business partner needed for a girl in sheffield!

Looking for someone to start an innovative business with.

I am a 25 year old graduate seeking both money & enjoyment out of a venture.

I'm open minded as to what the venture is yet, lol.

Please get in touch!!

n

Hi there, you have my attention!

I desperately want to get started in business (building my empire!) but would like to hang onto the day job for at least 6 months. I work best in a small team, ideally with a 'do'er' as I'm more of an ideas person and struggle to finish jobs as my mind is always onto the next idea. Basically I need someone to kick my ass every now and again, and be the organised one of the pair!

PM me if you're interested in talking further, would have PM'd you my e-mail address but the forum won't let me send PM's.

By the way, I'm male and 27 years old.

Dan

Come on then you guys - give us a clue what you might be interested in doing.

Well I've had a few ideas over the years but little with them.....other than with my Friends Reunited type idea with which I was laughed out of the University business incubation unit. This was three and a half years before Friends Reunited appeared, and was basically the same idea but focussed on universities rather than schools. The business model split the company between me and Hallam Uni, with their contribution being their students' skill in putting the site together, and their lecturers' skills in business. In hindsight I should have just done it myself.

I've had two other ideas which have since been done and are earning their owners a small fortune. I now have confidence that some of my ideas are viable businesses and I want to make sure that I don't miss the boat again.

The current thing bouncing around my mind involves healthy food, young professionals, disillusioned dinner ladies and ex cons.......not to give too much away!

Just waiting for a response from Glittergirl, hopefully she'll be the driving force that I need, got plenty of sources of funding thanks in the main to tha fact we're in an Objective 1 area and as such have cash thrown at us.

Hi to anyone who's interested:

I've been thinking about setting up a cycle tours business for a while. Don't know exactly what yet, maybe off road tours but anything. I'm currently obtaining qualifications to enable me to lead the tours. It would be better for me I think to do this with someone else - just to take the load off! Website design is pretty important for this kind of thing and customer service. I think it would involve a lot of driving too - moving peoples luggage while they do the tours. They dont have to necessarily be lead tours either - that way there's less work. give em a map and they lead themselves!

Anyone any thoughts?

Tim

Turn up to this guys and we'll sit down for a chat.

Anyone with an interest to start a business or already has one going should come along :thumbsup:

You beat me to it, DaBouncer!

Thanks for the plug!

Joe

Hi

Tried to get in touch through PM with GLITTERGIRL but says her mailbox is full. PM me glittergirl becuase I dont feel comfortable discussing my ideas in public. But yes I do have 3 different ideas that will possibly grow into a good business. I am a 24 year old graduate - Business Admin and IT.

Hi All

Very interested to know more and share more. I am 27 year old male. I hail from India and based in UK for last 5 years. I have some business ideas that I would love to explore. I can offer lots of support to any venture in UK through my contacts in IT and other industries in India and UK. If anyone is interested, do email me at [email protected].

I would suggest, if you have any idea, go ahead and try it, no use of regreting later. I have missed many such opportunity by just thinking over it.

Best of luck.

Sid

I would suggest, if you have any idea, go ahead and try it, no use of regreting later. I have missed many such opportunity by just thinking over it.

I did try it. I did regret it, and I do miss it. :(

I had my own business for 2 years and struggled all of the way. I kept speculating and not accumilating. Now, I'm in a certain amount of debt. Not too much, but enough to depress me.

Thing is Sidh, it won't stop me trying another business, as I believe you can't be successful until you've learned the mistakes the hard way. :)

As to everyone else...give it a go. I constantly keep getting ideas for businesses by observing the international market, but I'm sorry I can't divulge any more info ;)

i have a relatively small export company. i export hand made and special ethnic gifts to euopean countries and the US would be haappy to get someone to team up with in UK. am i UK now for 3 weeks loking for market the rsponse is good.

Come along to the HUBS on Monday 19th February for

'Luv2B an Entrepreneur - an evening with Simon Woodroffe'

5.30pm for a 6pm prompt start, Simon founded Yo! Sushi and is an excellent motivational speaker and previously appeared on Dragon's Den - as a Dragon of course!

A buffet reception with wine is available from 5.30pm, a chance to ask questions after Simon's talk, and time after the event to network and meet other wannabe entrepreneurs.

visit http://www.senta.co.uk for more details of this event which is free to attend. You can also reserve your place online.

PS One for the ladies - Sally Robinson and Rachel Elnaugh are also at the Whirlow Brook Hall Ladies Lunch on 1st March, cost is £29.50 for lunch at 12.30pm until 2pm, but you can browse and network at this lunchtime event from 11.30am through to 3pm. Sponsored by SENTA, there is also a chance for 10 lucky women to receive a full days personal business coaching for your business idea.

Note: PM me if you are interested in the booking details for this event as Whirlow are taking direct bookings, and not SENTA.