Wedding planners?

I'd love to do this for a living, But not sure what it entails, anyone used one?

I have always wanted to do this job as well !!!

I think patience, time, organisation and commitment would be the most important things to start with, aong with contacts in hire companies, florists, bridal wear makers...God I am exhausted thinking about it haha

If you are not sure what it entails then how could you possibly 'love' to do this?

Well, some people require more doing than others, and I'm not sure what kind of experience people would expect. No need for being nasty about it

If you are not sure what it entails then how could you possibly 'love' to do this?

I'd 'love' to train as a veterinary nurse but until I've done my work experience I won't know exactly what it entails.

I guess it's the idea people love.

Well, some people require more doing than others, and I'm not sure what kind of experience people would expect. No need for being nasty about it

I wasn't being nasty i was just asking a question. :roll:

I have been watching wedding tv again and it seems to me that everyone uses wedding planners these days.

Are they really expensive and what exactly do they do guys ?

i'd love one because basically i dont have a clue where to begin, let alone the legal stuff like giving notice ect! i cant afford one though cos my budget is basically cheap as chips! maybe i should find someone who loves planning weddings to do it for me, then i could give a reference if they want a future career as it lol!

I have often thought about doing it but wouldnt want to let anyone down and quite frankly wouldnt know where to start, I think you would need alot of contacts in the business etc.

Ill bet they are pricey but I still dont get what they do...

It's not that hard guys!

1)All the legal stuff, (reading of the banns/ giving notice, proving you are elligable for marriage/ are brittish/ Do know each other etc! ) you go through with the registra (town hall.)

2)If you choose to get married at the registry office, its all pretty straight forward, and perfectly lovely! (choose an available date) If you choose a religious ceremony then you obviously contact said religious person/ figurehead to see if you can be fitted in to your required day/ month/ year!

If you require a specific venue you obviously contact them to make sure that they have a licence and the required date is free.

3)Wedding dress, wedding dress, wedding dress! Oh! make sure he has something to wear also! and flowers, cars, brides maids(if any) hen party/ stag do...............

4)Organise a massive F**** off party! As formal or informal as you like/ can afford. Sometimes the best ones are when everyone just bring their own and has a massive party/ knees up. Maybe you want a more formal meal etc? Decide on your venue and ask them to plan and deliver the event to your requirements/ budget. (At a decent venue, they will act as the wedding planners for the evening do, saving you so much hassel and money)

Actually, you are right, it is a pain in the a***!

Good luck!

thats my worry at the mo, the blooming party! every venue i looked at want you to have a big formal meal ect, i dont want that! but if you dont have the 'wedding breakfast' they treat you like you're wierd then charge you double / triple for the room ect grr

thats my worry at the mo, the blooming party! every venue i looked at want you to have a big formal meal ect, i dont want that! but if you dont have the 'wedding breakfast' they treat you like you're wierd then charge you double / triple for the room ect grr

just seen another thread, inexpensive wedding venue hilsborough area. If your interested?