Can anyone recommend anyone for washing machine repair in Sheffield?

:help:

My Hoover washer dryer has started making lots of rumbly noises when on spin - it sounds like to space shuttle taking off!

Does anyone know where I can get a decent washer repair person as I know this can be a bit of a minefield.

I live in Fulwood by the way.

Thanks in advance.

try Apollo at woodseats, reasonably priced, knowledgeable staff and will be honest if it's beyond economical repair etc. I've used them for years. Good luck

Newlife domestics on Wostenholm Road S11 have done my washer repairs, they are very good and their prices are ok too.

mine sounded the same my brother in law said it was my bearing that had gone so i went to powerline to buy a new one only cost £200 and its a 7kg ariston washer i thought that was a bargin

there is a place in chapeltown there fantastic and very cheap, i have just had my own washing machine fixed there.

i think i know whats wrong with your washer aswell. because mine was doing exactly the same. ( cant member the name if what was wrong with it tho now

Can recommend DART at Walkley, very speedy and reasonable prices.

dunkstar, my hoover washer dryer has also gone kaput, also in fulwood! did you use any of the recommended repair people listed and how were they?

I've not got round to it yet to be honest! Its still been limping along but I should be getting it looked at this week. I'll post any positives/negatives on here.

Just spoken to Appollo - they're coming round to check it out tomorrow (11.75 callout)but it sounds like the bearings have gone - if so it apparently not worth replacing them on Hoover models.

Ah well - more unexpected expense - the kids'll just have to not grow for another 6 months!

Bloke from Apollo came round this morning - as suspected the bearings are shot and will cost £150 - £180 to fix.

Looks like a new machine then......

As for Apollo - good prompt honest service - they also knock off the price of the callout off the work or a new machine if you need it.

Now, wheres the kids piggy banks........

we used dart in walkley in the end, who came very quickly - call-out charge was more, £30, and they charged £47.50 to change the brushes. We were pretty happy with them though and it's sorted quickly. So we can all have clean socks again :)