Which is the best area to live in Sheffield?

can any one recommend an area to live in near sheffield? (the word " leeds" does not count) please give your reasons

I would say that Sheffields best area is Fulwood. Dore also has some very nice large houses. Expect to pay high prices for both.

Just outside Sheffield we have Hathersage which is also a fine area.

Stannington is also a top area, plenty of friendly Pubs up here... except stay out of the Sportsman on Oldfield Road on a Tuesday and Sunday night unless you want to get dragged into arguments about rumoured fixing of the quiz cos the same team wins every week.

Defining the best area is impossible. The areas t020 describes might be the 'ideal' areas for some people but there many criteria to consider price being the prime one. If you have a small budget and no car then I'd suggest looking at areas of Sheffield serviced by supertram.

Try supplying a few more details such as budget and where you will be working and we will probably be more able to help.

Hey max, I used to live in Walkley.

We moved up Stannington 6 years ago in November cos of problems with the daft old bat who lived next door.

Walkley Bank Road we lived on, the lower part, just above Rivelin Valley Road.

Originally posted by Rich

Hey max, I used to live in Walkley.

We moved up Stannington 6 years ago in November cos of problems with the daft old bat who lived next door.

Walkley Bank Road we lived on, the lower part, just above Rivelin Valley Road.

I know it well. One of the reasons we moved here was because the selfish b******s who lived behind us in Crookes built decking overlooking our garden. So I know what it's like being chased out of your home.

I moved up to Sheffield from London in January and I'm finding Hillsborough a great place to live.

Lots of nice shops, 20 minutes on the tram into town, 15 minutes by bus outside of peak times, Hillsborough park close by and plenty of green areas and walks.

Not too expensive either.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Smells a bit down there tho! :P

I'm guessing you're referring to some sporting arena in the area rather than the area. Or rather, I'm hoping you are otherwise we may have a small falling out. :D

Now you come to mention it. The smell does seem to be eminating from a large sporting (for want of a better word :lol: ) building down that neck of the woods.

Stannington was a brilliant area. Sadly it isn't anymore. Up in the village it is ok but if you are unfortunate enough to have to live in the council bit as I do then be warned, the kids run the area.

In recent years the council have gone into overdrive housing scum here who have made the area extremely undesirable.