norton S8 and am registered with the The Avenue Medical Practice on Reney Avenue in Greenhill. This is a lovely Doctors with on site Midwife, Health Visitor and Nurses so all your needs would be well catered for!

This surgery has posters giving information for pregnant women for many exercise classes eg yoga, pilates, aqua-aerobics etc as well as support groups for breastfeeding.

My youngest is 4 now but back in 2002 local Mums would often meet up in Graves Park for pram pushing exercises!!

Give them a call for location and times Tel 0845 1222399

PS Welcome back to Sheffield

Just found this info on another thread too!!

A lady called Olivia runs yoga classes at various locations in Sheffield so you could contact her by email at [email protected] or call 0114 2250254 for details of possible classes in S8!

:)

Thanks so much! That's great. I shall look into those. We are really pleased to be moving back to Sheffield with all the parks and open spaces etc. I remember Graves Park being huge! Is definitely preferable to London when you are planning for your baby's needs.

Thanks again for info.

C

We are having an open day on the 17th of May at Yoga Shala on London Road.

We'll have a schedule of classes and also therapies throughout the day for you to try out.

The yoga classes will include;

Pregnancy

Post Natal (Mum and baby)

Childrens

and much more!

We have two studios so will have to book people in to try the classes. If you are interested, please contact [email protected] or call 0114 250 8905.

Namaste,

LL

All,

Here is the schedule for the open day!

12:30 - 13:15 - 3/4-11yrs - Kids Yoga

13:30 - 14:15 - 11-18 yrs - Teens Yoga

14:30 - 15:15 - Pregnancy Yoga

16:30 - 17:15 - Post Natal Yoga

If you want more info about the styles of yoga or to book your place on a session, please contact us at [email protected] or call 0114 250 8905.

Remember - all classes are free to try.

We look forward to meeting you!

LL

Hi, does anyone know pregnancy class near S4/S5 area ?

thanks

Im not quite familiar with where all the postcodes are in Sheffield but I know they do pregnancy yoga at the sure start centre near london road one morning per week.

Its really cheap you'll just need to visit the centre and sign up with them first.

I was gunna go myself but theres no point now im 40+2 but i am gunna go once baby is here.

They offer lots of other things there aswell like once baby is born theres baby massage classes and breast feeding cafes.

Theres also a drop in midwife that goes there every week that u can go and see if need be.

Hope this helps

lottie

I went to one in Walkley but that is S6. It is run by Hannah Penn see sheffieldyogaschool.co.uk and it was fab. There was an evening class and also a daytime one for when you have finished work. It was really good value and great for making you feel better. The breathing techniques I learned definately helped me to relax and feel more in control of my labour. I don't know if Surestart at Early Days children's centre might know of something in S5, you could call them to ask if you think Walkley is too far. Happy pregnancy!

Does anyone know if there are any toddler yoga classes being run at the moment? I'm happy to do a class jointly with my son or take him to one and wait!

TIA

I found these places do Yoga for kids (I was looking for pregnancy ones), http://www.yoganaturesheffield.org.uk/yogabeingsclassdetails.htm and http://www.sheffieldhathayoga.co.uk/YogaClasses.aspx. I think there might be one at Beighton Lifestyle Centre, but can't find any info and there is one in Dronfield, but is on a friday at 4pm, so not so easy to get to.