View Full Version : Debenhams Half Price Sale

bigthanks
21-03-2008, 20:31
Hi All,
When does the half price sale end, checked there website, but no joy :confused:
And... has anyone grabbed any good bargains? Also does it include the cosmetic counters.
Thanks in advance :)

Mathom
21-03-2008, 21:46
There were lots of designer baby clothes but little else.

And Debenhams on the Moor has suddenly become really, really scruffy. Anyone else noticed this? TJ Hughes is tidier!

bigthanks
21-03-2008, 21:56

And Debenhams on the Moor has suddenly become really, really scruffy. Anyone else noticed this? TJ Hughes is tidier!

I think it has been like that for a few years now.
Sod's law that were looking for a prom dress!:hihi:

*binty*
21-03-2008, 21:58
We've been in today but i didn't see hardly anything i liked, not sure when it ends though, sorry!

lexia
21-03-2008, 22:01

Yes, but i think they are in the process of a major revamp new escalators are being fitted and new lifts very soon. One of the assistants told me it's to do with the up grade of the Moor

Loops
22-03-2008, 07:14
I thought the sale was 18-20th March ..that is what was on the paperwork I received from them anyway

Jason Bourne
22-03-2008, 16:54
I think it has been like that for a few years now.

Agreed!

And Debenhams try to convice us they're an upmarket establishment :hihi:

nick2
22-03-2008, 18:03

House of Fraser in Meadowhall is like a jumble sale lately too, it must be what Sheffield folk like.

bigthanks
22-03-2008, 18:11
Been today, tripe is the word that springs to my mind :hihi:

Jason Bourne
22-03-2008, 19:23
Check out TK Maxx - now that is a jumble sale!

Rich
22-03-2008, 19:58
TX Maxx has been crap for years though, even the big one in Kingston-On-Thames is rubbish (My sister-in-law still shops there though, don't tell her I said so)

bigthanks
22-03-2008, 20:05
My sister is obsessed with TK MAXX, I just can't understand why? I can't shop there, maybe you can get some good bargains but fighting through all the rubbish puts me off! I like it to be nice and organised :D

Jason Bourne
22-03-2008, 20:41
My sister is obsessed with TK MAXX, I just can't understand why? I can't shop there, maybe you can get some good bargains but fighting through all the rubbish puts me off! I like it to be nice and organised :D

Some words of wisdom when attempting to understand the female shopping gene:

"A man will spend 20 on a 10 item he needs.
A woman will spend 10 on a 20 item she doesn't need"

And it should all become clear :)

Mathom
23-03-2008, 09:25
House of Fraser in Meadowhall is like a jumble sale lately too, it must be what Sheffield folk like.

I know, it's a bit weird when you go to Meadowhell and one of the nicest, tidiest shops in there is Primark! :o

bigthanks
23-03-2008, 09:39
Some words of wisdom when attempting to understand the female shopping gene:

"A man will spend 20 on a 10 item he needs.
A woman will spend 10 on a 20 item she doesn't need"

And it should all become clear :)

:hihi::hihi:

Dizzyblonde
23-03-2008, 13:20
I went to Debenhams Saturday, walked out after they would not accept a clearly in date 5 off voucher because the Sale was on. When does Debenhams not have a sale. Bought what I wanted from elsewhere.

Jason Bourne
23-03-2008, 13:31
I went to Debenhams Saturday, walked out after they would not accept a clearly in date 5 off voucher because the Sale was on. When does Debenhams not have a sale.

What was their excuse? "Voucher can not be used in conjunction with another offer" ?

And yes, one corner of the store is a permanent jumble sale :)

nick2
25-03-2008, 12:25
Check out TK Maxx - now that is a jumble sale!

Yes, but they don't try to make out they are a top class store.