63 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Favorite Sheffield Team

• Steelers (Ice Hockey)
    • Sharks (Basketball)
    • Tigers (Speedway)
    • Eagles (Rugby)
    • United (Soccer)
    • Wednesday (Soccer)

I was just wondering if you could only watch one Sheffield Team in action, which would it be and why?

For me it would have to be the Steelers, Ice Hockey to me is the ultimate sport, Fast, Tough and Skillful.

Cheers

Kerry

I voted the Steelers. Despite being a major footy fan I'm kind of neutral when it comes to Wednesday and United. Went to see the Steelers once last season and enjoyed it. I'm hoping to go again...

WTF is soccer? It's football love .. FOOTBALL. Just because you like an American Sport no need to adopt vulgar Americanisms.

soccer is an english word.

it is short for 'association football' and is not an americanism at all.

I think you'll find that 'soccer' is a term that is NEVER used by British football fans. The only countries where it is in widespread usage is those where football is not a major national sport. I.E The US, Canada, and Australia/NZ.

I am aware that soccer is a derivative of association football but as a descriptive sporting term is almost exclusively associated with the US and the other countries noted above.

Sheffield Wednesday, they have given me some of the best and worst weekends of my life :?

Steelers for me:D

Originally posted by rarstar

soccer is an english word.

it is short for 'association football' and is not an americanism at all.

I think you'll find 'Soccer' is an adaptation of a Latin Word meaning 'Game of Foot'.

But still it's football either way. As is in you use your Foot and a Ball. Simple Logic!

Play ice hockey,

Eat ice hockey,

Sleep ice hockey.

-All the way

SOCCER

Function: noun

Etymology: by shortening & alteration from association football

Date: 1889

: a game played on a field between two teams of 11 players each with the object to propel a round ball into the opponent's goal by kicking or by hitting it with any part of the body except the hands and arms -- called also association football

Cheers

Kerry:D

Thanks for the 'modern' definition Kerry. However the name 'originated' from a latin word meaning 'game of foot'. I'm just trying to find the bugger!

LOL

I just looked at one of the online dictionarys.

For Ice hockey I found this:

Function: noun

Etymology: by shortening & alteration from Gods own game

Date: 2000BC

: a game played on ice between two teams of animals intent on killing each other between attempts to score goals on the target, often know as the goalie or netminder. The players or animals propel a piece of vulcanised rubber at speeds of upto 100 miles per hour at the target or mad fool as some call the goalie.

Cheers

Kerry:P