Covering letters for job applications

Hi all!

i am recently looking for a new job and am sending my cv to a company and would like to put a covering letter with it!

Can anyone help how to do one?

any help will be gratley appriciated!

Miss Feathers

Hiya Miss feathers :)

Your covering letter should be specific to each company you contact. It's like that part of a job application form where you sell yourself to the company & expand on the relevant bits of your CV that will be useful to that company.

You need to specifically address the qualities, skills & experience the company has asked for in the job advert & then draw attention to & expand upon the details in your CV which demonstrate you have the qualities skills & experience they are looking for.

If there was no advert & you are sending your CV in on the off chance they have something then you still need to do your research about that company. Outline the sort of post that you are looking for - again drawing attention to the experience & skills you have which would benefit them.

You are a star Thank you Sian!!!!!

i will try and see how it goes