Jazz Clubs/Live Jazz

Are there any Live Jazz venues in Sheffield, and if there are how regular are the performances?

How about an open Mic night?

There used to be a regular spot on Monday nights in The (old) Grindstone in Crookes. Give them a ring and see if it's still going on.

Nomme

They have Jazz at the following

Norfolk Arms Ringinglow

Bucowskis London Rd

Originally posted by ~JTH~

Are there any Live Jazz venues in Sheffield, and if there are how regular are the performances?

How about an open Mic night?

There used to be a jazz night at The Lescar - not sure if there still is.

There used to be on facing onto Devonshire Green but it may have long gone by now.

Originally posted by alchresearch

There used to be on facing onto Devonshire Green but it may have long gone by now.

I think you're talking about Mr Kites/Casablancas Bar/Bistro on Devonshire Street- it was there for years. It moved to Regents Terrace- a side street off West Street just opposite Barclays Bank- pretty recently. Went for a meal there last Wednesday and they had a live 2-piece Jazz band (piano/sax) from 8pm. Quality night! Apparently they do live Jazz Mondays from 8pm too..

There are quite a few venues - The Green Room is what used to be Casablanca on Devonshire Street, Lescar Hotel on Sharrowvale Road has jazz on Weds nights, Trippet's Wine Bar has Jazz on Thursdays...

Check out my web page http://www.wendykirkland.com to see when me and my trio are playing!

Cheeky plug eh...

Forgot to mention that if you look at http://www.sheffieldjazz.org.uk you will see loads of gigs in Sheffield, at the Non-Political Club on Eccleshall Road and the Crucible Studio.

Fancy me forgetting that!:D

I'm not a mega Jazz fan, but sure I've seen 'Ecclesall non-political club' (yeah - another Ecclesall reference - please don't start the debate in this thread - we've had enough) in the Metor and What's on guide as having different Jazz on Thursday nights. I think you have to pay to get in tho'.

The Green Room on Devonshire Street has Jazz on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Also has live music on Tuesdays.

Does anyone know if there are any good Jazz Bars around the Sheffield city centre?

Bucowskis is supposed to be good. But this isn't the right forum, lol

Never mind...it's on London Road