View Full Version : March 9th octagon kickboxing show

shafique
24-12-2007, 09:35
showdown events is back March 9th at the Octagon with Showdown 3!!
which could be featuring a world title kickboxing fight watch this space for more info!!!!!!

yorkie030
24-12-2007, 10:03
which could be featuring a world title kickboxing fight watch this space for more info!!!!!!

Nice one Shafique, you can count me in! :thumbsup:

chefkicker
24-12-2007, 11:29

Nice one Shafique
Count me in too, save me a VIP Table.
AFK Fighters will not fight on this event, we will be putting our fighters on our own show 3 weeks earlier.

Who is the world title bout?

yorkie030
24-12-2007, 11:43
Nice one Shafique
Count me in too, save me a VIP Table.
AFK Fighters will not fight on this event, we will be putting our fighters on our own show 3 weeks earlier.

Who is the world title bout?

Give us a shout when your show is on too Chef :thumbsup:

chefkicker
24-12-2007, 12:27
Give us a shout when your show is on too Chef :thumbsup:

Do you wanna sit at our table with danny on shafiques show matey?
I think its 7 or 8 to a table. The munch prolly wont be as good as at our show ;) But should still be a good night out.
What do you say ?

yorkie030
24-12-2007, 12:49
Do you wanna sit at our table with danny on shafiques show matey?
I think its 7 or 8 to a table. The munch prolly wont be as good as at our show ;) But should still be a good night out.
What do you say ?

I'm up for that Boss, save me & Danny a seat then! :D

superstar1
26-12-2007, 22:21
Excellent,
you guys put on a great show last time well wort the £20 so cant wait for the next one,
will there be some titles on again and which clubs from sheffield will be taking part.

jediwarrior
27-12-2007, 00:36
on a Sunday that's unusual

shafique
27-12-2007, 09:04
on a Sunday that's unusual

Sunday is the only day available and the world title fight cannot be named yet but as soon as it can be i will put it up

shafique
03-01-2008, 09:07
Excellent,
you guys put on a great show last time well wort the £20 so cant wait for the next one,
will there be some titles on again and which clubs from sheffield will be taking part.

A number of Sheffield clubs will be taking part once we have confirmation we will put themn up

chefkicker
03-01-2008, 13:40
A number of Sheffield clubs will be taking part once we have confirmation we will put themn up

Save us that table Mr Shafique junior ;)
We'll be there. As spectators of course. But a few of our lads will have their kit bags with them (just like Sunny Singh did last time) in case theres a pull out.

jediwarrior
03-01-2008, 17:04
Ive posted it on my forum so u may get some enquries about figters or even tickets Shaffique need some more info mate if and when you get it

Steve70
04-01-2008, 23:01
Count me in, will the price be the same as last time, it was a great night some excellent fights, you lads have got the recipe for a great show.

Sierra
06-01-2008, 05:39
Mod. note

This thread is to advertise the March 9 kickboxing show. Please gents let's keep personal grievances OFF the forum!

Thanks

Steve70
06-01-2008, 21:19
Sorry Sierra, cant understand why you edited my post, i know i didnt insult any one but said i would like to see Sheffield fighters rather than fighters from out of town!

Please pm me to tell me what i did wrong?

shafique
08-01-2008, 16:38
NEWS NEWS NEWS

We have confirmation of the world title fight the current I.S.K.A world champion
Waine "home boy" Turner will be fighting March 9th he is one of the biggest names in kickboxing at present!!!!!!!!!!!!

watch this space for more news

yorkie030
08-01-2008, 17:01
NEWS NEWS NEWS

We have confirmation of the world title fight the current I.S.K.A world champion
Waine "home boy" Turner will be fighting March 9th he is one of the biggest names in kickboxing at present!!!!!!!!!!!!

watch this space for more news

'We're in for a really good night then Safique- Nice one!' :thumbsup:

shafique
08-01-2008, 17:10
'We're in for a really good night then Safique- Nice one!' :thumbsup:

Ye should be the fight will be 12 2 min rounds

Steve70
08-01-2008, 21:52
Nice one lads, he's been around for a long time, supposed to be a fantastic fighter, who is his opponent.

Its about time Sheffield fighters fought on world class bills with the big boys.

Well done.

shafique
09-01-2008, 08:49
Nice one lads, he's been around for a long time, supposed to be a fantastic fighter, who is his opponent.

Its about time Sheffield fighters fought on world class bills with the big boys.

Well done.

Hi
He is fighting the current number 1 in Great Britain
Marlon "the Game" Hunt from worksop

clo_bo
09-01-2008, 10:06
oohhh, I have seen him fight before - should be a good un :thumbsup:

shafique
09-01-2008, 11:31
oohhh, I have seen him fight before - should be a good un :thumbsup:

which fighter

clo_bo
09-01-2008, 12:08
marlon hunt

shafique
09-01-2008, 12:23
marlon hunt

wait until you see waine he is class

clo_bo
09-01-2008, 12:25
anyone else been matched up yet?

shafique
09-01-2008, 12:27
anyone else been matched up yet?

Just starting to now should no more in a week or so!!!!!!!

chefkicker
09-01-2008, 12:44
Hi
He is fighting the current number 1 in Great Britain
Marlon "the Game" Hunt from worksop

I have heard of Marlon Hunt. He isnt from worksop is he? I thought he was based in Ipswich!!!
:confused:

chefkicker
09-01-2008, 12:44
wait until you see waine he is class

I have seen Wayne Turner fight quite a few times, also in K-1 sanctioned events.

clo_bo
09-01-2008, 12:53
I have heard of Marlon Hunt. He isnt from worksop is he? I thought he was based in Ipswich!!!
:confused:

I haven't a clue...saw him fight when went to watch Dean Sugden v Lex Easdon in Newark - good fighter

shafique
09-01-2008, 13:08
I have seen Wayne Turner fight quite a few times, also in K-1 sanctioned events.

what did u think to him

chefkicker
09-01-2008, 13:09
I haven't a clue...saw him fight when went to watch Dean Sugden v Lex Easdon in Newark - good fighter

Do you travel to shows a lot? I remember the Dean Sugden Vs Lex Easdon fight. I wasnt there but some people i know were fighting on the same show.

clo_bo
09-01-2008, 13:14
no, I managed to bag some free tickets for this show - my mate was ring girl for sugden fight....
who do you know that fought on same show? can remember most of the fights....

chefkicker
09-01-2008, 13:24
Let me think,
Shawn "Boom Boom" Burton about 10 stones.
I shared a dressing room with him a few times. He was starting out when i was more or less finishing off. I get on with shawns family really well they are really nice people. His cousins Arron and Sarah Robinson are also good fighters. Sarah has fought at mine before.

Steve Swinburne , he fought a good mate of mine. Also I was offered to fight him for a British title fight . I was unable to take the fight as it was during the beginning of Ramadan (muslim fasting period). The lincoln camp were understanding of that and really nice about it.

Leif Taggart , he fought on my November show, 2006 (opened the show up) but was outboxed and closed down quite a bit despite his kicking. That was the show with the riot.

Jade "Laila Ali" Grierson fought at mine in the past too, she KO'd a woman who was a black belt 3rd dan with a head kick!

Also Kevin Beckett who i know from fighting. Hes a skinhead guy.

clo_bo
09-01-2008, 13:28
Let me think,
I shared a dressing room with him a few times. He was starting out when i was more or less finishing off. I get on with shawns family really well they are really nice people. His cousins Arron and Sarah Robinson are also good fighters. Sarah has fought at mine before.

Steve Swinburne , he fought a good mate of mine. Also I was offered to fight him for a British title fight . I was unable to take the fight as it was during the beginning of Ramadan (muslim fasting period). The lincoln camp were understanding of that and really nice about it.

Leif Taggart , he fought on my November show, 2006 (opened the show up) but was outboxed and closed down quite a bit despite his kicking. That was the show with the riot.

Jade "Laila Ali" Grierson fought at mine in the past too, she KO'd a woman who was a black belt 3rd dan with a head kick!

I can remember the Shawn Burton fight - he fought a mate of his I think...and Leif Taggart.
dunno about Steve Swinburne or Kevin Beckett.
Jade was brilliant, only about 15 or something is that right? Great fighter!!

chefkicker
09-01-2008, 13:29
I can remember the Shawn Burton fight - he fought a mate of his I think...and Leif Taggart.
dunno about Steve Swinburne or Kevin Beckett.
Jade was brilliant, only about 15 or something is that right? Great fighter!!

Jade is probably 16 now. Shawn Burton , everyone can remember him, he has the same entrance all the time. Yeah me and old boom boom go way back!
He played a bad practical joke on me at one show :hihi:

yorkie030
09-01-2008, 13:32
Let me think,

Wow! :wow: 'You've certainly been about a bit Chef.' :wink:

chefkicker
09-01-2008, 13:35
Wow! :wow: 'You've certainly been about a bit Chef.' :wink:

Well fighting wise i did play about with the various different competitive systems. Some of them came about out of necessity!!! Example, there was that time down in surrey when i went down as a spectator and there were only 4 fights on. The promoter was desperate for a 66kg fighter as someone pulled out on the day as he "didnt feel like it". Who do you think everyone looked at then? I even tried the excuse "i havent got any sparring gear" , that didnt work as foot pads and shinpads werent required and they were willing to supply the gloves and groin guard!
:hihi:

Steve70
09-01-2008, 22:25
What about the local kickboxing clubs taking part, this event should put Sheffield on the kickboxing Map, so i hope we get chance to see some home grown talent, after all there are some good clubs in Sheffield, perhaps some KKB fighters as well.

chefkicker
09-01-2008, 22:46
What about the local kickboxing clubs taking part, this event should put Sheffield on the kickboxing Map, so i hope we get chance to see some home grown talent, after all there are some good clubs in Sheffield, perhaps some KKB fighters as well.

You should know more about which clubs are taking part than i will.
Why do you keep pushing this issue. Will you stop beating about the bush and tell me the real reason?

shafique
10-01-2008, 09:20
Hi we should at least already have 5 of Sheffield's kickboxing clubs takin part hopefully more

This event should be huge and better than before

chefkicker
10-01-2008, 09:20
Hi we should at least already have 5 of Sheffield's kickboxing clubs takin part hopefully more

This event should be huge and better than before

Which 5 are these?

shafique
10-01-2008, 10:11
Which 5 are these?

Hi

Once we have confirmation of fights they will be posted

Tanya T 1
10-01-2008, 11:10
Looking forward to the event! Have you got any fighters lined up from from Marsden's or SDF and who is fighting from Sheffield Academy, any ideas as yet? :D

shafique
10-01-2008, 11:26
Looking forward to the event! Have you got any fighters lined up from from Marsden's or SDF and who is fighting from Sheffield Academy, any ideas as yet? :D

The fighters so far could be
Scott SDF
Alex SDF
Paul SDF
Jo SDF

Chloe Marsdens
Julian Marsdens
Simon Marsdens

Adam Sheffield Academy
Waj Sheffield Academy
Ollie Sheffield Academy

None of the above are confirmed yet many more wanting to fight

yorkie030
12-01-2008, 14:55
Scott SDF
Alex SDF
Paul SDF
Jo SDF

Chloe Marsdens
Julian Marsdens
Simon Marsdens

Adam Sheffield Academy
Waj Sheffield Academy
Ollie Sheffield Academy

Quality line up Shafique! :thumbsup:

Kieran101
17-01-2008, 10:14
It's been a week since possible fighters for this event were listed. Is there any more news?

jediwarrior
18-01-2008, 15:30
i know wayne from when he was in the aston black dragons with pele reid. Should be a good night

http://martialartsforum.me.uk/

sunnysingh
18-01-2008, 19:15
I see the event is going to be on a sunday so I should be able to make a journey up from Leicester :) .Sounds like some great fighters going to be on the Show.. Are any AFK fighters going to be on the show?

jediwarrior
19-01-2008, 13:43
i`ll be going to watch and wander if it will be better than thelast

shafique
21-01-2008, 18:23
I see the event is going to be on a sunday so I should be able to make a journey up from Leicester :) .Sounds like some great fighters going to be on the Show.. Are any AFK fighters going to be on the show?

we wud luv some AFK fighters to fight if any one to???

shafique
23-01-2008, 17:25
Other fighters also featuring on the night will be
Jason Curtis
Greg Darmon
Chris Deakin
and more

superstar1
23-01-2008, 22:32
Hey ive seen these guys fight at the last show down they are awsome,

Cant wait to watch the World title fight I also read about Wain Turner in a Fighters magazine a coulpe of months back.

I ve been googling these names and these three are British Champions/ title holders
Going to be a great evening.

Tanya T 1
24-01-2008, 07:23
Scott SDF
Alex SDF
Paul SDF
Jo SDF

Chloe Marsdens
Julian Marsdens
Simon Marsdens

Adam Sheffield Academy
Waj Sheffield Academy
Ollie Sheffield Academy

Some fantastic fighters there Shafique, looking forward to the event!!

shafique
24-01-2008, 10:22
Jason Curtis v Greg Darmon what a fight that will be any predictions on who would win????

chefkicker
24-01-2008, 12:26
we wud luv some AFK fighters to fight if any one to???

AFK Fighters have been confirmed for this event.
Scot Hickling
Ehssan Fiaz
Yousif Ibrahim

clo_bo
24-01-2008, 12:34
how many fights are on?

shafique
24-01-2008, 14:02
how many fights are on?

14 Fights including 1 world title fight 2 prestige fights and more!!!
Fight i am looking forward to watching is
Simon Marsden v Adam Lawrence

yorkie030
24-01-2008, 14:06

Best one yet eh! :thumbsup:

clo_bo
24-01-2008, 14:07

should be a good show!!!

I am looking forward to that one too....is everyone pretty much matched up now then?

shafique
24-01-2008, 14:25
should be a good show!!!

I am looking forward to that one too....is everyone pretty much matched up now then?

im looking forward to
chloe v maggie

chefkicker
25-01-2008, 13:34

For this particular match the possibilities are endless!!!

shafique
25-01-2008, 16:40
For this particular match the possibilities are endless!!!

whats your verdict tho

Freddylee
26-01-2008, 10:55

which world title is it? is it a wako one or just some other of the many billions of world titles? Who the hell is adam lawrence? i know simon marsden is that karate instructor who got a club at norton college julian is a good fighter too.

shafique
27-01-2008, 18:49
which world title is it? is it a wako one or just some other of the many billions of world titles? Who the hell is adam lawrence? i know simon marsden is that karate instructor who got a club at norton college julian is a good fighter too.

It is a WFKKO world title fight between Waine Turner and Marlon Hunt

Kieran101
29-01-2008, 10:42
Some good fights to look forward to :). Any more fights confirmed? Has anyone got any predictions? Finally going to be able to make this event.

shafique
05-02-2008, 10:22
WFKKO World title fight
Waine "homeboy" Turner v Marlon "The Game" Hunt

Chris Deakin (wako and bfkko bristish champion) v Kevin Beckett
Alex Mckenzie (SDF) v Lee Liversey (re match from showdown 2)
Simon Marsden (marsdens allstyle) v Adam Lawrence (SAMA)
Chloe Taylor (marsden allstyle) v Maggie Dunbavin
Steven Greensmith v Greg Darmon
James Wilson (black dragons) v Dan "prettyboy" Khan (SAMA)

Scott Sykes
Paul Cropper
Wajid Shafique
and more fighters yet to be confirmed

chefkicker
06-02-2008, 16:13
WFKKO World title fight

Scott Sykes
Paul Cropper
Wajid Shafique

Slight Error there,
James Wilson does NOT train at or fight for Black Dragons.
This has come from Claude himself!
Just thought i would make thet clear.

shafique
06-02-2008, 16:24
Slight Error there,
James Wilson does NOT train at or fight for Black Dragons.
This has come from Claude himself!
Just thought i would make thet clear.

Bit strange when i was there the other day where he was been trained at black dragons

shafique
10-02-2008, 12:51
tickets are on sale and going fast the vip tables have all gone!!! get your tickets quick

chefkicker
10-02-2008, 13:45
tickets are on sale and going fast the vip tables have all gone!!! get your tickets quick

Hang on a second, i told you to save our club a VIP table earlier, look back at the thread.

shafique
11-02-2008, 08:57
Hang on a second, i told you to save our club a VIP table earlier, look back at the thread.

Hi

Don't worry i have saved you a table

chefkicker
11-02-2008, 13:19
Hi

Don't worry i have saved you a table

Thank you shafique you legend!!! :thumbsup:

chefkicker
11-02-2008, 13:54
WFKKO World title fight

Scott Sykes
Paul Cropper
Wajid Shafique

Predictions :
Chris Deakin beats Kev Beckett by decision . I like Kev hes a sound guy and a good fighter but i think Deakin's ringcraft overall gives him that little step above.

Alex McKenzie wins by TKO in round 1 again. If this fight is last ill make sure weve all cleared the table first!

Dan Khan kicks the **** out of James Wilson . James Wilson has been down to claudes once or twice a month and Claude does not want his name to be associated with this fight (straight from the horses mouth). Not wanting to take anything from anyone but to put the "Black Dragons" name next to this match is insulting and makes people think they are a club full of bums.

Greg Darmon Beats Steve Greensmith comfortably. (despite needing a 6 inch step ladder to stand on )

Chloe Taylor Vs Maggie from manchester is anyone's game. Maggie is better schooled with her boxing and overall ringcraft but all it takes in Light Contact is a few pretty looking high kicks to connect to take the round.

PAul Cropper : fighting is the last thing on his mind right now, hope his situation sorts itself out soon. Anyone who is a friend send him a card or go and see him , this is the time the brother needs you the most.

Scott Sykes = He is the man! Lets worry about how much of Scot is left over after his ISKA title fight first :hihi:
(The ISKA British title is THE most prestigious title in Britain PERIOD! No one can dispute that.)
Seriously though , this man is going places.Put any of those thaiboxers in the UK top ten rankings in with him.
Im sure he will soon show them what Thaiboxing is !

Wajid Shaffique , depends which Waj turns up and what kind of opponent you put him with. If you give him a Novice its a stitch up and if you put a good fighter with him, hell be overwhelmed so Waj needs to be matched with care and caution (a fighter with 3 or 4 Full Contact fights at least)

Simon Marsden V s Adam Lawrence.
Everyone is putting their money on Simon due to his experience.
I say dont underestimate Adam Lawrence he could well cause an upset.
The odds are 60-40 in Simons favour but a lot of people have overlooked that Adam has faced stronger oppostion in :

1.Davis Kamara
2.Afjol Miah
3.Rob Collar

Also youth is on Adams side , this will be a re run of Anakin Skywalker Vs Count Dooku !

shafique
12-02-2008, 16:05
Predictions :
Chris Deakin beats Kev Beckett by decision . I like Kev hes a sound guy and a good fighter but i think Deakin's ringcraft overall gives him that little step above.

Alex McKenzie wins by TKO in round 1 again. If this fight is last ill make sure weve all cleared the table first!

Dan Khan kicks the **** out of James Wilson . James Wilson has been down to claudes once or twice a month and Claude does not want his name to be associated with this fight (straight from the horses mouth). Not wanting to take anything from anyone but to put the "Black Dragons" name next to this match is insulting and makes people think they are a club full of bums.

Greg Darmon Beats Steve Greensmith comfortably. (despite needing a 6 inch step ladder to stand on )

Chloe Taylor Vs Maggie from manchester is anyone's game. Maggie is better schooled with her boxing and overall ringcraft but all it takes in Light Contact is a few pretty looking high kicks to connect to take the round.

PAul Cropper : fighting is the last thing on his mind right now, hope his situation sorts itself out soon. Anyone who is a friend send him a card or go and see him , this is the time the brother needs you the most.

Scott Sykes = He is the man! Lets worry about how much of Scot is left over after his ISKA title fight first :hihi:
(The ISKA British title is THE most prestigious title in Britain PERIOD! No one can dispute that.)
Seriously though , this man is going places.Put any of those thaiboxers in the UK top ten rankings in with him.
Im sure he will soon show them what Thaiboxing is !

Wajid Shaffique , depends which Waj turns up and what kind of opponent you put him with. If you give him a Novice its a stitch up and if you put a good fighter with him, hell be overwhelmed so Waj needs to be matched with care and caution (a fighter with 3 or 4 Full Contact fights at least)

Simon Marsden V s Adam Lawrence.
Everyone is putting their money on Simon due to his experience.
I say dont underestimate Adam Lawrence he could well cause an upset.
The odds are 60-40 in Simons favour but a lot of people have overlooked that Adam has faced stronger oppostion in :

1.Davis Kamara
2.Afjol Miah
3.Rob Collar

Also youth is on Adams side , this will be a re run of Anakin Skywalker Vs Count Dooku !

What about the world title fight???

shafique
14-02-2008, 15:25
Fight card so far

Nakash v Jack Stephenson
(Sheffield Acadmey) (Kokoro)

Student Showdown

James Wilson v Dan "prettyboy" Khan
(Sheffield Student) (Leeds student)

Maggie Dunbavin v Chloe Taylor
(Manchester cobras) (Marsden Allstyle)

Wajid Shafique v TBC
(sheffield Academy)

Ashley Duxbury v Jed
(Kokoro) (Buxton Academy)

John Dyson v TBC
(Sheffield Acadmey)

Demo
Lief Taggart v Kerry Louise Norbray

Aaron Bothamley v TBC
(Buxton Acadmey)

Paul Cropper v TBC
(SDF)

Simon Marsden v Adam "Reaper" Lawrence
(Marsden Allstyle) (Sheffield Acadmey)

(Team Select Manchester) (Impact gym lincolnshire)

Scott Sykes v TBC
stormforce and BFKKO
british champion
SDF Sheffield

Kevin Beckett v Chris Deakin
(Lincoln) (WAKO and BFKKO British champion)

Lee Liversey v Alex Mckenzie
(Blackpool) (BFKKO British champion)
(SDF sheffield)

WFKKO World title
Marlon "the game" Hunt v Waine "the homeboy" Turner
(Red Pheonix and) (ISKA World champion)
(Black Dragons) (Birmingham martial arts centre)

Should be a great show featuring 3 British champions and a world champion

chefkicker
15-02-2008, 10:59
Fight card so far

Nakash v Jack Stephenson
(Sheffield Acadmey) (Kokoro)

Student Showdown

James Wilson v Dan "prettyboy" Khan
(Sheffield Student) (Leeds student)

(Manchester cobras) (Marsden Allstyle)

Wajid Shafique v TBC
(sheffield Academy)

Ashley Duxbury v Jed
(Kokoro) (Buxton Academy)

John Dyson v TBC
(Sheffield Acadmey)

Demo
Lief Taggart v Kerry Louise Norbray

Aaron Bothamley v TBC
(Buxton Acadmey)

Paul Cropper v TBC
(SDF)

Simon Marsden v Adam "Reaper" Lawrence
(Marsden Allstyle) (Sheffield Acadmey)

(Team Select Manchester) (Impact gym lincolnshire)

Scott Sykes v TBC
stormforce and BFKKO
british champion
SDF Sheffield

Kevin Beckett v Chris Deakin
(Lincoln) (WAKO and BFKKO British champion)

Lee Liversey v Alex Mckenzie
(Blackpool) (BFKKO British champion)
(SDF sheffield)

WFKKO World title
Marlon "the game" Hunt v Waine "the homeboy" Turner
(Red Pheonix and) (ISKA World champion)
(Black Dragons) (Birmingham martial arts centre)

Should be a great show featuring 3 British champions and a world champion

That TBC guy sounds like a tough guy ;)

honestjoe69
15-02-2008, 11:03
Predictions :

!

We don't need 'James Wilson's' name to be associated with the Blackdragons to think they are a club full of bums!! :hihi:

Honestly though, Blackdragons are a nice bunch of people and offer a great fitness work out but they don't exactly produce fighters so its unfair placing their name next to the AFK and Laugar clubs.

chefkicker
15-02-2008, 11:16
We don't need 'James Wilson's' name to be associated with the Blackdragons to think they are a club full of bums!! :hihi:

Honestly though, Blackdragons are a nice bunch of people and offer a great fitness work out but they don't exactly produce fighters so its unfair placing their name next to the AFK and Laugar clubs.

Hence why James Wilson is noted down as a Sheffield Student.
Once again , James Wilson does NOT fight out of the Sheffield Hallam University kickboxing club (that club is affiliated to AFK) so his standard should not be seen to represent either the Black Dragons or the Hallam Uni clubs.
James has attended a handful (and i do mean a handful ) of sessions at both clubs (mostly once a month more than once a week)

If Dan is an absolute beginner as well then I guess it wont matter too much.
Personally neither me nor Claude deemed James to be in any fit state to compete, that is not a malicious statement just our honest and professional viewpoint.
The Sheffield Hallam branch of AFK has turned out a LOT of fighters to a decent standard, the most recent examples are Sunny "The Snake" Singh (35 fights undefeated) , Neil Topping (conqueror of instructors) and Peter Day (who will be fighting tomorrow night).

I am simply stating the honest truth above and mean no malice towards any club or promoter. If people want to put people on shows that is THEIR responsibility.

shafique
19-02-2008, 09:13
Hence why James Wilson is noted down as a Sheffield Student.
Once again , James Wilson does NOT fight out of the Sheffield Hallam University kickboxing club (that club is affiliated to AFK) so his standard should not be seen to represent either the Black Dragons or the Hallam Uni clubs.
James has attended a handful (and i do mean a handful ) of sessions at both clubs (mostly once a month more than once a week) and I did not even consider him suitable to attempt to go for his first grade despite the fact that he says he had trained in something or some description before.
If Dan is an absolute beginner as well then I guess it wont matter too much.
Personally neither me nor Claude deemed James to be in any fit state to compete, that is not a malicious statement just our honest and professional viewpoint.
The Sheffield Hallam branch of AFK has turned out a LOT of fighters to a decent standard, the most recent examples are Sunny "The Snake" Singh (35 fights undefeated) , Neil Topping (conqueror of instructors) and Peter Day (who will be fighting tomorrow night).

I am simply stating the honest truth above and mean no malice towards any club or promoter. If people want to put people on shows that is THEIR responsibility.

Everbody has there own opinion

shafique
19-02-2008, 09:13
all fights are confirmed watch this space for the fight card

shafique
20-02-2008, 14:52
Check out Marlon "the game" Hunts interview coming upto his world title fight against Waine "the homeboy" Turner at Showdown 3

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qAg4ifI2zjw

chefkicker
25-02-2008, 17:03
He was not fighting for a BFKKO title he already holds that and actually now he is not fighting he has had to pull out due to injury

I will be there too just for a good night out with the lads and to put my feet up and chill out.
Good luck to everyone especially Scot Sykes and Adam Lawrence!!!
RE: Injury, shafique: Dont you mean the 28 day suspension rule? Assuming you too work by the same guidelines?

shafique
28-02-2008, 10:18
Jack Stephenson V John Crawley
Kokoro Sheffield Academy of martial arts

STUDENT SHOWDOWN

James Wilson v Dan “prettyboy” Khan
Sheffield Student Leeds Student

Manchester Cobras Marsden Allstyle

Joe Mcgovern v TBC
SDF

Wajid Shafique v TBC
Sheffield Academy Martial Arts

Ashley Duxbury v Jed Potts
Kokoro Buxton Academy

Andy Guest V John Dyson
St George Sheffield Academy Martial arts

Jason Greensmith V Aaron Bothamley
Team Select Manchester Buxton Academy of Martial Arts

Shaun Clarke v Paul Cropper
Studio 2000 Derby SDF

Simon Marsden v Adam “Reaper” Lawrence
Marsden Allstyles Sheffield academy martial arts

Team Select Manchester Impact gym Lincolnshire

Alix James v Scott Sykes
Studio 2000 derby Stormforce, BFKKO,ISKA British champ

World Title Fight

Marlon “The Game” Hunt v Waine “Homeboy” Turner
Red Phoenix Academy ISKA world champion
And Black Dragons Birmingham Martial Arts centre

Della
28-02-2008, 14:11
Looking forward to march 9 top fight card.

shafique
28-02-2008, 14:39
Looking forward to march 9 top fight card.

have u been to both previuos shows then

Della
28-02-2008, 14:51
have u been to both previuos shows then

Yes, thought they were fantastic, best venue by far, atmosphere always electric, showdown events in my opinion are set to get better and better.

afhussain
28-02-2008, 19:17
Come on lets get behind James Wilson! He's reppin Sheffield!

chefkicker
28-02-2008, 21:34
Come on lets get behind James Wilson! He's reppin Sheffield!

BOO No way! Daniel Khan all the way!!!

afhussain
28-02-2008, 22:19
surely hes not that bad if hes been selected to represent hallam uni...i was told that a lot of people applied but James Wilson was selected so surely he musnt be that bad?

chefkicker
28-02-2008, 22:48
surely hes not that bad if hes been selected to represent hallam uni...i was told that a lot of people applied but James Wilson was selected so surely he musnt be that bad?

Are you serious :confused:
Or is this a wind up?

The sheffield Hallam University club has produced literally loads of decent fighters , even university CHAMPIONS.

Examples :

Sunny the Snake Singh who never lost a fight , even gave weight away to a thaiboxer and still won even though he took the bout on short notice.
Mike Neal = thai boxing record of 3 wins and a draw and also won the university championships in the -84kg division. , Greg Cain former heavyweight champion , Holly Mason 2 times british university champion (also represented Great Britain in france) , Neil Topping (drew with MMA legend Mark Spencer , beat Dion Oakes, both under K-1 Rules) also competed in San-Da in China.

James Wilson is nowhere near the calibre of even the NOVICE fighters at the club. The question is WHO selected him to represent Hallam uni, the only reason i can think of is that he is a complete novice (just like Daniel Khan) and the same weight.

Have you trained with James? If you know anything about kickboxing you will see what i mean. James in my opinion , no disrespect intended but he is probably just about ready for his first grading i.e. his WHITE belt . That's all. I dont doubt his courage for stepping into the ring to get a kicking from Dan (which is what i think will happen) but there is NO WAY his standard should be taken to represent that of Sheffield Hallam university kickboxing !!!

The Immortal
28-02-2008, 22:50
The matchmaking for the student showdown leaves much to be desired. I understand James Wilson has less experience than this Khan fella. Would somebody like to explain the records for both fighters? Also which federation is the main event world title fight for?

chefkicker
29-02-2008, 08:47
The matchmaking for the student showdown leaves much to be desired. I understand James Wilson has less experience than this Khan fella. Would somebody like to explain the records for both fighters? Also which federation is the main event world title fight for?

James Wilson and Daniel Khan are both novices. However, James Wilson's standard should not be used to represent either :

1. that of sheffield hallam university kickboxers. He is nowhere NEAR comparable to even the worst of university level fighters from Sheffield Hallam.
We have high standards im afraid ;)

2.Claude Evans from Black DRagons does not want anything to do with this match up as he himself stated that James was not even regular at his club (training only twice in a month???) and always had an excuse to not be at training.

James is fighting independently so he represents himself!

Anyway, i say best of luck to Daniel Khan , I hope Daniel wins this and im sure that most of the crowd will be cheering for him.
Daniel may be from leeds university BUT he is a sheffield lad born and bred.
I have met Dan twice and he seems like an interesting character with a bizarre sense of humour.
So go on Daniel, go kick ass and win!!!
:thumbsup:

shafique
29-02-2008, 09:50
Dan and james are both novices both had only 6 months training it takes alot of courage to step into the ring so we should support both of these fighters

Della
29-02-2008, 11:09
Couldn't agree more Shafique. I have the upmost respect for anyone who has the testicular fortitude to do it I could never do it. When that fight or flight moment occured I would most definately fly

chefkicker
29-02-2008, 14:11
Dan and james are both novices both had only 6 months training it takes alot of courage to step into the ring so we should support both of these fighters

Yes you are right, sometimes people who have stepped into the ring or onto the mat a multitude of times forget how much it takes to step up and fight.

However RE: Giving both fighters the same amount of support i disagree.
Daniel is the local fighter in reality, James is the "out of town student" so what the hell , lets support Dan!!!

shafique
03-03-2008, 09:22
1 week to go

chefkicker
03-03-2008, 15:56
1 week to go

Heres to a good night out with the lads.
:cool:

Looking forward to seeing John Dyson in action, this 75kg heap of muscle is a fighting machine born and bred!!!

ttnim
03-03-2008, 16:33
how do u get tickets?

Bovy
03-03-2008, 20:05
Cant wait for the show especially scott sykes v alix james. I have seen scott fight and he is quality, a friend of mine lives in derby and i have trained with alix he didnt seem very strong for his weight( Even though i'm quite a bit heavier) and have seen him fight quite a few times and i think scott will have his number

Bovy
03-03-2008, 20:42
Was wondering what weight the scott sykes v alix james was at??
I know alix is 62kg but i thought scott fought heavier than that?? anyone??

chefkicker
03-03-2008, 23:46
Was wondering what weight the scott sykes v alix james was at??
I know alix is 62kg but i thought scott fought heavier than that?? anyone??

Scot Sykes holds the ISKA title at 66.6kg (welterweight) in Thaiboxing. That is the "modified thaiboxing" as opposed to "full rules " with elbows.

Alix fought Sam Bawden from Wicker camp didnt he? Im sure that title fight was at 64.5kg?
It was an excellent fight with a lot of clinchwork. In my opinion, Scot sykes has superior hand skills but alix james is really strong in the clinch. He about 5'5" tall and just as wide!!!
:help:

Bovy
04-03-2008, 07:04
Yeh I think thats right I heard they had fought - can see this fight going Scots way on rules and weight..looking forward to it. Good luck to Marlon also, good card all round.

chefkicker
04-03-2008, 08:24
Yeh I think thats right I heard they had fought - can see this fight going Scots way on rules and weight..looking forward to it. Good luck to Marlon also, good card all round.

I hope it does go Scot's way too ;)
Scot is a TRUE champion whatever anyone else says.
Come along and say hello, well be at the VIP tables. Ill also be sitting with the instructor for Black Dragons kickboxing , Claude Evans.

AFK and Black Dragons, deadliest of rivals on the mats and in the ring but we are both going to be enjoying the show together and this is how we kick politics in the teeth!!!

I wish other clubs would follow our example.

shafique
04-03-2008, 09:29
how do u get tickets?

ring 07833 923635 for tickets not many left

chefkicker
04-03-2008, 16:25
1 week to go

5 days to go i cant wait for the following matches:

1. Adam Lawrence Vs Simon Marsden

Worst thing about this fight is that i cant commit myself to a prediction.
PRoper 50-50 match up!

2.Scot Sykes Vs Alix James

My money is on scot. Hes a proper welterweight fighter BUT you can never write Alix James off as he is really strong in the clinch.

3.Paul Cropper Vs (another thaiboxer from studio 2000)

Paul has a lot of heart and has improved loads.

4. Waj shafique Vs Rikky Veevers
Only a LIGHT continuous match though ? :(

shafique
05-03-2008, 15:04
anybody who comes dont forget to read the back page of the programme???

jediwarrior
05-03-2008, 15:26
why ??? wot is on bck

chefkicker
05-03-2008, 15:28
why ??? wot is on bck

Hey deano
"How do you keep an idiot in suspense"
:hihi:

shafique
05-03-2008, 16:44
why ??? wot is on bck

wait and see lets just say its a bit of info about the next show

exile
06-03-2008, 10:58
Wonder if that'll be Kerry Louise Norbury's next fight and SDF taking on the Maoris.

Or is there another show before then?

Master_J
06-03-2008, 13:44
The doors open at 4? What time is the first bout on?

shafique
06-03-2008, 13:59
The doors open at 4? What time is the first bout on?

5.30 the first bout

yorkie030
09-03-2008, 14:21
5.30 the first bout

I'll better hurry up & get ready then! :wink:

PS- Look forward to seeing you all down there & the best of luck to all the fighters. :thumbsup:

afhussain
09-03-2008, 21:50
darn i heard dan khan pulled out and james was left to face another opponent and lost via tko.....hopefully hell learn and train harder and come back strong.

chefkicker
09-03-2008, 22:06

Looks like Alix weighed in a bit heavier this time eh? I heard he weighed in at 69kg am i right?

Bovy
10-03-2008, 00:16
I heard yeh, he didnt look as trim as I had seen him before. Earlier rounds could see fighting at the heavier weight was causing some concern, some of Scotts punches were bang on. His legs and knees seemed to work well and were obviously keeping Scott on the back foot. Think more variety throughout the fight got the win for Alex, was close though - possible rematch would be good.

Would be interesting to see that final controversial kick to see where it landed.

Great show all round - atmosphere seemed alittle down on the show before I saw there but still good evening. Looking forward to the Brit vs Kiwi event!

impatient
10-03-2008, 06:40
Show was good, very slow to warm up though, for me it started with the fantastic Demo between the 2 fighters of Cris Piers, (kerry and Lee). that really got things going, great show of skill and technique from 2 different fighters.
World title was great and a well deserved win for Marlon Hunt, 12 hard rounds but he looked the better throughout. Congrats to you mate !!!

Imagine
12-03-2008, 19:29
Hi Everyone,

You may have noticed a few photographers and our photography stand on Sunday evening, all the photos will be ready by the end of this week, you can view them on our web site mode-photographic.com and purchase DVDs and prints.

Call Estelle on 07745050786 for more information or e mail us at info@mode-photographic.com

Photographs available soon

Many Thanks

The mode-photographic team

mamalocha
14-03-2008, 16:44
best show around other sheffield promoters should take a leaf out of this book

Imagine
16-03-2008, 13:39
Showdown 3

Event photos are available online via:

mode-photographic.com

Call Estelle on 07745050786 for more information or e mail us at info@mode-photographic.com

Many Thanks

The mode-photographic team

Freddylee
18-03-2008, 10:32
best show around other sheffield promoters should take a leaf out of this book

oh and whys that? whats so good about it that our shows dont have?

pretty boy
20-03-2008, 14:42
oh and whys that? whats so good about it that our shows dont have?

good location, good fights and well organised unlike some shows that i've been too

Tanya T 1
20-03-2008, 15:07
The photos from the night are really good, some great shots :D

chefkicker
20-03-2008, 17:04
good location, good fights and well organised unlike some shows that i've been too

I will adress your points one by one :

1. Good location/Venue
YES the venue is excellent.

2. Good Fights
There were a 3 Good fights that i actually did find exciting.:
Examples:
Simon Marsden Vs Adam Lawrence
Scot Sykes Vs Alix James
The first fight was good too.

Actually that world title was not bad either, sadly it was wasted on much of the sheffield crowd with many of them walking out after only seeing a few rounds (which i felt was not fair on the athletes to be honest)

3.Well organised, Organisation was not bad either although there were massive waits in between bouts.
Also the controversy in the Scot Sykes fight left a BIG gap while waiting for the decision.

When you say "unlike some other shows you have been to"

Can you please give examples regarding the fights or the organisation?

The Immortal
21-03-2008, 14:28
good location, good fights and well organised unlike some shows that i've been too Thats your opinion which even if it were unbiased doesn't really count for much as far as I'm concerned, mortal. There were only a couple of good fights and far too many demo's.

Scotts fight was good although the decision not to make it a draw was spurious. How the hell can you call a fight a draw and then award the fight to somebody? It would have made a lot more sense to award it a draw and then have them rematch, don't you think? Lets raise a glass to the WACKO judges, they really did well with that one. The only other "good" fight was Reaper vs Marsden.

The last fight did not bring the house down and was somewhat of an anticlimax (No disrepect to either Homeboy or The Game). I considered leaving on many occcasions as did the people on my table. In comparison the last fight on Ali's last show was mental. Going into the last round the only way Scott was going to win was to stop the other guy and thats exactly what he did. You could just feel the electricity in the building.

Well organised? For the main part, yes. Good location? Yes. Good fights? Not enough, nowhere near enough. 2 out of 3 ain't bad but consistently good fights MAKE a show regardless of the other variables. When you apply this simple rule then you can gloat as much as you want.

Footwork
23-03-2008, 16:54
Immortal,

In Scotts fight the correct procedures within the WAKO rules were followed to a tee.
If you are unsure of the WAKO rules in this situation if you call me personally I will take you through them.
When fighters agree the fights in pre fight meetings, both they and their coaches are reminded of the rules and they are in print at the signing in table.

Therefore in taking the fight they agree to abide by the rules and the judges decision and thats final.

If I take my fighters to someone elses show and the rules are different we read them 1 week before to confirm and finalise, then there are no discrepancies later.

Conclusion: Totaly correct decision by the judges, so yes you were totally correct lets raise our glasse to them!

shafique
25-03-2008, 09:11
Thats your opinion which even if it were unbiased doesn't really count for much as far as I'm concerned, mortal. There were only a couple of good fights and far too many demo's.

Scotts fight was good although the decision not to make it a draw was spurious. How the hell can you call a fight a draw and then award the fight to somebody? It would have made a lot more sense to award it a draw and then have them rematch, don't you think? Lets raise a glass to the WACKO judges, they really did well with that one. The only other "good" fight was Reaper vs Marsden.

The last fight did not bring the house down and was somewhat of an anticlimax (No disrepect to either Homeboy or The Game). I considered leaving on many occcasions as did the people on my table. In comparison the last fight on Ali's last show was mental. Going into the last round the only way Scott was going to win was to stop the other guy and thats exactly what he did. You could just feel the electricity in the building.

Well organised? For the main part, yes. Good location? Yes. Good fights? Not enough, nowhere near enough. 2 out of 3 ain't bad but consistently good fights MAKE a show regardless of the other variables. When you apply this simple rule then you can gloat as much as you want.

Well everyone has there opinion your welcome to yours just means you wont be coming to the next show ye??

shafique
25-03-2008, 09:12
I will adress your points one by one :

1. Good location/Venue
YES the venue is excellent.

2. Good Fights
There were a 3 Good fights that i actually did find exciting.:
Examples:
Simon Marsden Vs Adam Lawrence
Scot Sykes Vs Alix James
The first fight was good too.

Actually that world title was not bad either, sadly it was wasted on much of the sheffield crowd with many of them walking out after only seeing a few rounds (which i felt was not fair on the athletes to be honest)

3.Well organised, Organisation was not bad either although there were massive waits in between bouts.
Also the controversy in the Scot Sykes fight left a BIG gap while waiting for the decision.

When you say "unlike some other shows you have been to"

Can you please give examples regarding the fights or the organisation?

Massive waits in bouts?? you must of been day dreaming or something??

Strijd
25-03-2008, 11:09

Chefkicker,

Your shows are held in a WMC that isn't designed for a large crowd so you may have an easier time organising it.

I don't think you are in a position to comment on organisation.

The Octagon is a £17 - £20 ticket venue. Your venue is not.

chefkicker
25-03-2008, 15:35
Fighters get changed behind the bar? Oh dear you obviously are not a fighter then :P
The fighters have separate dressing rooms for red and blue corners.
Also the standard of actual fighting (which is what people pay to see) is worth every penny as i often have more people wanting to see the show than i can actually house. Also the fighters who fight on our shows fight their hearts out!

It greatly amuses me that you cannot find anything to criticise other than the venue. If you dont like the shows no one is forcing you to watch them at gunpoint :hihi:
People obviously think that my shows are worth the price of a ticket which is why they keep returning. Next time try and find something to talk about which you are actually qualified to make a statement about. :D

Strijd
25-03-2008, 15:41
Fighters get changed behind the bar? Oh dear you obviously are not a fighter then :P
Also the standard of actual fighting (which is what people pay to see) is worth every penny as i often have more people wanting to see the show than i can actually house. Also the fighters who fight on our shows fight their hearts out!

It greatly amuses me that you cannot find anything to criticise other than the venue. If you dont like the shows no one is forcing you to watch them at gunpoint :hihi:
People obviously think that my shows are worth the price of a ticket which is why they keep returning. Next time try and find something to talk about which you are actually qualified to make a statement about. :D

Dear Mr.Libellous,

I believe the reason that people keep seeing your shows boils down to the fact that they haven't experienced any of a higher standard, so typically don't know any better.

I feel sorry for your fighters. They endure hard training and preparation only for their glory to be cut short when made to fight in something that doesn't even qualify as a bingo hall.

Regards.

Strijd
25-03-2008, 15:47
It greatly amuses me that you cannot find anything to criticise other than the venue.

I didn't want to get too personal. My criticism would not be aimed at your fighters but at your narcissistic libellous posts on this forum.

Regards.

jermaine
25-03-2008, 16:08
Jesus, is it that time of the month pal?

exile
25-03-2008, 16:15
I believe the reason that people keep seeing your shows boils down to the fact that they haven't experienced any of a higher standard, so typically don't know any better.

I've been to shows at the O2 Arena and Newcastle Metro Radio Arena (put on by the Ultimate Fighting Championship), to shows at the Harvey Hadden Sports Centre (put on by Cage Warriors), to shows at Doncaster Dome (put on by Ultimate Force), to shows at Virtua Ice at Rotherham (put on by Fight Force) and various other smaller, local shows like Showdown and Farhad's shows.

And I'll still be going to Farhad's shows, regardless of whether the production values struggle to match the UFC's, because the fights are often well worth watching.

I feel a little sorry for anyone who wouldn't go to watch a Scott Sykes or Brent Crawley fight because they only go to shows with slick production values.

If you only went to shows with professional in-ring MCing, music production, lighting, and event management, you wouldn't go to any of the shows in Sheffield, because these things only generally feature at events with massive cash backing and full-time management/promotion.

chefkicker
25-03-2008, 17:10
I've been to shows at the O2 Arena and Newcastle Metro Radio Arena (put on by the Ultimate Fighting Championship), to shows at the Harvey Hadden Sports Centre (put on by Cage Warriors), to shows at Doncaster Dome (put on by Ultimate Force), to shows at Virtua Ice at Rotherham (put on by Fight Force) and various other smaller, local shows like Showdown and Farhad's shows.

And I'll still be going to Farhad's shows, regardless of whether the production values struggle to match the UFC's, because the fights are often well worth watching.

I feel a little sorry for anyone who wouldn't go to watch a Scott Sykes or Brent Crawley fight because they only go to shows with slick production values.

If you only went to shows with professional in-ring MCing, music production, lighting, and event management, you wouldn't go to any of the shows in Sheffield, because these things only generally feature at events with massive cash backing and full-time management/promotion.

Thank you Mr Exile
The above was a post by someone who clearly knows what he is talking about having been to such high profile shows.
Another thing to remember is that Showdown and AFK shows are all about the same level. They are both primarily shows for novices/amateur fighters. For either myself or Hussain to try and sell the shows as "prestigious" events or as "the best" of kickboxing is quite simply a lie.
Ok you are likely to get entertaining fights at all levels and the tenacity of the fights that the novices have will depend largely upon what kind of club they train at.

Example: A novice from a Thaiboxing or an MMA club is likely to have a more aggressive fighting style than a novice from a Lau gar kung fu or Taekwondo club.
Dont like to have to name examples but such is the nature of different martial arts.
Having said that , fighters who have had a Taekwondo or freestyle karate (or to a lesser extent Lau gar) background are possibly much more likely to experiment with the pretty looking high kicks and spinning kicks.

Nine times out of ten i choose to match my fighters against those from the Thaiboxing or MMA type of clubs as opposed to the latter.
Win lose or Draw , at least they will have a good fight and be worthy of the trophy be it a winners one or otherwise.
Sadly MOST of sheffields kickboxing clubs tend to be of "the latter variety" .

AFK is an "Old School" club with old school values. Our shows reflect the same values. We believe in fair play and all the fights are fairly matched.

max
26-03-2008, 12:26
MOD: Will you all please grow up and stop behaving like children. Anyone ignoring this plea will be banned.

yorkie030
26-03-2008, 12:54

On a lighter note I enjoy your shows Farhad. :thumbsup:

You feel so close to the action you could be in there yourself! (Personally I prefer to be outside the ropes these days) :blush:

All I can say is its horses for courses, with the Chef’s show at least you can get some nice grub & it’s got a great feel to the place. :bigsmile:

I’m just sorry I missed the last one (due to being away on a residential CP course) but I was lucky enough to get a DVD copy of the fights from Safa & I personally thought that it was a quality fight night! :clap:

Kickboxer 1
26-03-2008, 13:20

Can i just ask a few questions everytime ive been to a show at the octagon and if there has been a WAKO or WFKKO title there officials have been there.

When i went to a AFK show and there was a ISKA title but no ISKA officials how does that work?? the judges were merely friends of the promoter??

The wait between fights, the ring announcer?? and the fight matching was a bit suspect if you put a novice in with someone with more experience what do you get a AFK show!!!

Now i have been to both shows and i do not think its fair to compare the shows as the shows at the octagon are another level but some standard should remain i.e officials etc???

chefkicker
26-03-2008, 17:18
Can i just ask a few questions everytime ive been to a show at the octagon and if there has been a WAKO or WFKKO title there officials have been there.

When i went to a AFK show and there was a ISKA title but no ISKA officials how does that work?? the judges were merely friends of the promoter??

The wait between fights, the ring announcer?? and the fight matching was a bit suspect if you put a novice in with someone with more experience what do you get a AFK show!!!

Now i have been to both shows and i do not think its fair to compare the shows as the shows at the octagon are another level but some standard should remain i.e officials etc???

With regard to the officials, the referee in charge of the action was Dave Jackson who actually teaches at the Wolfslair.
Yes thats right the same man who teaches Mike Bisping and Paul Kelly of UFC fame. :D
Dave Jackson has also taught numerous kick and thaiboxing champions such as Warren Brown , Gavin Sterrit and Shaun Johnson among others.
As for the judges, all 3 judges were approved by Paul Hennessey and the Referee. By the way Dave does a lot of judging and refereeing for the ISKA so i think that answers your questions.

With Regards the matching , ALL the fights were correctly matched. That means novices fighting novices. The only 2 fighters who fought more experienced fighters were:
Hannah Shepherd and Peter Day
BOTH of them fought for AFK. BOTH were having their first full contact fight. (well both won as well, but not that you are going to give them any credit for that).

When you say another level, the octagon is a larger prettier venue, but yes you are right, the calibre of the novices fighting on an AFK show is a step above that of those on the Octagon show.

Kickboxer 1
27-03-2008, 09:29
With regard to the officials, the referee in charge of the action was Dave Jackson who actually teaches at the Wolfslair.
Yes thats right the same man who teaches Mike Bisping and Paul Kelly of UFC fame. :D
Dave Jackson has also taught numerous kick and thaiboxing champions such as Warren Brown , Gavin Sterrit and Shaun Johnson among others.
As for the judges, all 3 judges were approved by Paul Hennessey and the Referee. By the way Dave does a lot of judging and refereeing for the ISKA so i think that answers your questions.

With Regards the matching , ALL the fights were correctly matched. That means novices fighting novices. The only 2 fighters who fought more experienced fighters were:
Hannah Shepherd and Peter Day
BOTH of them fought for AFK. BOTH were having their first full contact fight. (well both won as well, but not that you are going to give them any credit for that).

When you say another level, the octagon is a larger prettier venue, but yes you are right, the calibre of the novices fighting on an AFK show is a step above that of those on the Octagon show.

Paul Hennesey so you trying to say that the judges are ISKA officials???

or you was to tight to pay ISKA judges and the fighters???

If AFK fighters are so good why have none fought in a sheffield show apart from at yours, but then all other sheffield clubs have fought at yours??

Why dnt you match some of your fighters up at showdown 5 againts sheffield acdemy of martial arts or Marsdens or KTBF or SDF??? or anyone else?? take them out of there comfort zone farhad

if you want i'll fight you im 70kg but i will drop the weight and we can fight any rules you want

Aplin
27-03-2008, 13:28
If AFK fighters are so good why have none fought in a sheffield show apart from at yours, but then all other sheffield clubs have fought at yours??

Farhad often posts on here and other places 'looking for available fighters' people who are up for fighting on his show will in turn respond to his messages / phone calls with their weights, ages and experience. How is it Farhad's fault if the other clubs don't
contact his and ask to be matched up? Whatever their reasons i.e. no fighters ready, none up for fighting AFK, etc they don't seem to have responded to his invitations for available fighters.

To be perfectly honest I think that statement is pure 'troll' material based on not fact but purely spite and dislike of Farhad personally on your part. I didn't see a single miss-matched fight on the whole card last show, I actually fought on the show... I was in the dressing rooms and didn't hear a single complaint from a single fighter whether they won or lost about the match making, quite the oppersite infact, most came out saying 'what a fight' and 'I should have...' none said anything along the lines of 'I couldn't have ever won that'.

You know why? Because Farhad takes great, great care in speaking to fighters before even matching them up. With me he had three possible fighters and asked me which one I would prefer, I am sure he asked the others who they would prefer and then he takes this into account weighing up weight, experience and other variables to make the match. It took him just over a week to choose who I was going to fight, which shows a lot of thought went into it. He then contacted me and said I think you are best suited to fight 'Safa' he told me honestly about him (age, experience, style, weight) and said would you like the fight... I could have said yes or no at that point!!!

I feel sorry for your fighters. They endure hard training and preparation only for their glory to be cut short when made to fight in something that doesn't even qualify as a bingo hall.

Again, that is your igronant opinion... which in my opinion is unjust and being a fighter myself I would say don't bother feeling sorry for me...
My sister has watched me fight at a packed out show in Newport with about 1000 people in the crowd in the Newport Centre and she recently came with me to watch this show in Sheffield. She like all my other friends said the atmosphere at this venue was 10 times what it was in Newport, they said they felt they were in the ring with me and it was as loud as watching a premiership football game from where they were standing. Literally, they loved it (looking through the thread they are not the only ones with this opinion and yet you are the only one with yours...)

if you want i'll fight you im 70kg but i will drop the weight and we can fight any rules you want

Seen kickboxer with John Claude Van Damme, where at the end they wrap their hands and cover them in shards of glass?
Those rules were pretty damned cool!!!

jermaine
27-03-2008, 14:32

Now i have been to both shows and i do not think its fair to compare the shows as the shows at the octagon are another level but some standard should remain i.e officials etc??? I judge at Farhads shows and have done ever since his first show and yes, I am also a good friend of his. I also don't hold a judges qualification but then again, I don't need one. I understand the rules and how the fights should be scored. Common sense, giving unbiased decisions and understanding the rules supercedes merely being a qualified official for an organisation like WAKO IMHO. Very few people who I've judged have complained about my decisions in the past. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me that I'm ok to judge just as I don't need a Phd to prove how intelligent I am.

Steve70
28-03-2008, 21:23
Ive been reading this thread since it started and feel that prior to march 9th all on the thread were getting on fine but now the show is over the knives come out and the slanging matches start.

Just because some one says they enjoyed the show more than another show certain people start getting on the defensive and attack the showdown-events management and organisers.

Then when the next show comes and goes they shout about not having there fighters on the show, is it any wonder if you continually slate the Octagon show!!

Some people prefer fighting at the octagon whilst some are happy with smaller shows, why cant we accept that and stop this bickering how do you expect to get the respect you deserve when you cant get on with each other.

Some people will say things just to wind others up but just ignore it because if you dont it makes you look stupid.

The Immortal
01-04-2008, 19:32
Immortal,

In Scotts fight the correct procedures within the WAKO rules were followed to a tee.
If you are unsure of the WAKO rules in this situation if you call me personally I will take you through them.
When fighters agree the fights in pre fight meetings, both they and their coaches are reminded of the rules and they are in print at the signing in table.

Therefore in taking the fight they agree to abide by the rules and the judges decision and thats final.

If I take my fighters to someone elses show and the rules are different we read them 1 week before to confirm and finalise, then there are no discrepancies later.

Conclusion: Totaly correct decision by the judges, so yes you were totally correct lets raise our glasse to them! Whatever you say, Cris :loopy:

Steve70
02-04-2008, 23:46
Whatever you say, Cris :loopy:

Immortal what is your point, why are you trying to make out that footwork is wrong?

Have you ever trained ? or do you train ? will you let us know your extensive Kickboxing background ? you seem to know footworks name so why dont you introduce your self !
instead of hiding behind the computer screen, perhaps you are a real warrior a keyboard warrior LOL

i take it you dont train in any martial arts, wako judges are all qualified and have attended training to become judges, they are a little more qualified than you to give a decision on a fight, in the James vs Sykes fight both fighters had trained hard and at the end some one deserves to win wether its a judges comment or a KO,

Not every one can judge a kickboxing show, its like any other sport the officials have to be trained, i.e Not every one is allowed to refferee sunday football games, but theres thousands of spectators on the side lines that think they can based on the theory, they can and have been playing football for a long time.

imortal grow up

:blush:

The Immortal
05-04-2008, 13:01
At the end of the day somebody deserved to win? Are you serious? If the judges have both fighters on the same amount of points on a scorecard at the end of a fight, most people would term that a draw. Correct? So just because one deserves to win more than the other (in the judges eyes), he is awarded the fight. Explain the logic in that please.

That's like a referee in a premiership match awarding the team with most possession and most shots on target a win after they have drawn 1-1. Doesn't that seem somewhat retarded to you?

Steve70
05-04-2008, 21:29
At the end of the day somebody deserved to win? Are you serious? If the judges have both fighters on the same amount of points on a scorecard at the end of a fight, most people would term that a draw. Correct? So just because one deserves to win more than the other (in the judges eyes), he is awarded the fight. Explain the logic in that please.

That's like a referee in a premiership match awarding the team with most possession and most shots on target a win after they have drawn 1-1. Doesn't that seem somewhat retarded to you?

Your not going to change any thing with insults you have your opinion and the judges have their rules thats that,
i would suggest you dont come to one of the showdown events again if your not happy with the outcome,
or even dont bother fighting on a WAKO sanctioned event, their problem solved.

The Immortal
07-04-2008, 15:14
Your not going to change any thing with insults you have your opinion and the judges have their rules thats that,
i would suggest you dont come to one of the showdown events again if your not happy with the outcome, or even dont bother fighting on a WAKO sanctioned event, their problem solved. Your grammar is quite atrocious. Anyway, I might take your advice especially since I hear that You are rematching Homeboy and the Game again. Is that going to be another main event? Can you really risk half of the audience leaving 3 rounds into the fight? If so, can you give the lads Uzi's or even Super Soaker water guns to make their fight more interesting this time. Fool.

shafique
11-04-2008, 10:35
Your grammar is quite atrocious. Anyway, I might take your advice especially since I hear that You are rematching Homeboy and the Game again. Is that going to be another main event? Can you really risk half of the audience leaving 3 rounds into the fight? If so, can you give the lads Uzi's or even Super Soaker water guns to make their fight more interesting this time. Fool.

Steve who ever he is has nothing to do with any fight match making at showdowns events