Disability allowance

Does anyone know how much an adult aged 36 will get if they go on disabilIty allowance or does it depend on the disability?

he is working at the moment but finding it really hard to cope now :help:

It depends on the disability if they get low, middle or high rate, Also if it prevents them from travelling properly, they may get mobility allowance also....

i am not sure if he would get high rate.

he is working but was doing 50 hours and can now only do 22 due to having a brain tumour which causes fits.

would he be able to get benefits on top of working has he may need to knock his hours down more but not completely stop working :)

contact the Citizens Advice Bureau as it will totally depend on the circumstances

You'd be better having this moved to the Disability and Carers thread in Special Interest Groups.

There are some knowledgeable chaps on there!

when you say he is working doing 22 hours he wont be entitled to anything so you would be just wasting your time to get disability living allownace you have to prove you are not able to do things for yourself I find it hard to understand how you expect to prove this when in fact the person is working for a living I am afraid you wont qualify

Moved to the Disability and Carers group.

when you say he is working doing 22 hours he wont be entitled to anything so you would be just wasting your time to get disability living allownace you have to prove you are not able to do things for yourself I find it hard to understand how you expect to prove this when in fact the person is working for a living I am afraid you wont qualify

This is an extract from the DLA webpage:

"You can get Disability Living Allowance whether or not you work.

It isn’t usually affected by any savings or income you may have."

I think the OP had better wait until Happyhippy spots the thread, I think he's the chap with most of the answers when it comes to DLA.

This isn't just about how much disability living allowance might be paid but about the need for information on financial entitlements right across the board. as well as DLA, you could look at working tax credit (with the disability element) or what benefits might be payable if he came out of work. it might also be necessary to look at employment rights and what adjustments are needed to carry on doing the job.

Try http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/

the person is working at the moment but due to his condition worsening he may have to drop his hours again or stop work all together which he does not want to do.

someone told him he can get disabiltiiy allowance even though working but he just cant really afford to stop working altogether.

Cherryice, can I just ask if you mean Incapacity Benefit, or Disability Living Allowance, or if the person is more mature, Attendance Allowance?

Ricky, what you have said is utterly wrong, my friend. You can work and get DLA, and you can work and get IB under certain circumstances.