River Rother Fishing

Anybody on here fish the River Rother round Rother Valley area??? just wondered what it fishes like cos I used to fish it 7 year ago before moving down south but still visit my bruv up Sheffield and may give it a bash when I'm next up, after June 16th that is (open day for the river season) I used to catch Chub to about 2lb and small Barbel on the old stick float and waggler.

Cheers.

Never fished the rother valley stretches but do fish the Beighton end quite often still good for barbel and chub also had some nice perch from there.

The chub will go for breadflake and the barbel as usual love the halibut pellets.

Never fished the rother valley stretches but do fish the Beighton end quite often still good for barbel and chub also had some nice perch from there.

The chub will go for breadflake and the barbel as usual love the halibut pellets.

Hi beardno 1,

What size do the Chub and Barbel go to now??? good to know that its still fishing good to say it used to be the most polluted river in Europe.

Hi there my pb chub came from there at just over 5lb but they average about 2lb have had barbel upto 7lb and they average around 4-5lb most of my time on the rother over the last season has been spent after the perch as i do most of my barbel and chub fishing fishing on the trent now.

If you know where the weir is at beighton near the level crossing theres some good areas down there nice deep holes on bends and things like that.

Hi there my pb chub came from there at just over 5lb but they average about 2lb have had barbel upto 7lb and they average around 4-5lb most of my time on the rother over the last season has been spent after the perch as i do most of my barbel and chub fishing fishing on the trent now.

If you know where the weir is at beighton near the level crossing theres some good areas down there nice deep holes on bends and things like that.

Sounds like the fish have put on some good weight since I last fished it, I do know the weir and will give it a try when I'm next up.

Cheers.

I fish the rother in chesterfield around tapton look had some good chub from it

As the new season is almost upon us, I'm planning to have a bash at the Rother next week. Did anyone fish it last season, especially around Killamarsh/Halfway? If so, I'd be very interested to hear how you got on.

Lets hope we get no more rain between now and next Tuesday because after the amount we had yesterday it will propably take a week for the Rother and the other rivers in the area to get back to normal.If we don't get anymore rain before next Tuesday I think it'll

be lobworm or luncheon meat tactics on the opening day.

Yes, the level is a bit high!

Have you had much success on the Rother, websters gue? Would be interested to hear what, and where!!

Dont expect to catch as well as last year:rant:

When will this stop

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/Immigrants-39netting-fish-in-illegal.5294182.jp

and

http://www.thestar.co.uk/rotherham/Illegal-fishing-warning.5289014.jp

I have seen this with my own eyes on the canal at tinsley fishing with buckets to put fish in.

They weren't there long though as i asked for a licence and moved them on and they got in a 54 plate Audi:huh: why not buy fish from a supermarket they must have money to have a car like that.

Edited by jrowl

I know what you mean jrowl, it's a disgrace. Somehow, I doubt you'd get a very swift response from the police if you reported it, however.

You never know, one of them might slip and fall into the mighty Rother one day, and be lost in the murky depths!

Its not a bad fissh last time i went pal