Car Supermarkets

We have recently bought a new(ish) car and we are very pleased with it.

But what I'd like to know is . :roll: ...Has anyone out there ever bought a car

from a car supermarket and driven it away within one hour!

Originally posted by "Tricia"

We have recently bought a new(ish) car and we are very pleased with it.

But what I'd like to know is . :roll: ...Has anyone out there ever bought a car

from a car supermarket and driven it away within one hour!

I haven't driven away with one hour from anyplace and the only place I have seen advertising this is Carcraft...I hope it isn't here where you bought your car from because I think they are merchants. Their APR levels are disgusting and I detest the pushy attitude of the Car Salesman.

Yes! you are right!

They are very pushy and my hubby got well and truly ''pushed''

Unfortunately they just don't want to sell you a car .They insist or ''push''

on to you extra cover and warranties which are not nessessary.

The cars they sell are OK! but I shall never buy one from them again.

Just keep saying no, then they can't do anything, most times car salesmen don't sell, people talk themselves into buying one. I alway's say to them, i'm looking round for the best deal and if I can't find one, I might, come back. It takes some courage, but it pay's off. Remember, YOU are the boss because YOU have the money and they want it! 8)8)8)

That is very true.Unfortunately at Carcraft They sell you the car and then they make you sit in a little office while you wait for your car to be brought around to you.And they try and sell you this 'extra' cover for this that and the other! After 3 hours of waiting (what for I do not know!) we were totally worn out!I left my hubby alone in the office with the

warranty salesman and he fell for all the sales pitch garbage,hook ,line

& sinker!!

Originally posted by "Tricia"

That is very true.Unfortunately at Carcraft They sell you the car and then they make you sit in a little office while you wait for your car to be brought around to you.And they try and sell you this 'extra' cover for this that and the other! After 3 hours of waiting (what for I do not know!) we were totally worn out!I left my hubby alone in the office with the

warranty salesman and he fell for all the sales pitch garbage,hook ,line

& sinker!!

The extra cover is a total rip off and the APR varies, the salemen tries to get the highest one because he will get some sort of bonus from the credit company I should imagine. I won't ever waste my time with Carcraft and would advise everyone else to do the same. If you mention Carcraft name to any other respectable dealer just watch their face change.

What made me really mad was the fact that there is no ''cooling off '' period for these extra cover items. This is because my hubby signed on the dotted line on Carcraft premises in front of a salesman and we cannot back out of itI have tried.I phoned the Citizens advice and I was told that the government are trying to stop this sort of agreement. If ever this happens then I don't think Carcraft will be very happy!!

Stay well clear of car supermarkets. They are one of the biggest ripoffs around. The APR is shockingly high and the cars are of poor quality andnot worth their prices.

I bought a car from one a couple of years ago and it was terrible. When it broke down they were using every excuse they could to avoid fixing it.

Its the 'warranty syndrome' theyre all at it, retailers have realised they can offer you so called lower prices then pan you with insurance cover and will even make out theyre doing you a favour allowing you to purchase on credit !!

If you buy an item on credit which is under £25000 and

1) Not for home improvements OR

2) Not for buying land,

then you have the right to a 7 day cooling off period during which it is illegal for the credit seller or an associated company with an interest in your buying the product, contacting you. If you paid for the warranty up front then this act doesn't apply because it's not being bought on credit otherwise they may have lied to you in which case you would have legal recourse. (Please note I'm not giving legal advice! If you need legal advice talk to a lawyer!)

i work for carcraft personally and i would like to clear up a few things about your complaints - i see a few of you that are upset about the after sales service and people trying to sell you extras on top of the car....

Carcraft have two departments there is the sales department which is when you walk in and choose a car and the people there talk you through everything and then show you to the finance office in order to close your deal - the finance office is a totally different company that is on the same site and this is what gives carcraft a bad name. once we have found and sold you a car our work is done - it then goes onto the finance dept. of which they ring round other companies in order to get finance for you and it is here were they try and put loads of extras onto your deal in order to get bonuses for themselves.... please understand this is a different dept. and they are trying to make money for themselves..... the only way carcraft make money is from figures and that is how many cars they sell, not what extras are added on as you purchase the vehicle.... the easiest way is just to purchase the car and when they sort out the finance for you just say you dont want no extras just the car and the guarantee that comes with it.... hope this clears a few things up.....

Well then A) Carcraft should choose an alternative and more reliable finace dept to deal with their business.

And B) Carcraft should have a kind of till system in place where a cash (credit card or cheque) buyer can walk in... choose a car... pay the money... drive away.

Seeing as Carcraft don't have A) and B) sorted then they're to blame in my book. Glad I turned them down for a saleman job last year. Would hate to think I was ripping off customers or misleading them in someway.