View Full Version : Can you put a dead dog in a wheeley bin?

Pages : [1] 2

Classic Rock
27-01-2008, 17:53
I don't intend to do this before you animal lovers start chastising me!

Can you put your dead dog in the wheeley bin to be taken away with all your other refuse or is there some bi law which prohibits this?

I suppose this would all depend on the size of your dog and the length of time before the bin is collected. If my dog died on a Wednesday and my bin is collected on a Thursday, I suppose this would be OK, but if he died at the weekend and had to wait most of the week to be collected does this then become an environmental hazzard?

I never thought about all the questions that would have to arise from this idea.

Would he have to go in a seperate bin bag or could he go in loose?

Would it be better putting him in head first or tail first for the best fit to put my other bin bags to go in around him?

I suppose its better to put him in there before he goes stiff as it might be awkward.

Also, if I was having a fire, could I put my dog on the fire and cremate him or would he have to go to a licensed crematorium?

Grissom
27-01-2008, 17:58
What a waste of a life it is just tossing your dog into a wheelie bin or burning on rubbish heap. Please give your dog the send off he/she deserves. I hear some breeds are rather tasty :)

Eddie_shef
27-01-2008, 17:59
just make sure he doesn't go in the blue bin... unless he/she is made of paper...
its an interesting point though..
becasue (for example) i had chicken for dinner and put the carcass in the bin... i.e. it was animal waste, which is exactly what you would be doing... your dog would become animal waste.. or would you have to cook it, cut it up and throw parts of it away each week
unless your korean, and then you could just eat it

carsupplier
27-01-2008, 18:00
Wait until the bins are put out on collection day and when no ones looking just put your dog in a neighbours bin, problem solved.:thumbsup:

melthebell
27-01-2008, 18:01
NO!!!
flush it down the toilet like a goldfish

errrrrrrrrrrrrm

Ghostrider
27-01-2008, 18:01

Can you put your dead dog in the wheeley bin to be taken away with all your other refuse or is there some bi law which prohibits this?

I suppose this would all depend on the size of your dog and the length of time before the bin is collected. If my dog died on a Wednesday and my bin is collected on a Thursday, I suppose this would be OK, but if he died at the weekend and had to wait most of the week to be collected does this then become an environmental hazzard?

I never thought about all the questions that would have to arise from this idea.

Would it be better putting him in head first or tail first for the best fit to put my other bin bags to go in around him?

I suppose its better to put him in there before he goes stiff as it might be awkward.

Also, if I was having a fire, could I put my dog on the fire and cremate him or would he have to go to a licensed crematorium?Well your dobermutt was alive and well when I saw him an hour ago....did he nick jonny's corned beef :hihi:

Classic Rock
27-01-2008, 18:04
Jack's fine, but we just had a thought. He's only 4, bless him, but it's nice to plan ahead. :)

*vanessa*
27-01-2008, 18:17
whoever has to clean the bin lorry out might not be too pleased with all the "crunchd up" dog in there:gag:

Jason Bourne
27-01-2008, 18:17
What a waste of a life it is just tossing your dog into a wheelie bin or burning on rubbish heap. Please give your dog the send off he/she deserves. I hear some breeds are rather tasty :)

Yeah, surely there's a Chinese restaurant nearby?

Recycle, reduce, reuse etc...

Frazer1974
27-01-2008, 18:22
I've put dead rabbits in the wheelie bin before - I can't really see the difference.

I think they'd make a bigger fuss if the lid wasn't totally shut down because little Rover's paw was sticking up, than they would for having put the dog in there.

Is that what they call "dogging"? :hihi:

Grandad.Malky
27-01-2008, 18:22
Bury it in the garden and put a rose bush on top.

You know itís the right thing to do.
:roll:

*Peaches*
27-01-2008, 18:26
I put dead guinea's in the bin now as I've run out of plots in the garden at home :hihi:

I presume a doby would have to be sent away, you'd be best asking your local council or vet

melthebell
27-01-2008, 18:32
we bury our rats and cats either in the garden...or we used to take em down the local beck and bury em there lol
mind u that stems from when we lived in a flat and didnt have a garden

Twiglet
27-01-2008, 18:38
Although they aren't part of the food chain and therefore aren't the same as putting a chicken or odd bit of cow in there, they aren't hazardous so I don't think they'd pose a problem from that aspect, but...

I would personally take my guinea pigs and certainly a dog to the vets to be properly disposed of for fear of allegations of animal cruelty. You just know someone would think you'd shoved them in there breathing.

Jason Bourne
27-01-2008, 18:40
I think they'd make a bigger fuss if the lid wasn't totally shut down because little Rover's paw was sticking up, than they would for having put the dog in there.

You've just reminded me - isn't an offence to run over a dog then not inform its owner if it wears a collar?

Me thinks you'll be interrogated by the RSPCA (or the Police) if you're caught sticking it in the bin!

Classic Rock
27-01-2008, 18:41
Not a problem, my dog is microchipped to me. As he's my property can I not choose where to stick upon his demise?

KJ_VENOM
27-01-2008, 18:42
I'll lend you my Vietnamese cookbook 101 ways to wok your dog :D

Dozy
27-01-2008, 18:44
Well, if my fat dog dies a natural death (as opposed to being put to sleep at the vet) then she'll certainly go in the bin - if there's enough room.

I did it with the only one of my cats to die naturally, I just put her in a bin liner and sealed it up.

I'm not sentimental about corpses - animal or human.

Classic Rock
27-01-2008, 18:44
Also bin men dont generally look in bins, so once he's lifted by their mechanism and dumped into the rest of the stuff in the lorry, nobody would know where he came from.

Would anyone at the tip once he arrived and was sifted out really want to identify the dog and where he originated from? Would they check or just dispose of him? Indeed would he even be noticed at all?

red_hearts
27-01-2008, 18:50
Also bin men dont generally look in bins, so once he's lifted by their mechanism and dumped into the rest of the stuff in the lorry, nobody would know where he came from.

Would anyone at the tip once he arrived and was sifted out really want to identify the dog and where he originated from? Would they check or just dispose of him? Indeed would he even be noticed at all?

does that mean you can put people in those bins too:hihi:

sharonxxxx
27-01-2008, 18:52
this thread aint half mekin me chuckle xx we had a german shepherd n when it died we had vet cramate her cost me £150 bloody pounds shes in this awfull mahogany urn with the name polly on the front engraved:gag: its creepy i keep putting it away in a cupbored out of sight and then hubby gets it out n insists on putting it on show :gag: lol then i put it back again :hihi: this has been going on for about ten years lol in out in out xxx bet the poor dogs dizzy even though shes dead x still miss her though :(

Grissom
27-01-2008, 18:53

He may get a free cremation at the Bernard Road incinerator :)

Jay69
27-01-2008, 18:55

Also, if I was having a fire, could I put my dog on the fire and cremate him or would he have to go to a licensed crematorium?

Is this a joke ? My little dog died last weekend of old age and it would never cross my mind just to put him in the bin .if you really love your dog then give him/her a good send off like i did and find a nice little place in the garden and put him / her there with a head stone . Put it this way when you die would you like it if you family just put your body in the bin ready for collection day ? Dont mean to rant but a if i know anybody that just put there died dog in the bin its owner would be in the next collection !

Dozy
27-01-2008, 18:57

I'm afraid not - there are laws against that. My dad's preferred method of disposal was to be chucked in the big skips at the back of his flat, but he had to have a standard cremation. He was probably turning in the incinerator at the thought of all that money wasted (he was from Barnsley).

Dozy
27-01-2008, 18:59
Is this a joke ? My little dog died last weekend of old age and it would never cross my mind just to put him in the bin .if you really love your dog then give him/her a good send off like i did and find a nice little place in the garden and put him / her there with a head stone . Put it this way when you die would you like it if you family just put your body in the bin ready for collection day ? Dont mean to rant but a if i know anybody that just put there died dog in the bin its owner would be in the next collection !

Actually, yes, I would be quite happy to be bunged in the bin - once I'm dead, of course.

BillyWhiz
27-01-2008, 19:02
I was recently on a bus that clipped and killed a small dog on Hucklow Road. The driver, who was clearly distressed at killing such a lovely little dog, picked the dog up and put it on the grass verge. The rather gobby owner of the dog started to remonstrate with the driver who told her that as dogs were no longer licensed, his duty was to move the dog out of the way of further traffic and that he was not duty bound to inform anyone of the incident.

He told the dog's owner that if they rang the council someone would come out and take it away for disposal.

I am not an animal person but surely if you have looked after an animal for a number of years then do as you would be done by.

Ring your local vet or the RSPCA when the time comes.

Failing that, can I suggest a marinade of............

Classic Rock
27-01-2008, 19:02

When you move house will you dig up the dog and take it with you?
Surely the new owners of the house will not want to do a bit of gardening to find dog remains, nor will they want a headstone in their garden.

Maybe this putting dogs in bins is the future! All those vets had better worry!

Jay69
27-01-2008, 19:12
When you move house will you dig up the dog and take it with you?
Surely the new owners of the house will not want to do a bit of gardening to find dog remains, nor will they want a headstone in their garden.

Maybe this putting dogs in bins is the future! All those vets had better worry!

Well no i'v only just moved in and hope to live in my house for along time but no i would'nt dig him up i would leave him there !

surfinjim
27-01-2008, 19:13
Surely this is the answer you seek for any poor animal.........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/4660060.stm

Pass the chianti....:gag:

Jim

Classic Rock
27-01-2008, 19:16
Well no i'v only just moved in and hope to live in my house for along time but no i would'nt dig him up i would leave him there !

What would happen if your garden was flooded or waterlogged and your dog floated out of the ground and floated away?

shoeshine
27-01-2008, 19:16
I've had a grin or two reading this thread. :)

Two days ago I took some items to the local Council Waste Disposal Site. On one of the massive skips was a full-sized Border Collie staring down at me as I parked the car below him, his paws resting on the front of the skip, tongue hanging out.

I climbed the ramp to the skip next to his "post", expecting the dog to watch me pass him by just a yard away from him.

He stayed motiomless, just facing the drive-in zone, oblivious to me.

It wasn't until I passed him on the way back down the access ramp I realised he was a very, very realistic, full sized stuffed toy! :o

Classic Rock
27-01-2008, 19:18
I've had a grin or two reading this thread. :)

Two days ago I took some items to the local Council Waste Disposal Site. On one of the massive skips was a full-sized Border Collie staring down at me as I parked the car below him, his paws resting on the front of the skip, tongue hanging out.

I climbed the ramp to the skip next to his "post", expecting the dog to watch me pass him by just a yard away from him.

He stayed motiomless, just facing the drive-in zone, oblivious to me.

It wasn't until I passed him on the way back down the access ramp I realised he was a very, very realistic, full sized stuffed toy! :o

I got quite excited reading that wondering if someone had done it!

Jay69
27-01-2008, 19:21
I can see where your coming from but eveybody puts there past away animals in the garden its just the right thing to do . But lucky for me i live at the top of the road on a hill and hopefully touch wood (never know these days) i wont get flooded .:)

Sirozwald
27-01-2008, 19:24
yes - but make sure its dead first

Classic Rock
27-01-2008, 19:25
Who says it's the right thing to do?

Jay69
27-01-2008, 19:26
yes - but make sure its dead first

:hihi: might be a bit harder if its still alive

Jay69
27-01-2008, 19:28
Who says it's the right thing to do?

. . . . . . . Me !

red_hearts
27-01-2008, 19:29
I think the dog would be quite happy in the bin- all those chicken bones etc

shoeshine
27-01-2008, 19:34
I got quite excited reading that wondering if someone had done it!

I still don't know if the Border Collie was simply a toy the staff on the site had "reclaimed" from the detritus, or a product of taxidermy at it's best.

(Just for you, Classic Rock, send me a PM and I'll disclose its current location) :)

carsupplier
27-01-2008, 19:34
If the bin men did find your dog in the bin, couldn't they tie it to the front of the lorry like they used to with old soft toys they found?

Classic Rock
27-01-2008, 19:35
I suppose shutting the wheeley bin lid would be a bit like having the funeral. You could say a few words as you shut the lid.

Then again, you'd proabably need to reopen it to put your pizza box and kitchen bin bag in later, so that kind of ruins the moment.

Classic Rock
27-01-2008, 19:36
If the bin men did find your dog in the bin, couldn't they tie it to the front of the lorry like they used to with old soft toys they found?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Classic Rock
27-01-2008, 19:37
I still don't know if the Border Collie was simply a toy the staff on the site had "reclaimed" from the detritus, or a product of taxidermy at it's best.

(Just for you, Classic Rock, send me a PM and I'll disclose its current location) :)

Tell us all!!! There will be queues to go to view it tomorrow!

Jay69
27-01-2008, 19:38

Ha ha :thumbsup:

poppins
27-01-2008, 19:51

Thats funny, that just what my garbage crew do to their truck, a stuffed toy tied on the front....I though it meant something :huh:

Anyhow my friend burried her dog in her garden, it's the only place her roses grow good now.

cgksheff
27-01-2008, 20:11
Isn't this what the "Dog Bins" are for?

Classic Rock
27-01-2008, 20:13
Isn't this what the "Dog Bins" are for?

You can only get a chihuahua in one of those.

red_hearts
27-01-2008, 21:04
I suppose shutting the wheeley bin lid would be a bit like having the funeral. You could say a few words as you shut the lid.

Then again, you'd proabably need to reopen it to put your pizza box and kitchen bin bag in later, so that kind of ruins the moment.

:clap:Haha:banana:

Eddie_shef
27-01-2008, 21:07
Everytime I throw away an empty pizza box I have a mini funeral- I am devasted. When will the next one arrive? Its been weeks since I've had a pizza in my life

fox20thc
27-01-2008, 23:16
Is this a joke ? My little dog died last weekend of old age and it would never cross my mind just to put him in the bin.

I agree Jay, not sure if this is a sick joke or an apparent hypothetical query but its in very bad taste.

Practically speaking I would suggest that any large animal (cat/Dog etc) who had died would be classed as biohazard waste therefore disposal in the city waste collection would be prohibited, and a pet crem would be in order if the dog died at home and was not in a vets care at the time of death.

However, as somebody who in the last week has had to support somebody in the decision making process to do the best thing by their life long companion, and then accompany them to the vets and watch as their pet was put to sleep along with the distress this causes, I think the levity with which the OP posted speaks volumes about their humanity.

However the post was originally intended, some people don't see the funny side :(

owdlad
27-01-2008, 23:30
Jack's fine, but we just had a thought. He's only 4, bless him, but it's nice to plan ahead. :)

Thank goodness for that, I had got a twich on my legg worrying about my mate;)

Solomon1
27-01-2008, 23:37
However, as somebody who in the last week has had to support somebody in the decision making process to do the best thing by their life long companion, and then accompany them to the vets and watch as their pet was put to sleep along with the distress this causes, I think the levity with which the OP posted speaks volumes about their humanity.

don't take this the wrong way foxy, don't mean to offend.....am going to ask a question to you for an ongoing project of mine about brits and their pets........

do you speak with the same reverence about your human companions?

Eddie_shef
27-01-2008, 23:41
what does OP stand for anyway?

Solomon1
27-01-2008, 23:42
what does OP stand for anyway?

original post dude :)

fox20thc
27-01-2008, 23:59
don't take this the wrong way foxy, don't mean to offend.....am going to ask a question to you for an ongoing project of mine about brits and their pets........

do you speak with the same reverence about your human companions?

With respect to euthanasia or disposal of?

I personally don't care what happens to me, cardboard box in a wood would be fine for me.

As for euthanasia? I would support anyone in their decision, but then again, we (as humans) have the ability to make that choice and I would defend anyones right to make that decision.

With regard to our furry friends, they don't, but to take the whole scenario to its most base level, were they creatures in the wild they would probably have been taken down by predators or disease had we as humans not taken care of them. We have the responsibility as guardians of these animals to do the very best for them.

The little guy in question who I refer to in my previous post was 18 yrs old and it was agreed by us and the vet that this was the kindest thing to do given his condition and age.

I hope that answers your question.

Eddie_shef
28-01-2008, 00:00
thanks solomon

pet-walkiz
28-01-2008, 00:10
[QUOTE=Classic Rock;3072692]Also bin men dont generally look in bins

Are you kiddin? i saw a bin man the other week look in a bin then refuse(scuse the pun) to empty it....why? there was a small cardboard box in it with squashed fruit in it!!!

Ps.... Who would want to throw a dead dog in the bin?:(

Eddie_shef
28-01-2008, 00:12
Ah! So it might be illegal to bury your pet banana in the wheelie bins....
carefull classic rock- maybe it is unlawful to put dogs in them
Or the binman was a snob and didn't want his truck to smell bad!

Solomon1
28-01-2008, 00:14
thanks solomon

nay prob...

Ghostrider
28-01-2008, 01:11
Thank goodness for that, I had got a twich on my legg worrying about my mate;)That would be the ghostly humping :hihi:

owdlad
28-01-2008, 02:52
That would be the ghostly humping :hihi:

Ghastly humping is nearer the mark :gag:

*_ash_*
28-01-2008, 03:38
I've just seen this thread... that has to contend for best thread title so far this year... :hihi:

A serious :shocked:, yet bloody funny thread....

esp this..

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

KTHFB
28-01-2008, 09:08
I must admit I've chuckled with some of these posts, however, if either (or indeed) when my 2 cats are no longer here, I'll be paying my money to have them cremated so I can scatter their ashes, it's not so expensive really. Though my Yorkshire Terrier I had done was £10 (about 10 years ago) and they spelled his name wrong on the Certificate - that was AFTER I'd spent £1,000 on his care for a fortnight!

Classic Rock
28-01-2008, 14:09
I agree Jay, not sure if this is a sick joke or an apparent hypothetical query but its in very bad taste.

Practically speaking I would suggest that any large animal (cat/Dog etc) who had died would be classed as biohazard waste therefore disposal in the city waste collection would be prohibited, and a pet crem would be in order if the dog died at home and was not in a vets care at the time of death.

However the post was originally intended, some people don't see the funny side :(

Oh dear. I knew someone would get upset somewhere along the line about this. Perhaps I can refer you back to the very first line which opened this thread? Go back and read it.

I have plenty of humanity my dear, it's just a healthy debate, not aimed at anyone in particular, its just a stimulus for discussion. My deepest sympathies to anyone currently mourning the loss of their pet. This thread wasn't created to cause distress only discussion.

Ghozer
28-01-2008, 14:15
With not having sufficient time (or space) to bury any of our animals that have ever died, and paying for collection is way out of our price range (our last quote was £80+) we have always rapped them up, placed them in a box, and placed them in the bin, never had any come back from it, What else could we do honestly?

poppins
28-01-2008, 14:24

This one is Classic, beats Kirkys 'Gay Dog' thread...remember that one ? :D

irenewilde
28-01-2008, 14:36

It *is* a horrible thread. I looked at it because I couldn't believe someone could ask that question at all, regardless of whether they were having a joke. Different things make different people laugh I guess, but I could never see the funny side of talking about pets like this. And I'd certainly question the claim that it's a "healthy" debate.

hels1977
28-01-2008, 14:40
With not having sufficient time (or space) to bury any of our animals that have ever died, and paying for collection is way out of our price range (our last quote was £80+) we have always rapped them up, placed them in a box, and placed them in the bin, never had any come back from it, What else could we do honestly?

If we're talking small furries, how about take them out to the local woodland and lay them to rest? In addition vets offer joint cremation and it's way cheaper than £80.

RedRocker
28-01-2008, 15:21
Maybe you could just take your dog or cat and leave it by the side of the road like a sofa!!! Or is this fly tipping?? I suppose if you wrap it well and label it correctly it would avoid someone coming along and taking it home thinking they had swiped a bargain!!!
I think if I put our dog in the bin I would have to put a mask on it so I didnt see his face. Maybe a Homer Simpson one, that way I would have a little chuckle to myself. There is nothing as funny as a dog in a mask!!!

beansfeast
28-01-2008, 15:45
It *is* a horrible thread. I looked at it because I couldn't believe someone could ask that question at all, regardless of whether they were having a joke. Different things make different people laugh I guess, but I could never see the funny side of talking about pets like this. And I'd certainly question the claim that it's a "healthy" debate.

You've heard about 'if you don't like what's on the TV then turn it off...' and since you don't like the thread then don't join in, not difficult! :rolleyes:

Now me, I have a dog and 2 cats who are great friends - one of my cats is getting old and doddery and loves following my dog everywhere but I've never put much though into what we'll do with her when she cops it. Perhaps get her stuffed and put on wheels so the dog will always have a friend that follows her everywhere!! :hihi:

sheffield_LD
28-01-2008, 15:54
Why would you even want to consider tossing it in the bin, did it not mean anything to you?.
A dog is like a human. If your Mother or child died would you throw them away like that?.
My dog was my best friend and i would never have done that to him, the thought of it upsets me!. He was cremated.
You would ring up a vet to seek advice. They do charge to remove and cremate an animal. But to put them in a bin, to then get squashed and thrown all over, Not nice!!

sheffield_LD
28-01-2008, 16:00

Nice... Yes just chuck it in the bin... only another dog (not the 1st one you quote). Cannot afford to give it a rightful send off, but could afford to feed it every day for however long?. Think your children will be able to afford for your funeral, costs more than £80 my love???. Think they should stick you in bin as well, but bugger to rapping you up!!!

Eddie_shef
28-01-2008, 17:13
Nice... Yes just chuck it in the bin... only another dog (not the 1st one you quote). Cannot afford to give it a rightful send off, but could afford to feed it every day for however long?. Think your children will be able to afford for your funeral, costs more than £80 my love???. Think they should stick you in bin as well, but bugger to rapping you up!!!

I really hope you meant "wrapping", as in to "wrap" not "rapping" as in to 'bugger' which your post implies...
otherwise I would question your humanity!!

Dozy
28-01-2008, 17:35
Why would you even want to consider tossing it in the bin, did it not mean anything to you?.
A dog is like a human. If your Mother or child died would you throw them away like that?.
My dog was my best friend and i would never have done that to him, the thought of it upsets me!. He was cremated.
You would ring up a vet to seek advice. They do charge to remove and cremate an animal. But to put them in a bin, to then get squashed and thrown all over, Not nice!!

Well, that's your opinion and, of course you're entitled to it. But can't you accept that other people have different opinions, which are equally as valid as yours?

Some of us happen to regard a corpse (animal or human) as just a lump of dead meat that requires disposal.

I've had cats and dogs for 30+ years and they have always received the best of care, to say nothing of being spoiled rotten. I've happily spent out thousands of pounds over the years to keep them fit and happy.

My last cat had hyperthyroid and I paid out hundreds in vets fees, blood tests and medication to keep him as well as possible for his last few months. He was cremated - but that was only because he finally had to be put down, so I just left him at the vets. And then I went back a few days later to pay, because I was too upset to do so at the time.

So I do love my pets, but once they're dead, that's it as far as I'm concerned. If he'd just died at home, he would have gone in the bin. And I would be perfectly happy to go in a bin myself - paying out thousands for a funeral is a waste of money in my book.

mrmist
28-01-2008, 18:18
Of course you're not meant to put a dead animal in your bin. There's a serious lack of brains going on in this thread. At the very least it would have to go in a clinical waste collection. Otherwise you're gonna end up with a mountain of festering animal corpses.

Mind you, I'd have thought that anyone who actually looks after a pet would consider putting some thought into better arrangements for when they die.

AtticusFinch
28-01-2008, 18:19
This has been a very interesting thread. I've never considered before whether it's "allowed" to dispose of a dog corpse in a wheelie bin.

My grandparents have always had dogs and my grandad owns an allotment. Whenever a dog dies he always buries it at the bottom of the allotment. As he's had this allotment for decades there must be 5-10 dogs buried there at least. I can just imagine the police stumbling upon it and initially thinking that they've found the work of a serial killer. :o

ukstudent
28-01-2008, 19:09
this is a sick post

Eddie_shef
28-01-2008, 19:15
its not too bad is it?

Ghozer
28-01-2008, 19:15

Im talking cats here, when we have 11, and can ONLY JUST afford to feed them (not my call mind, if it was up to me we'd have 2 at most) - if one dies, we cannot afford to feed the other 10 and do whatever for the dead one, however. as said, if it was up to me we'd only have 2 maybe 3, at which point its a different matter, and costs would be easier..

but for a dog, most people only have 1 dog (occasions people have 2 or 3) and again, alot of dogs are bigger than cats, so are harder to dispose of any way...

so yeah, dont get me wrong, personally i'd prefer some proper methods, but there are situations when its just not possible, and the way i see it, once they are dead, thats it, its just a shell, its not your pet anymore, and thats how i'd want to be seen when im dead, do whatever you want with my body after im gone, what do I care? :)

cgksheff
28-01-2008, 19:23
Of course you're not meant to put a dead animal in your bin. There's a serious lack of brains going on in this thread. At the very least it would have to go in a clinical waste collection. Otherwise you're gonna end up with a mountain of festering animal corpses.

Mind you, I'd have thought that anyone who actually looks after a pet would consider putting some thought into better arrangements for when they die.

Not really. It will just go straight to the Bernard Road Crematorium.

Eddie_shef
28-01-2008, 19:25

may I suggest burning them at immense temperatures...

angel166
28-01-2008, 19:27
....do whatever you want with my body after im gone, what do I care? :)

Can I have that in writing? ;)

Classic Rock
28-01-2008, 19:27
So I do love my pets, but once they're dead, that's it as far as I'm concerned. If he'd just died at home, he would have gone in the bin. And I would be perfectly happy to go in a bin myself - paying out thousands for a funeral is a waste of money in my book.

I feel a bodies in bins megathread coming on! Human bodies in bins, how would you like to be disposed of? We've all paid our Council tax, can't the municipal tip get rid of us?

We may as well make use of these council facilities, maybe the Council haven't looked at all these options. Just think, they could be really raking it in in the world of body disposal. You could have a black bin, a blue bin and maybe a bin with a cross on it with RIP on it - put all you dead stuff in it, a bit of lime ash in the bottom to help it decompose and you are onto a winner! I might go on Dragon's Den with this!

cgksheff
28-01-2008, 19:31
........ and maybe a bin with a cross on it with RIP on it .......

I'm not sure they'd get the lid closed properly on me though.

Oh ... the indignity of being left at the kerbside on a bin-day ...... again!

Classic Rock
28-01-2008, 19:46
Maybe you could get bins in different sizes for this. Maybe you could order a bin for your special day.

Eddie_shef
28-01-2008, 20:03
HAHAHA fantastic

Dave650
28-01-2008, 20:07
If in doubt...there's always your neighbour's bin... :P

mrmist
28-01-2008, 20:11
Not really. It will just go straight to the Bernard Road Crematorium.

How so? Some bloke sorts through all the rubbish looking for dead pets?

Minesadouble
28-01-2008, 20:23
I could never put a pet in a wheelie bin that's just wrong :(...Just dig a hole in the garden and have a mini service ;)

carsupplier
28-01-2008, 20:34
How so? Some bloke sorts through all the rubbish looking for dead pets?

What does he do with them when he finds them?

mrmist
28-01-2008, 20:39
What does he do with them when he finds them?

Takes them to the crematorium apparently.

shaznay
28-01-2008, 23:15
this is this biggest laugh i've had in a long time, i've had tears rolling down my face, :hihi::hihi::hihi::loopy::loopy:

Tarquin
28-01-2008, 23:21
sicko post of the year:loopy:

poppins
28-01-2008, 23:24
I'd put the damned cat next door to me in the bin if I could catch it.

owdlad
29-01-2008, 05:44
The best thing would be to leave it to go stiff, then you can stand it on it's end and not waste as much space :|

Classic Rock
29-01-2008, 10:52
Stand on it's end?? What, you mean fold it up?

BasilRathbon
29-01-2008, 10:53
I could never put a pet in a wheelie bin that's just wrong :(...Just dig a hole in the garden and have a mini service ;)

You'd need to dig a fairly big hole to fit a wheelie bin in it. And how would you know that the wheelie bin was dead, or have I misunderstoood?

Bladesman
29-01-2008, 11:41
Haha great thread this.

It has cheered me up this morning.

Also raises some questions on the best way of disposing pets.

A goldfish and it seems most on here wouldnt care if you flushed it down the loo or threw it in the bin.

Although a dog gets put in the bin and suddenly there are some who are outraged by it.

Is it coz dogs are bigger or is coz people tend to be more attached to pets eg like dogs and cats ?

I was attached to my goldish and was gutted when it died but I didnt have a problem flushing it down the loo.

shoeshine
29-01-2008, 11:48
Just dig a hole in the garden and have a mini service ;)

:confused:A vicar wearing half a dog collar? ;)

steadiman
29-01-2008, 11:50
Be afraid..... Be VERY afraid (http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/insider7/PetSematary20.jpg)

Classic Rock
29-01-2008, 16:37
Love the pic steadiman.

I put a dead kitten in the bin once. It had been hit by a car and was mashed up in a carrier bag (someone scooped it off the road and stuck it in a Tesco bag and put it on my doorstep - I wondered what it was when I was coming down the path but lo and behold there was Poppy in all her glory looking less lively than when I saw her last), so I decided the best thing to do was to dispose of her in the bin. She was small and although I thought she was cute and lovely, she was just a messy corpse. I didn't want to take her out of the bag so chose to carefully bin her. If I'd buried her, the smell of the blood on her would have attracted other animals and she'd have been dug up.

Pighills
29-01-2008, 16:44
There have been some funny responses to this thread which have really made me laugh and I know the OP isn't serious in his/her question BUT:

Cats and dogs are classed as clinical waste once they are dead (ie: toxic) and therefore should be disposed of as such. They must have a proper burial (in your garden or through pet funeral services) they cannot be placed in bins for the community disposal service (binmen) to pick up.

Google it.

Classic Rock
29-01-2008, 16:55
So what terrible fate will befall the perpetrator if you do stuff poor old Fido or Tiddles in the bin?

retep
29-01-2008, 17:26
So what terrible fate will befall the perpetrator if you do stuff poor old Fido or Tiddles in the bin?

You'd probably be dogged with a fine and have to put your hand in the kitty.

cgksheff
29-01-2008, 19:46
It has nothing to do with 'clinical waste'. Do you think that 'clinical waste' could be buried in your garden?

Dead pets are classed as "Category 1" Animal By-Products (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/smartapi/cgi/sga_doc?smartapi!celexapi!prod!CELEXnumdoc&lg=EN&numdoc=32002R1774&model=guichett).
Regulations control their transportation and they should be disposed of by incineration or burial.

However, I have found at least one UK Council that specifically says that small pets can be disposed of in the bin.

I have found more than one Council that offer a free seperate collection service for dead pets, but the majority are a bit vague and wave you towards the vets.

Veolia do not specifically exclude pets from items that can be disposed of in the wheelie bins.
In fact their website makes no reference to pet disposal at all.

skala
29-01-2008, 21:43

Im sorry but if you can afford the up keep of pets for so many years you can afford to dispose of them properly. Part and parcel of having a pet!!! Not many people think about this cost when they get pets!! Angers me!!

skala
29-01-2008, 21:46

Here here xx

Eddie_shef
30-01-2008, 18:50
Problem sloved.. dont put it in the wheelie bin, put it in this bin
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41863000/jpg/_41863886_dog_poo_bin_203.jpg

mr_busdriver
30-01-2008, 20:04
I'm glad the thread title isn't asking if its "OK to put a live dog in a wheelie bin"

red_hearts
30-01-2008, 21:56
My dog loves going in the bin- I just let him out again when hes finished eating

_ABI_
08-02-2008, 22:01
i think its illegal u know lol
if you can't bury him then your local vet will take the dead dog and it will be incinerated

teddie
09-02-2008, 12:20
i think its illegal u know lol
if you can't bury him then your local vet will take the dead dog and it will be incinerated

and have a ruddy great bill

summa
19-11-2010, 10:49
Noo, don't put him/her in the bin, bury them in a nice part of the garden or have them cremated at the vets, it's not that expensive and remember this is the last thing you will have done for them x

vwkittie
19-11-2010, 11:00
Noo, don't put him/her in the bin, bury them in a nice part of the garden or have them cremated at the vets, it's not that expensive and remember this is the last thing you will have done for them x

Did you do a search for 'dead dog wheely bin' before dragging this post back from two years ago? Just curious! It was a hypothetical question anyway.

summa
19-11-2010, 11:05
I don't know what happened, I searched 'new posts' and it appeared, no didn't check the date.
That okay for you?

ash7612
19-11-2010, 11:12
how sad that is, feel sick

shaznay
19-11-2010, 11:16
Did you do a search for 'dead dog wheely bin' before dragging this post back from two years ago? Just curious! It was a hypothetical question anyway.

it came about from the thread......'most populat threads on sf'.....I put a link to it because at the time thought it was very funny....however not to everyones taste :suspect:

summa
19-11-2010, 11:21
Arr your to blame then missus!
I'm only kidding...Good thread and proved popular, even two years on!
Just a case of crossed wires

The Blonde
19-11-2010, 11:47
I can remember my Nan Had a yorkie that died and instead of taking it to be cremated she burned it on the old outside metal bin lids! This was about 17 years ago lol!

BritPat
19-11-2010, 12:13

If you fancy being charged with obstructing the coroner, yes.

Alcoblog
19-11-2010, 13:03
I have a catalytic converter if anyone wants to borrow it! I also have an autoclave for cremating dogs ... it works on very high temperatures and is definitely guaranteed to be the last time you hear your dog go 'WOOF!' ... Contact me at the address below ... serious enquiries only ... terms and conditions may apply! This is a general service announcement. :hihi:

Jabberwocky
19-11-2010, 13:10
Putting a wheely bin into a dead dog... Now thats an experiment Id like to try.

shazatko
19-11-2010, 13:23
we had a good laff at the comments on here i dug an hole and put my dog in the garden she was too heavy to lift into the wheelie bins lol but i suppose if thats how you would like to go then by all means it would be cheaper on all are pockets if we could just chuck our dead in a bin lol leave it for the bin man they would be too keen on complaining your bins heavy lol my nan burried hers in the woods although not supposed to she walked her there everyday so y shouldnt she still be able to lol your post has picked my dull day up :)

Scabbydog
19-11-2010, 14:57
What's wrong with just selling them to the local Tandoori like the vets do ?

Amaranthus
19-11-2010, 17:00
I could never have put my dog in the bin, I'd rather have taken a shovel and driven miles to bury him somewhere decent.

shirleyF
19-11-2010, 17:59
I found a dead fox under my car one morning, no, I did not run over it. I called DEFRA and they said put it in the bin, so I did.

Noob
19-11-2010, 18:13
Yeah, chuck it in. It`s only an object when its dead.

Blaze
19-11-2010, 18:36
My garden contains three dogs, two cats, two hamsters and a canary. No, I am not a serial pet killer, I have just lived here a while. I bury them without any covering as that prevents decomposition but know where they all are, and they are deep enough not to be dug up by the most enthusiastic gardener.

Now me, I may well end up in the bin but don't care.

wednesday1
19-11-2010, 19:05
You could always dig it into the compost heap.:cool:

NoddyHolder
19-11-2010, 19:27
Bury it in the garden and put a rose bush on top.

You know it’s the right thing to do.
:roll:
Do you put the fire out first ?:huh: before you plant the rose bush I mean only Iv had to hit the dog to keep it still and I keep burning my hands

Rupert_Baehr
19-11-2010, 19:32
. .

denlin
19-11-2010, 19:45
I can't believe you lot. Dog is supposed to be mans best friend, part of the family. Would you stick your granny in the bin, after all we're part of the food chain too in some parts of world, your faithful friend deserves the same dignity you would expect others to give you.

schoolrdgal
19-11-2010, 19:57
I can't believe you lot. Dog is supposed to be mans best friend, part of the family. Would you stick your granny in the bin, after all we're part of the food chain too in some parts of world, your faithful friend deserves the same dignity you would expect others to give you.

I agree totally, can think of plenty of people I would chuck in a bin dead or alive not fussed !

NoddyHolder
19-11-2010, 20:03
Your so right I wouldnt stick my grannie in a wheelie bin ..I would put her in the bottle bank with all the other gin receptacles

Rupert_Baehr
20-11-2010, 09:49
. .

shaznay
20-11-2010, 10:22
this made me chuckle......:hihi:

wackyjaki
20-11-2010, 21:25
do what the vets do and put it in a black bag and ring the council to fetch it thats what they do unless you want its ashers

melthebell
20-11-2010, 21:25
Putting a wheely bin into a dead dog... Now thats an experiment Id like to try.
damn i was just gonna post that and the sick ******** beat me to it, again :(

Jabberwocky
20-11-2010, 21:46
damn i was just gonna post that and the sick ******** beat me to it, again :(

Im not sick, I just have an inquiring mind! :D

melthebell
20-11-2010, 22:03
Im not sick, I just have an inquiring mind! :D
what about a SMALL dead dog?

should keep you occupied for months

Jabberwocky
20-11-2010, 22:05
what about a SMALL dead dog?

should keep you occupied for months

Dead dogs are rarely small.

Not when theyre all bloated and runny.

Classic Rock
20-11-2010, 22:41
Oh pleased to see this thread again, it has really cheered me up after such a sad day. I've just read the last few posts to my dog, who has glared at me and walked out of the room in disgust.

melthebell
20-11-2010, 22:43
Oh pleased to see this thread again, it has really cheered me up after such a sad day. I've just read the last few posts to my dog, who has glared at me and walked out of the room in disgust.
AWAY from any wheelie bins?

Classic Rock
20-11-2010, 22:49
Since originally posting this we have gained another two bins, a blue bin for bottles and cans and a blue box for paper. Unfortunatly the dog is colour blind so he's more frightened than he ever used to be! He's a bit big for the box though, but would easily fill the blue bin quite nicely.

Swan_Vesta
20-11-2010, 22:55
Every one of my dogs were buried on our property. Your animal lives there and it should be buried at it's home.

When my cat eventually goes I'll be prising up the stone slabs and brick to bury my boy at his home.

Classic Rock
20-11-2010, 22:58
It's like a pet episode of Brookside! Digging up the patio!

Andy
20-11-2010, 23:03
Since originally posting this we have gained another two bins, a blue bin for bottles and cans and a blue box for paper. Unfortunatly the dog is colour blind so he's more frightened than he ever used to be! He's a bit big for the box though, but would easily fill the blue bin quite nicely.

Maybe the council will read this thread and introduce yet another colour of wheelie bin specifically for dead dogs?

melthebell
20-11-2010, 23:05
Every one of my dogs were buried on our property. Your animal lives there and it should be buried at it's home.

When my cat eventually goes I'll be prising up the stone slabs and brick to bury my boy at his home.
we used to always bury our cats and rats down the beck at staithes, but moving away all the rats are buried in our gardens

Classic Rock
20-11-2010, 23:11
Maybe the council will read this thread and introduce yet another colour of wheelie bin specifically for dead dogs?

I propose a yellow bin for all animal waste, including poo and carcasses, obviously with a lockable lid to prevent foxes dragging off your beloved pets into the night. :thumbsup:

Andy
20-11-2010, 23:17
I propose a yellow bin for all animal waste, including poo and carcasses, obviously with a lockable lid to prevent foxes dragging off your beloved pets into the night. :thumbsup:

I think the bin men would want a bit extra for emptying those.