Sign in to follow this  

Where Hiillsborough leads , Can Hunters Bar be far behind ?

SHOCK-HORROR in HUNTERS BAR FLOOD DISASTER :---

Reports are emerging of a tidal wave over 2 inches high sweeping all before it down the city's Ecclesall Road.A local resident said ,

"This is worse than that one at Hillsborough as Ecclesall Road is a lot nicer than Holme Lane will ever be ".

A Mrs. Knockshaft from Denham Road has been treated for shock.

" I don't know what the world is coming to. First we had that Mad Cow disease , then Aids swept the country and now this. We'll all be murdered in our beds if this goes on."

Water supplies were cut off for over half an hour and within minutes Tesco's was besieged by shoppers , buying bottles of water.

" It was murder in here ", said Ms. Ivy Dotes , a cashier . "two women were fighting over the last bottle and one was screaming she had 4 kids "

Traffic was held up for over 15 minutes and caused cries of outrage from stranded motorists. A Mr. Algy Nutcake fumed,

" We were stuck for over 12 minutes near the Botanical Gardens. We had to manage on biscuits and half a flask of coffee. The government are to blame and I , for one , will be seeking compensation "

The scene of devastation was filmed by several residents and many remarked that they'd seen nothing like it and they would show the videos to their grandchildren.No-one was seriously injured but a Mrs.Sconeplate banged her nose on a window as she was looking out and was treated for shock and distress at the Royal Hallamshire.

LMAO.

"One terrified resident had to climb a mobile phone mast to escape the deluge"

Do we know the cause yet? Where did the flood waters originate from? Is the traffic held up? I know it's only just after 10 in the morning, but should I ring my friend Enid (she works on Eccy Road at that nice shop that sells candles, cards and stuff) and tell her to close the shop and start for home? Is their a diversion in operation? It's a long way round via Sharrow and Psalter Lane to get to Whirlow. Not sure the buses run that way. This is a disaster, especially for the traders on Eccy Road and Hunters Bar. Anyone managed to get any good piccys yet?

I'm still amused by the fact that Hilsborough Corner was actually dirtier AFTER the flood had washed through it than before!

Originally posted by nick2

LMAO.

"One terrified resident had to climb a mobile phone mast to escape the deluge"

Is that the one they were erecting outside the Berkeley Shopping Centre? If so, the flood waters have almost reached Enid's shop. I'm getting increasingly worried. I've tried ringing her, but the lines engaged. Anyone in the area know the latest news? Is Brocco Bank passable with care? Please, news anyone!

The emergencys services are handing out bagels and mineral water at a makeshift refugee camp in the Aga shop.

One traumatised local said she had to stand on her nanny to keep her Gucci loafers dry.

You may joke, but its a reasonably common event for Ecclesall Road to flood (usually at least annually) to the extent that basements are flooded, shops are flooded, the road and pavements disappear so you can't see which is which, manhole covers pop off and everything not screwed down gets washed down the road.

This is exactly why Endcliffe Park is dug up at the moment.

The emergencys services are handing out bagels and mineral water at a makeshift refugee camp in the Aga shop.

One traumatised local said she had to stand on her nanny to keep her Gucci loafers dry.

I like blueberry bagels. Have you tried them nick2? Delicious. If I can get through the floodwaters, might we worth trying to reach the Aga shop for a free blueberry bagel.

STOP PRESS. Enid's just rung me. She's safe everyone. She's safe. Some nice fireman waded into her shop with a boat in tow and rescued her. The flood waters are reported to have reached as far down as The Pomona.

Latest news.

Local estate agents are trying to find a way of making sandbags a selling feature.

Latest news.

Local estate agents are trying to find a way of making sandbags a selling feature.

:)

"Located in one of the city's most sought-after residential locations, conveniently placed for boat travel to reputable schools."

I loved the estate agent's advert recently which, completely deadpan, informed us for a change that a particular terraced house was actually "structurally unsound" (or something similar) and that it had "a caved-in ceiling" on the first floor "which has allowed birds to nest in the upper floor". They missed a trick there - some agents would have said it sported "the charming feature of a built-in aviary" !

if you need sand bags let us know

Originally posted by DannyBoy

:)

"Located in one of the city's most sought-after residential locations, conveniently placed for boat travel to reputable schools."

I loved the estate agent's advert recently which, completely deadpan, informed us for a change that a particular terraced house was actually "structurally unsound" (or something similar) and that it had "a caved-in ceiling" on the first floor "which has allowed birds to nest in the upper floor". They missed a trick there - some agents would have said it sported "the charming feature of a built-in aviary" !

It probably still went to bids! The housing market in Sheffield is silly at the moment!

K x