Wheelchair 'Walks'

hiya

Just wondering if people can suggest nice green places to visit that are easily accessible for wheelchair or scooter user?

I find it quite a palaver getting out of the car, setting up wheelchair, sorting out dog(s).

can anyone recommend places to park handy for Bole Hills park, Eccleshall Woods.

or any other quieter green spaces suited to people with sensory problems?

Endcliffe Park can be a bit too much to cope with some days. Although parks with nice cafes are lovely of course, just need ot find the quieter times.

I was thinking about visiting Wire Mill Dam - what's it's like ? does it link up with Forge Dam? I've passed the sign on Whiteley Wood Rd many times, but thought it was a private fishing club.

thanks

Are you looking for local or a day out? Some of the reservoirs have great disabled access and parking.

Hi Duckweed

I am just looking for places for fairly short outings, nothing too strenuous.

I'll check out Redmires.

thanks for the suggestion :)

Depends how far you want to go really but there are some great spots if you have transport.

Rother Valley Country Park is good, Poolsbrook at chesterfield, Chesterfield canal............. maybe we could start a thread for local wheelchair tracks? : )

Any ideas for walks with wheelchairs in the Sheffield area?

My husband who is a wheelchair user and I like to go for walks in the countryside but some wheelchair walks are about 10m long! Not worth the effort!

Rother Valley is good ~ i can push him all the way round the large lake although some of the paths are a bit rough but no hills ~ and its a good way not a 2 minute stroll

Thats the sort of info we need ~ paths, length, gradients ..........

Any more ideas?

pm me for contact numbers, Jill, I know of a publication called "Easy Going Walks" that you can get hold of which shows wheelchair friendly routes.

The Longshaw Estate has quite good access for wheelchairs to the visitor centre, and I've seen a number of people walking on various parts of the estate with wheelchair-using members of their party so I assume that there is access from the visitor centre to at least part of the estate.

poolsbrook country park at Staveley. smaller version of RV with no chavs in the summer. cafe is only opne on weekends though. limestoned flat footpath around the circumference.

Not countryside but how about Graves Park?

have found Graves Park and Poolsbrook ~ thanks tho!

Any others?

Have you tried Clumber park?

Not Steven Gerrard is it? :hihi:

Yes been round Clumber but thanks anyway : )