It's a knockout

Can anyone remember the "it's a knockout" show coming to Norfolk Park in about 1970. I went down there to watch. I was only five years old at the time and remember there was a long delay. I waited for an age for things to commence but it got so late, i had to go home and missed all the fun.

Yup, I was there. It tried to get on TV by waving, like an idiot, at anything that passed by. We stood in the rain and cold for ages and didn't see jack s***

I was with royals too: Fergie and Prince Andrew right?

yes a gang of us went there,and like you,got fed up with waiting and went home.

If I remember right It's a Knockout came here twice, once for the local UK edition where we played S****horpe. Then we also had an edition of Jeux Sans Frontieres from Sheffield I think.

I A K O was also hosted on the Arbourthorne playing fields just below the Vulcan pub further up the hill from Norfolk Park.As a kid I grew up on the flats and I remember watching the preparations with great interest.

I'd love to get hold of some old tape from those programmes on the fields.

Originally posted by bulldog D

I A K O was also hosted on the Arbourthorne playing fields just below the Vulcan pub further up the hill from Norfolk Park.A.

Yep I went down there too. I sat next the big rotating 'steel' ball that was advertising Sheffield. We did play Scunthorpe, and we lost. It was a great day for me though, I was 8, and it was like a bit of Hollywood coming to town.

I remember it being at herringthorpe playing fields but cant remember the year

I went to that, but it wasn't the Royal one, that was in the 80's and from Windsor Great Park.

I went down with a group of friends, it was a late start and i am sure it finished in the dark

We went to the one in Norfolk Park. Stuart Hall guffawing all the time was hilarious

Can anyone remember the "it's a knockout" show coming to Norfolk Park in about 1970. I went down there to watch. I was only five years old at the time and remember there was a long delay. I waited for an age for things to commence but it got so late, i had to go home and missed all the fun.

yer i remember its a knockout in norfolk park, my mates and me spent ages trying to get in but without success. and ypu you remember the storms on arbourthore and norfolk park we went up there a few days after when it had calmed down and saw the devastation the storm had brought were lots of the prefabs had been distroyed , think it was david dimbelby that reported it for the BBC