Sheffielders 'Days Out'

Sheffield has so much on it's doorstep and in the Summer Sheffielders head out of the city in their thousands, I thought it would make a good topic on the forum to discuss all the good places to go for a day out. The Peak District, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Notts, Skeggy, Cleethorpes etc.....reviews or recommendations anyone ??????

Guest Guest

A must for a visit is Brodsworth Hall nr Doncaster (English Heritage). Magnificent restored building in beautiful gardens. Good for children. has lots of entertainments in summer months.

Nostell Priory (Nat Trust) is also worth a visit.

:D

Mo

Manifold valley in staffordshire is a good place to visit, approximately 25 miles from sheffield. it run's for seven miles through beautifull countryside,there is a river at the side of a cafe, walk's, cycle path's, hill's to climb, a natural cave on the hill ( only for the very fit. )

Peace and quiet, the valley is shelterd from any chilly wind, A railway used to run through the valley in the early twentieth century and you can walk through the tunnel ( or drive ) through it, the valley is a botanist's delight. :roll::roll::roll:

I went there today! Its great! lol! I'm not one to appreciate scenery but that was really nice!

Glad you liked it Caprice! I have spent many happy day's there in the summer. Hal. Evans. :lol::P:D

The cave is great! Creswell Crags is also a pretty decent place to go

Chatsworth House is a nice place to visit, it's not too far.

Alton Towers is always worth going to, but it's best to go on a school day, mid-term.

Give me a nice walk up Mam Tor anyday.

Renishaw hall and gardens, these are some of the finest gardens I have seen, one can spend all day on the lawns, walkways over the lakes, among the flower beds, trees, through the woods, it is a paradise for photographers, still and camcorders.

Not been in the house yet, only open at certain times they say it is worth a visit. :):):)

The Dales are beautiful. I worked out you could catch a train at about 9 one Saturday, go to Ribblehead Station and spend a day walking and catch a train home at about 6.