Cheapest insurance for young driver

A friends daughther is seventeen and is wanting to insiure a seven year old Ford ka and has just been quoted £4000!! Anyone know of the best place for insurance for younger drivers?

Thanks.

You might be best off ringing a broker and getting advice on the cheapest car to insure. I think it's one of those dinky little Kia's or Daewoo Matiz type cars.

when i was a nipper "budget" were good and cheap.

To reduce the quote.

1. Insure in daughter's name so she gets to build her no claims

2. Add Daddy / Mummy as a named driver

This can reduce the price considerably. It knocked 33% off for my daughter

hi i insured my car at 18 just passed, i rang AA and they put me though to a broker so they rang me with all the quotes, cheapest quote was 1400 then i did my pass plus which cost me 160 but insurance went down to 940

hope this helps

Do the pass plus driving course - its only 6 lessons and you can get up to 30% off insurance with certain companies.

it also gives you more experience and teaches you how to drive on the motorway

i did it last year and im really pleased i did - i would advise anyone to do it

Both my daughters are still learner drivers they have got a Ford Ka between them to practice in, they have insured it with my eldest daughter as policy holder my other daughter, me and their dad as named drivers. Was slightly over £700 with Quinn direct but we found that via money supermarket and that was the cheapest.

I passed almost a month ago now and started my pass plus staright away the week after. I now have a Toyota Starlet 1.3, insured with CIS Insurance. I don't need it for work so don't drive it much only mainly for taking my girlfriend home and getting to football. So with my dad using it too he's gone down as the named driver it for the both of us its about £900 and I'm 20.

You might be best off ringing a broker and getting advice on the cheapest car to insure. I think it's one of those dinky little Kia's or Daewoo Matiz type cars.

My dad wouldn't let me buy one of them as he said if you had a crash in that I wouldn't like to think of your chances of being in one piece. He especially wouldn't let me have a Matiz he reckons they're tin cans.

yeah ive also heard that ford ka's arent very good.

that crash that happened near Christmas involving a mercedes near fox house - the other car involved was a ford ka and look what happened to them

renault are supposed to be fairly safe cars - what about a clio they are low insurance and good for younger drivers

What about Norwich Union's Pay-as-you-drive insurance? That's supposed to be far cheaper than conventional policies for some drivers.