What extra kit do I need for travel photography?

I'm off on my travels soon, and want to make sure I've got all the right kit to make the most of the photo opportunies. I've got a Fuji S9600, manfrotto midi tripod, cable release, tabletop/mini tripod, spare batteries and charger - all wrapped up in a Slingshot bag. I'm still fairly new to photograpy so wondered if anyone could recommend anything else I might need (filters etc) to make the most of the scenery. I guess it'll be mainly landscape/architecture shots - and probably (hopefully) in bright sunlight!

Any advise appreciated!

cheers

I'm off on my travels soon, and want to make sure I've got all the right kit to make the most of the photo opportunies. I've got a Fuji S9600, manfrotto midi tripod, cable release, tabletop/mini tripod, spare batteries and charger - all wrapped up in a Slingshot bag. I'm still fairly new to photograpy so wondered if anyone could recommend anything else I might need (filters etc) to make the most of the scenery. I guess it'll be mainly landscape/architecture shots - and probably (hopefully) in bright sunlight!

Any advise appreciated!

cheers

Polarising filter to make the most of those sunny skies?

Extra memory cards so that if you lose one, you don't lose all your pix?

Alternatively, a laptop/storage device to back-up your pix?

A laptop is useful anyway, to view images at the end of each day so that you can learn from any mistakes you might have made.

Have a great holiday!

Pete

plastic bag and elastic band in this weather or a ziploc bag works.

Don't cut corners buying cheap memory cards, if they corrupt and you cannot get your photos off you will kick yourself.

Keep memory card sizes "small" so that if you loose a card you don't loose too many irreplaceable photos.

Make sure you have an electrical adapter so you recharge your ample supply of camera batteries.

plastic bag and elastic band in this weather or a ziploc bag works.

Like willman says, but I all ways carry a couple of bin liners.

A couple of reasonable sized silica jell bags to go in your camera bag to help absorb any dampness,

and the first thing I bought for my new S9600, a clear (uv) lens protector.

that's a 58mm thread you need by the way

thanks for the ideas everyone - looks like I'm off to Harrisons tomorrow! I'm not too sure what the bin liner is for though - could someone explain (or am I just having a blonde moment!)

cheers

thanks for the ideas everyone - looks like I'm off to Harrisons tomorrow! I'm not too sure what the bin liner is for though - could someone explain (or am I just having a blonde moment!)

cheers

It's a good idea to keep your kit wrapped to prevent moisture getting in, even if it's in a camera bag. Unless you are going somewhere with guaranteed rain-free sunshine....

Remember to post some pix when you get back.

Pete

Get yourself a small bean-bag. You can use it for resting the camera on when a tripod would be too cumbersome.