Best TV Death Scene...

So... Den is dead... What do we make of it?

Not too impressed really... Could see the weapon of choice being Paulines ornamental dog a mile off...

Andy "having an accident" on the motorway flyer over - in itself a bit of a suprise (in that I hadn't read about it prior to the show being on), but again, pretty predictable...

So, what's your best TV death scene...? My top 3 are...

1. The murder of Su in Brookside. The suspects were Terry, Barry Grant and Graeme. They were all wearing the same outfits (not shellsuits) on the day of the crime... Gripping stuff...

2. Daphane Clarke in Neighbours, whose final line was "I love you Clarkey" to Des. Tera jearking stuff...

3. The death of Helen Daniels in Neighbours... Slipping away on the sofa whilst watching the home vid of Scott and Charlene's wedding. (Although personally, I was hoping for some fits, vomiting and maybe a thin trickle of blood from the corner of her mouth)...

SOAP QUEEN EH???

Rose dying of gengrene and paraplegia and finally being killed off by dr mason in TENKO

beat that

when Stan died in corry , awwwwww it broke my heart i cried for days :shakes: :shakes: poor Hilda

WAHHH HAAAAA its started me off again

Litha

Ernest Bishop getting shot on corra, in a wages snatch.

Valarie Barlow 's electrocution on corra.

Arthur Brownlow getting snotted on Crossroads.

Alan BRadley getting hit by a tram in Corrie...funniest death scene ever.

schindlers list when rauph finnes is picking off the prisoners - it knocks all your so called death scenes into a cocked hat

The scene when Madge Bishop died in Neighbours, had me in floods of tears that did.

Monte Burns in the simpsons.....classic whodunnit :P:suspect:

Kerry Bishop in Neighbours getting shot on a duck hunt.

Hilarious :D

The nest TV death scene for me has to be the end of Blackadder Goes Forth, where Blackadder, George and Baldrick go over the top into German machinegun fire.

Then they just do the fade in to the modern day fields of poppies.

Brilliant.

Rachel dying in car accident on the last episode of Cold Feet; it had me howling!

K x

I agree with Joe here re Blackadder. I am not exactly noted for sentimentalism, but the scene genuinely moved me. It serves as a reminder that Britain [and most probably Germany, France etc] lost the physical 'cream' of a generation in that ludicrous war. It really does make one feel like weeping.

Another scene is the ending of the film, 'The Wicker Man', in which Edward Woodward's christian copper is burnt alive by the pagan inhabitants of Summerisle. The pious Police Sergeant sings hymns as the flames rise. His final, terrified, despairing cries to Jesus, when the fire really takes hold, are genuinely unsettling. The juxtaposition of the policeman's plight with the smiling faces of the villagers [led by Christopher Lee's urbane Lord Summerisle] as they link arms, singing "Summer is a coming in", makes this one of the most powerful and disturbing death scenes in cinema.