View Full Version : Best TV Death Scene...

Miss
19-02-2005, 09:35
So... Den is dead... What do we make of it?

Not too impressed really... Could see the weapon of choice being Paulines ornamental dog a mile off...

Andy "having an accident" on the motorway flyer over - in itself a bit of a suprise (in that I hadn't read about it prior to the show being on), but again, pretty predictable...

So, what's your best TV death scene...? My top 3 are...

1. The murder of Su in Brookside. The suspects were Terry, Barry Grant and Graeme. They were all wearing the same outfits (not shellsuits) on the day of the crime... Gripping stuff...

2. Daphane Clarke in Neighbours, whose final line was "I love you Clarkey" to Des. Tera jearking stuff...

3. The death of Helen Daniels in Neighbours... Slipping away on the sofa whilst watching the home vid of Scott and Charlene's wedding. (Although personally, I was hoping for some fits, vomiting and maybe a thin trickle of blood from the corner of her mouth)...

crowefan
19-02-2005, 09:42
SOAP QUEEN EH???

Rose dying of gengrene and paraplegia and finally being killed off by dr mason in TENKO

beat that

Litha
19-02-2005, 10:14
when Stan died in corry , awwwwww it broke my heart i cried for days :shakes: :shakes: poor Hilda

WAHHH HAAAAA its started me off again

Litha

viking
19-02-2005, 10:24
Ernest Bishop getting shot on corra, in a wages snatch.
Valarie Barlow 's electrocution on corra.
Arthur Brownlow getting snotted on Crossroads.

slh73
19-02-2005, 12:43
Alan BRadley getting hit by a tram in Corrie...funniest death scene ever.

miniminch
20-02-2005, 01:47
schindlers list when rauph finnes is picking off the prisoners - it knocks all your so called death scenes into a cocked hat

Rich
20-02-2005, 11:53
The scene when Madge Bishop died in Neighbours, had me in floods of tears that did.

Edd
20-02-2005, 12:40
Monte Burns in the simpsons.....classic whodunnit :P :suspect:

Meaks
20-02-2005, 12:47
Kerry Bishop in Neighbours getting shot on a duck hunt.

Hilarious :D

JoeP
20-02-2005, 12:51
The nest TV death scene for me has to be the end of Blackadder Goes Forth, where Blackadder, George and Baldrick go over the top into German machinegun fire.

Then they just do the fade in to the modern day fields of poppies.

Brilliant.

Kristian
20-02-2005, 12:55
Rachel dying in car accident on the last episode of Cold Feet; it had me howling!

K x

timo
20-02-2005, 14:18
I agree with Joe here re Blackadder. I am not exactly noted for sentimentalism, but the scene genuinely moved me. It serves as a reminder that Britain [and most probably Germany, France etc] lost the physical 'cream' of a generation in that ludicrous war. It really does make one feel like weeping.

Another scene is the ending of the film, 'The Wicker Man', in which Edward Woodward's christian copper is burnt alive by the pagan inhabitants of Summerisle. The pious Police Sergeant sings hymns as the flames rise. His final, terrified, despairing cries to Jesus, when the fire really takes hold, are genuinely unsettling. The juxtaposition of the policeman's plight with the smiling faces of the villagers [led by Christopher Lee's urbane Lord Summerisle] as they link arms, singing "Summer is a coming in", makes this one of the most powerful and disturbing death scenes in cinema.

missrabbit
21-02-2005, 12:58
Originally posted by Kristian
Rachel dying in car accident on the last episode of Cold Feet; it had me howling!

K x

I agree! The best death scene by far. I cryed more than i ever thought i could! Mainly because they had the best relationship ever.

jonsastar
21-02-2005, 13:10
Near death by bugg ery in pulp fiction, but the worm turns and theres gonna be some pain put out by some hard crack hitting n*ggas some pliers and a blow torch, gruesome.

jackthedog
21-02-2005, 13:12
Dr Romano in ER.

By far.

snatchbane
21-02-2005, 13:46
the bit on superman3 where christapher reeves fell off a horse and ended up in a wheelchair was pretty funny but sad at the same time.

Kristian
21-02-2005, 15:17
This is where I make myself look like a complete pedant and anorak; however, the episode of 'Prisoner: Cell Block H' where Myra Desmond got shot was really horrid, and made me feel sick because I completely didn't see it coming.

Originally posted by Miss
Daphane Clarke in Neighbours, whose final line was "I love you Clarkey" to Des. Tera jearking stuff...

I STILL have that episode on video :blush: albeit tucked in a box in the attic somewhere! I seem to remember the line was "I love you too Clarkey"

In my own defence, I was an impressionable adolescent at the time, and am no longer an obsessed fan! Apart from Desperate Housewives of course!

K x

Lickable
21-02-2005, 15:57
Originally posted by snatchbane
the bit on superman3 where christapher reeves fell off a horse and ended up in a wheelchair was pretty funny but sad at the same time.

Thats just sick!

Don_Kiddick
21-02-2005, 18:15
Robert Donat in the 1939 Goodbye Mr Chips.
Makes Don :cry: everytime

Also the first 30 minutes of Private Ryan :shocked:

Lestat
21-02-2005, 19:47
What about the last scene in 'Braveheart' . . . probably the longest and most painful scene ever!!.

Also I totally agree with JoePritchard about the Blackadder scene when they go over the top - it's one of the saddest moments in TV history.

timo
21-02-2005, 21:06
Jonsastar,
Your phrase, "Near death by buggery" would make a superb title for a Death Metal band's album!

jonsastar
23-02-2005, 13:02
I had better patent the idea then before some one pinches it.

jonsastar
23-02-2005, 13:03
Originally posted by snatchbane

Dude, thats so wrong, :(

timo
23-02-2005, 13:45
Wrong it may be, but I must admit that I laughed out loud.

Litha
23-02-2005, 14:30
Originally posted by Lestat
What about the last scene in 'Braveheart' . . . probably the longest and most painful scene ever!!.

Also I totally agree with JoePritchard about the Blackadder scene when they go over the top - it's one of the saddest moments in TV history.

ive only watched the ending of braveheart once cos i was absolutly cryin me eyes out, its one of my fave films but i always end it before the last bit now.
ive never watched Bambi again since i was very young for the same reason :cry: :cry: :cry:

Litha

Lily04
23-02-2005, 15:25
Originally posted by Edd
Monte Burns in the simpsons.....classic whodunnit :P :suspect:
have to agree with Edd, by the way who did it!?

Lily04
23-02-2005, 15:26
Originally posted by Lestat

couldn't watch it, Mel is to cute to get hurt! Really don't wanna know what they did, all I know is that he was yelling quite loud! they didn't cut off his "manhood," did they!?

Miss
23-02-2005, 16:28
Originally posted by Lily04
have to agree with Edd, by the way who did it!?

Maggie!

thai
23-02-2005, 20:45
what about ednas dog

Kristian
23-02-2005, 21:01
Originally posted by thai
what about ednas dog

Are you on the right thread here thai? :huh:

K x

cgksheff
23-02-2005, 21:10
Originally posted by thai
what about ednas dog

"Batley proved to be Top Dog at the British Soap Awards on Saturday when he scooped the gong for Best Exit. His final scenes moved the voting panel - and the audience - and his moment of glory was met with a standing ovation."

"Woof, woof .......aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgh!" (http://www.emmerdale.org/emmerdale/profiles_animals/batley.htm)

Kristian
23-02-2005, 21:18
Originally posted by cgksheff
"Batley proved to be Top Dog at the British Soap Awards on Saturday when he scooped the gong for Best Exit. His final scenes moved the voting panel - and the audience - and his moment of glory was met with a standing ovation."

"Woof, woof .......aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgh!" (http://www.emmerdale.org/emmerdale/profiles_animals/batley.htm)

Aah - geddit now! :thumbsup:

K x

Lestat
23-02-2005, 21:57
Originally posted by Lily04
couldn't watch it, Mel is to cute to get hurt! Really don't wanna know what they did, all I know is that he was yelling quite loud! they didn't cut off his "manhood," did they!?

He was hung, drawn and quartered - his head was placed on London bridge and his limbs at the four corners of Britain . . . . .

abit like waking up on a Saturday morning after a top night out.

rudedude1979
25-02-2005, 12:55
This is where I make myself look like a complete pedant and anorak; however, the episode of 'Prisoner: Cell Block H' where Myra Desmond got shot was really horrid, and made me feel sick because I completely didn't see it coming.

I STILL have that episode on video :blush: albeit tucked in a box in the attic somewhere! I seem to remember the line was "I love you too Clarkey"

In my own defence, I was an impressionable adolescent at the time, and am no longer an obsessed fan! Apart from Desperate Housewives of course!

K x

and here was me thinking i was the only cell block h fan in the world. last episode was a stonker!!

Kristian
25-02-2005, 13:03
I LOVED Prisoner sooo much. I can't believe it's not on any of the satellite channels anymore. :mad:

Anyone who feels strongly that it should be brought back should click here! (http://www.prisoner-cellblockh.co.uk/pcbhcampaign.html)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

K x

roughy101
25-02-2005, 20:48
Oh prisoer cell blockH,lzzie,Vinegar Tits,Top dog bea,I loved monday nights.
back to the thread though the best for me was trevor jordach being stabbed and put under the patio in brookside, happened again this week though on eastenders, den murdered and put under concrete in the cellar.

Miss
28-02-2005, 18:55
I LOVED Prisoner sooo much. I can't believe it's not on any of the satellite channels anymore. :mad:

Anyone who feels strongly that it should be brought back should click here! (http://www.prisoner-cellblockh.co.uk/pcbhcampaign.html)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

K x

Did I hear correctly that Harold Bishop was in Prisoner???

jonsastar
28-02-2005, 18:59
Harold was Bee, they just painted his hair red, or was he the beast..? not sure now.

Kristian
28-02-2005, 19:38

Yes he was; he played Ted Douglas from "The Department"

Yeay :clap: I've gone all nostalgic :clap:

K x

Kristian
28-02-2005, 19:47
And going back to topic, I'm quite looking forward to Tommy Harris dying on Corrie! He really winds me up!

The actor that plays him used to live in Hillsborough IIRC. I'm sure he's nothing like his character!

K x

Miss
28-02-2005, 20:10
And going back to topic, I'm quite looking forward to Tommy Harris dying on Corrie! He really winds me up!

The actor that plays him used to live in Hillsborough IIRC. I'm sure he's nothing like his character!

K x

When that family first came into it, I remember Janice saying that, "They're from that Hunters Bar area, it's dead posh there" (Janice with her vast Sheffield knowledge after planning to elope here with Dennis before he died)... My mum was straight on the phone, and told all her friends that her daughter lived near there. Oh dear...

PS, Kristian, I agree... Hurrah for the death of Tommy "2 tone"* Harris. Apparently, it's Katie who kills him.

* Two tone so called because he only has two tones of voice - loud and louder.

Kristian
28-02-2005, 20:17

PS, Kristian, I agree... Hurrah for the death of Tommy "2 tone"* Harris. Apparently, it's Katie who kills him.

There's more than that to it Miss; there's a spoiler here (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/corrie/) if you're interested!

K x

SpiderPete
27-08-2005, 23:59
Lets revive an old post.

I did a search on Prisoner cell Block H and here it is.

I never missed a single episode of it, was sad to see Bee Smith go.

and wasnt Ferguson a bitch.

Some of the people went or came from Neightbours and Home and Away.

Relive the plastic walls in Prisoner (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077064/)

See how many you remember from the link above appeared in Neighbours.

Abdul
28-08-2005, 18:41
Errrmmm... nobody's mentioned John Hurt's death in Alien, when the unfortunate sod gives birth to that... thing

smelley_cat1
28-08-2005, 21:05
what about good old richard hillman - one of the best phycos out there and crashing into a river and attempting to kill all of the Platts (wish hed have succeeded!) that was one quality death scene.

The slow motion crash into the canal was a classic. The tune in the car was quality too!

:P

Saifa
29-08-2005, 00:18
Originally posted by timo
I agree with Joe here re Blackadder. I am not exactly noted for sentimentalism, but the scene genuinely moved me. It serves as a reminder that Britain [and most probably Germany, France etc] lost the physical 'cream' of a generation in that ludicrous war. It really does make one feel like weeping.

Another scene is the ending of the film, 'The Wicker Man', in which Edward Woodward's christian copper is burnt alive by the pagan inhabitants of Summerisle.

Wholeheartedly agree with Timo on both of those. I can't think of any better.

Kristian
29-08-2005, 00:19
I really should add Ali's untimely death on Cutting It season four; it was such a shock, and the resulting funeral had me in absolute floods of tears! :(

K x