Repairs to electric scooters

Can anyone recommend anywhere to service/repair electric scooters/wheelchairs . I work for social services and over the last few weeks i have been asked this question a few times . I know Clarke and Partners and healthy living center in the Wicker do repairs / servicing but their prices are a bit high for some of our clients, one client was quoted £120 for the call out fee alone. Just wondered if anyone on here have used an independent reliable mechanic. Thanks

Can anyone recommend anywhere to service/repair electric scooters/wheelchairs . I work for social services and over the last few weeks i have been asked this question a few times . I know Clarke and Partners and healthy living center in the Wicker do repairs / servicing but their prices are a bit high for some of our clients, one client was quoted £120 for the call out fee alone. Just wondered if anyone on here have used an independent reliable mechanic. Thanks

Hi Bev, I can recommend a bloke called Steve wright aka the scooterman in Sheffield who we have used on quite a few occasions when my Mums scooter has needed fixing/new batteries etc.

The last time we took the scooter to him for a new wheel, we asked him how much and he just said oh buy us a drink the next time you see us.

His wife has MS and they have done a lot of fundraising.

http://www.healthdiaries.com/ms/sylvie/archives/2004/06/life_after_ms.html

He's very good price wise and always makes time to explain how to get the very best out of your scooter. His tel is 0114 272 6619

Good Luck

Hi labyrinth , thank you very much for this . i will ring him to see of its ok to pass his number on to any clients. :)

Thank You Blue-cat thats great ,:)

Yeah steve wright from fairprice mobility is great he should be back from america now if not Tom will sort you out. Great value for money too im selling a second hand mercury m36 if you know anyone looking its for the road or pavement with indecators and wing mirrors and puncture proof tyres. PS Dont go near clarkes and partners there bloody expensive and charge over the top prices for my liking.

PS Dont go near clarkes and partners there bloody expensive and charge over the top prices for my liking.

You're telling me, When we took my mum on holiday she had a puncture and we needed to get an inner tube and Clarkes charged us £12 for it. We got a tyre and inner tube from Steve and it was free!

Looks like steve is the man :thumbsup:

yeah I love steve hes fantastic ive just baught the new shoprider cadobra its brilliant. The thing with steve is his dress sence its mad sometimes but he treats you well and will do anything to make sure he can help, his wife is lovely too.